It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Sandy Hook memorial "Hitch Your Wagon to a Star"(pix)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
A new memorial is dedicated at the firehouse up the street from the school. "Hitch Your Wagon to a Star" Hmmmm..... Note the 'witchy' letter pattern used. How many hidden 'sixes' can you find in there? It's showbiz, baby!!

edit on 27-1-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
My first language isn't english but what does the main message mean? Hitch your wagon to a star? It seems a bit disconnected from the event... Not very fitting for some reason..

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy...what does the main message mean? Hitch your wagon to a star? It seems a bit disconnected from the event... Not very fitting for some reason..

www.godweb.org...
Hitch your wagon to a star. That is the oft quoted advice of Ralph Waldo Emerson. ... That was the philosopher's way of saying that all of us need high ideals, a commanding sense of purpose, great ambitions.

Not very fitting to say the least. What great purpose or high ideals does the plaque refer to? The grand design of the NWO? Gun Control? To who is the message on the plaque aimed? The dead victims? You the reader?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

I am American and though my memory isn't the best I have never heard the phrase, "Hitch your wagon to a star", I'm assuming the message means "let these children guide you to help more." I'm loosing making this conclusion that Firetrucks used to be wagons and therefore that term can be drawn towards modern day firetrucks. Hope that makes sense.

Thank you for the post!

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Im not sure why, but this statement tends to stick out to me....

Monsignor Robert Weiss spoke Saturday, telling those who gathered, "People looked to the stars before recorded time as a source of strength, a source of guidance, to show them where to go. Let these stars lay a path for us to follow into the future."

I'm not sure if its just a few words of encouragement, or some type of code talk. Meh, who knows.

www.ctpost.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The message is aimed at the perpetrators of the alleged massacre. Their goal of disarming the public to further their agenda of national then global domination is the highest of aspirations. It commemorates their attitude that the lofty Ends justify the corrupt Means.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego

Originally posted by Swizzy...what does the main message mean? Hitch your wagon to a star? It seems a bit disconnected from the event... Not very fitting for some reason..

www.godweb.org...
Hitch your wagon to a star. That is the oft quoted advice of Ralph Waldo Emerson. ... That was the philosopher's way of saying that all of us need high ideals, a commanding sense of purpose, great ambitions.

Not very fitting to say the least. What great purpose or high ideals does the plaque refer to? The grand design of the NWO? Gun Control? To who is the message on the plaque aimed? The dead victims? You the reader?

Very fitting though for the gun-grabbers who staged this event.

"High ideals"... of public hatred towards firearms.
"Commanding sense of purpose"... to see that guns are banned for our "safety" and the childrens "safety".

"Great ambitions" to see to it through to completion that we are completely disarmed eventually.

Sound like a fitting motto for the Traitors to me.

edit on 27-1-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Not fitting?

I'd find it offensive If I were parent to one of these dead children.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well, the vague and to some, mixed messages carried in this sure isn't what I would have chosen for a memorial to the event.

Having said that...I'm not a participant to those who have lost what few can even imagine. If this is what the majority or all parents agreed to and feel is appropriate, I don't think anyone outside that really has much place to attack it or ridicule what would seem to come from the heart for them and how they've chosen to immortalize the children and victims.

Despite it not being my taste, I can see the art, meaning and beauty to it for why they would have chosen it. Agreement isn't required to have respect, after all...and I do respect their choice. I've seen worse, at least.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I don't get it.

Although I do think the stars are nice, both on the plaque and on the roof as a reminder... although if I'd been the parent of one of the kids it wouldn't be anything I'd be appreciating yet, way too early. More suitable a year later or so.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by aspiechick

I think that's right to the heart of the problem for these people in the middle of it. The media, politicians and public aren't giving them that time to mourn and come to these things in good time as they may just naturally come up with them. (sigh)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Note the same '(bloody?)handprint' theme in the following pics. Coincidence? Or some kind of occult message?

edit on 30-1-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
Note the same '(bloody?)handprint' theme in the following pics. Coincidence? Or some kind of occult message?

Starviego, do you have any new insights into this "memorial?" I haven't had time to look into this matter much, but since you have I would like to know what you think.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Here's the story behind your "occult message"...

helpinghandsfornewtown.weebly.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
27 innocent people were shot and killed that day... for all we know Nancy Lanza was as much a hero as the other poor women who died... maybe she battled with her son or with the people acting for her son... maybe she died a hero.
Sad case all round.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

D. H. Lawrence also wrote "For whereas the mind works in possibilities, the intuitions work in actualities, and what you intuitively desire, that is possible to you. Whereas what you mentally or "consciously" desire is nine times out of ten impossible; hitch your wagon to star, or you will just stay where you are"

*kind of reminds me of the Disney themesong "when you wish upon a star (makes no difference who you are)" lyrics.

other: "Fought and sailed and took a prize Even as it was their right, Drank a glass and kissed a maid Between the volleys of a fight. Don't begrudge their lives of danger, You are better off by far, But, if war again comes,—stranger, Hitch your wagon to their star."
CHARLES H. L. JOHNSTON.

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Hitch your wagon to a star

Hitch your wagon to a star. Prov. Always aspire to do great things.; Do not set pessimistic goals. (From Ralph Waldo Emerson's essay, "Civilization.") The speaker who delivered the high school commencement address challenged the graduating students to hitch their wagons to a star. Bob: What do you want to be when you grow up? Child: I used to want to be a great actor, but my dad told me hardly anybody gets to be an actor, so now I have to pick something else. Bob: Nonsense. If you want to be an actor, then do your best to be an actor. Hitch your wagon to a star!

The World is a Stage - Be a Good Actor?
Hitch your Wagon to a Star, what a weird phrase to use.

top topics

join