It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fan Tackled after making $75,000 Half-court Basketball Shot!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I haven't seen this posted here yet so if you haven't seen it check it out, a computer geek nails it!

The shot was worth $75,000. The reaction was priceless. Basketball fan Michael Drysch nailed a one-handed hook shot following the third quarter of Friday's Heat-Pistons game.

Drysch raised his fists, smiling, triumphant. Then he braced for a bear hug from Heat superstar LeBron James, with James tackling the man in jubilation -- Drysch was selected to take the shot through James's foundation.

As the hug continued, Drysch patted the basketball icon on the back, both of the men beaming.

"Nice way to meet somebody," Drysch, a computer technician from McHenry, Ill., said later. "I can't believe it."

Story with photo

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
From the title I assumed the tackling wasn't in happiness but in anger from some security guard or something.
Anyways, awesome video OP. S&F!

Damn I wish I could make a shot like that.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Good for that man. That was a really hard shot and he got to feel like a player winning a championship with the hug and all.

Bread and circus.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dondylion
From the title I assumed the tackling wasn't in happiness but in anger from some security guard or something.

The guy said he 'could just feel it was going to be good' the second the ball left his hand. wow

And he sky-hooked it!
edit on 27-1-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

I don't know sports and I don't even know who Lebron James is but that totally cheered me up. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph

Originally posted by Dondylion

The guy said he 'could just feel it was going to be good' the second the ball left his hand. wow

I've had some moments like that so I can definitely relate to how he felt. The other night at the ECHL All-Stars Skills Game, they had this puck-shot game thing for kids. I decided to try it and actually made all 9 shots within 30 seconds or so.
Most of the guys there were shocked that a girl could shoot that well. Especially considering I was shooting left-handed when I'm a right handed person.

I wonder if he could do that again...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

I don't know sports and I don't even know who Lebron James is but that totally cheered me up. Thanks.

one does not simply not know who lebron is..

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Thats awesome. I am possitive the people doing these contest dont actually expect any one to make that shot. The guy looked out of shaped, probably got picked for a reason. It is 75k

He probably whispered in his ear after tackling him, "you know your not getting the money right?"
Haha I kid.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by smwoop

Originally posted by Cuervo

one does not simply not know who lebron is..

To be honest, if I heard his name out of context, I'd think him a inspirational speaker like Tony Robbins or something. "Lebron James" totally sounds like an author or a self-help guru.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Or a good bourbon

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
too self conscious to call it a hug?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Chubby, out-of-shape nerds everywhere should be inspired.

edit on 28-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I call BS, he obviously crossed the half court line. I vote no good, therefor no prize. (jk of course, but he did cross)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

It was for charity and hefty people get ALOT of respect on the court.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
That was pretty great, too bad I'm pretty awful at basketball. I wish NASCAR had something like this, maybe I'd finally get to do something awesome on TV!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
If you like that... You may also like this amazing spectacle.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Wow
lucky guy.

Back in middle school I'd always shoot from half court in gym class and I'd make it a couple of times a week. The odds are against you, yes, but its not horribly bad odds as long as you have the arm strength to lob it to the basket.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopie
If you like that... You may also like this amazing spectacle.

U right that really was amazing and he did'nt even get off his phone either!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wizayne
I call BS, he obviously crossed the half court line. I vote no good, therefor no prize. (jk of course, but he did cross)

Actually he released the ball before he crossed the line so no foul!

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyn50
Wow
lucky guy.

Back in middle school I'd always shoot from half court in gym class and I'd make it a couple of times a week. The odds are against you, yes, but its not horribly bad odds as long as you have the arm strength to lob it to the basket.

I used to have a hellava hook, but I know I would probably never pull off a sky hook from mid-court like he did.

If it did happen, as my luck would have it, it would be while no one was around, no body took a picture, there was no reward, and nobody's ever going to believe me.

edit on 29-1-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join