It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think we're being turned against one another.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hey, this thread kinda went beyond what I expected, plentiful responses. Mostly, I liked this one:

Originally posted by GRS1234
reply to post by samerulesapply

ok ok ok whoa whoa whoa if you wanna go by the image then go by the image simply put im worried about what the domestic things are going on i could give two sh1ts what gose on over there and for us to go ahead and indulge you guys is stupid and the same for you i mean were a fing ocean apart that should be your first clue as to shut up and stick your nose where it actually belongs in your own back yard you know nothing of our right and the red neck thing is ludacris as your damn bowler hat theory this aint the damn special olympics if you want to believe the hype and go along then so be it do as thou wilt and if you feel this way you should look at ats's slogan and think about it long and hard. FUTHERMORE when retaining to the wora ignorence how can you judge a tree by one leaf or a book by its cover quit using one apple to justify throwing away the group wow i mean seriously this is how we are losing our rights here in america its not just about fing guns althought they are a "reset" to government that many are to scared of for good reason and dont give me no bull# about technology wtf you think gose on in the middle east with america and russia and every one els who gots their nose where it dont belong. you would think after vietnam we would learn our fing lesson i mean the #s sickening DENY IGNORENCE history is repetative learn to get out of the damn stream and think for your self

sorry im not attacking the op but rather his brits attacking my rednecks and vise versa

edit on 27-1-2013 by GRS1234 because: im sorry i lost my manners this is ridiculous

edit on 27-1-2013 by GRS1234 because: (no reason given)

Just thought it was worth quoting in case anyone missed it.

I know we're all different and variety be the spice of life and that. When I said about singing from the same hymn sheet, I was more alluding to the fact that, for the most part, we all want things to improve for the better in some way, or at least I'd hope so. But it's naive to assume that all people think and feel this way...sadly there are people who don't want what's best for everyone - what can ya do, eh?

We'll never all want the same or think the same, I think the key word is tolerance, really. People get too uptight about what others believe, think or say.

I ain't angry about this response, it kinda made me giggle. The guy totally missed what I was trying to say and is a good example of the type of attitude I'm talking about. He's spot on, though...it's not my place, yeah - we're an ocean apart - he made a sound point...mars is a planet apart - we should but the hell out and leave it well alone.

Toleance ain't worth the stone it's carved on. I, personally, don't care who criticises my country or its politics...not that I was criticising or judging any other nation in any way, my thread was attacking - if anything - human nature, and if anyone needed an example of the type of attitude I was hinting at there it is right there.

I don't believe any hype, per se...nor are my bowler hat/redneck comments a "theory", those opinions were based on the mindless tit-for-tat bickering that seems to engulf any thread where UK/US patrons get caught up in the gun debate...read the threads and you'll see for yourself. The thread that started off about how UK citizens don't need guns and ended up a debate about how brits drink tea all day speaks volumes.

As a human being, you, me...all of us - are entitled to an opinion regarding any earthly issue, be it rooted in the states, UK or timbuktoo. Your response is as valid as anyones and is quite an interesting one at that, and I'm being sincere when I say that.

I'm well prepared to tolerate other people criticising my nation, its people and politics...if that tolerance rots and dies I'll go back to being defensive and attacking those who disagree with me, but in my current frame of mind I don't think that's a productive approach.

Certainly one of the more interesting responses in a thread that has many, many interesting responses...so I applaud you for it, thanks.

I enjoyed reading through this thread again, mostly amicable and lot's of sensible debate coming out of it, thanks everyone.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
And then this. Some days I think I am being turned against myself. I look in the mirror. Is that man me? I can't push through the mirror. His hands are always in the way. Think about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Blood types guys blood types. And parasites, That's what causes fights. Its not about the abolishment of rights. Every week its another issue another tissue. It never ends. So before you give in to the fat cat in the benz I want you all to realize whats meaningful in our lives, real eyes realize real lies. I can't protest because the people are hypnotized by a culture so synthesized to control our lives our thoughts and beliefs. No opposite view is going to turn over a leaf. So the awakened weep at the worlds grief plagued by famine and disease with people blaming their actions on a god their trying to please. I wish i could be more clear, but everyone's in fear. An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth soon our whole tride with be blind and aloof unable to chew the glue of ur wrong im right believe in god and chose. Why doesn't everyone just walk away? Its to hard when we've been bred to stay...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

well you know im right
my attitude is fueld toward the machine and the people fueling it ie my rednecks being rednecks and lol im sorry but w/e the f your brits do thats ignorent but yeah i might have tried to shoot the gun before i loaded it ill go back and check tomorrow lol but the tolerence thing for over seas politics is absolute bs in my opinion i dont believe in wars unless a nation attacks yours for a resource that is the only time its "justified" in my mind as far as war can be justified iv got nothing aginst any country for anything if the muslim like to treat thier women like # then so be it i understand that I AM under qualified to speak on such matters but yes we are being pit aginst one another and more important we are fueling it. i wasnt necessarily pointing my arguement at you like i said it was to the f,ers that are talking sh1t to one another over different countrys rights im in the same boat as you buddy, you know if you cant play nice go find someone els to play with right??? its really suprising and i know i cant spell lol oh well get over it
im tired

ps glad to make you laugh i was ranting and seems i still am lol ok ima turn it off now /endrant oh and also iv barely got enough tolerance for myself let alone others lol its why i spend most of my time in scripture and spiritual writings and not in politics also cause i think they are a crock of # hope you read this buddy wanted to clear some things up sorry for my ranting iv seen the bs on the gun threads between our ppl and it baffles me and makes me really annoyed i mean americans and brits comon this isnt the damn wars of the 1770s now as for a better place stuff ie gun control well you know thats a whole nother subject and carries demographics that i simply refuse to believe and is a domestic problem. sorry but we hang our people from a different type of tree then you guys do and it is what it is, you see gun control is really shaky ground and if you cant play nice well then you shouldnt play point ....blank....period i know i screwed the pooch with my rant on the subject of others ignorent rants but hey you know lol sue me

edit on 16-2-2013 by GRS1234 because: punctuation to an extent

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw
Blood types guys blood types. And parasites, That's what causes fights. Its not about the abolishment of rights. Every week its another issue another tissue. It never ends. So before you give in to the fat cat in the benz I want you all to realize whats meaningful in our lives, real eyes realize real lies. I can't protest because the people are hypnotized by a culture so synthesized to control our lives our thoughts and beliefs. No opposite view is going to turn over a leaf. So the awakened weep at the worlds grief plagued by famine and disease with people blaming their actions on a god their trying to please. I wish i could be more clear, but everyone's in fear. An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth soon our whole tride with be blind and aloof unable to chew the glue of ur wrong im right believe in god and chose. Why doesn't everyone just walk away? Its to hard when we've been bred to stay...

beautiful but it turns out the god ppl try to please is themselves not god they should learn to understand the bible but his is a very very very good poetic tune of current times i love the analogic break downs truely a work of art did you make it or quote it please let me know thanks

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GRS1234

You don't need to apologise or make any excuses for who you are or what you think and feel, if you're being sincere and true to yourself then that's all you can do.

It'd be highly hypocritical of me to state that tolerance is important then try and shoot you down for speaking or typing what's on your mind.

You offered something different to the thread, I just wanted to make sure more people read your reply. I might not agree with everything you said but it's as valid as mine or anyone elses and I genuinely appreciate your honesty...don't detect any malice or bad intentions from it, you're just being honest.

I meant what I said, it was from the heart and objective, nobody can berate or deride you for that, so thanks.

It's like someone else said in this thread...it's hard to change the life you've been bred to live, sorry if it felt like I was singling you out or challenging you. I agree that we're an ocean apart but I still care what happens across the pond.
edit on 16-2-2013 by samerulesapply because: Additional

edit on 16-2-2013 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think this (allegedly) anonymous video says it better than I did.

I'm really dubious when I watch anon. videos, it's too easy for people to make and upload a video, especially when said video is accompanied by adverts, like this one is.

Still, it's a just message and seems to tie in with this thread, so I thought it was worth including.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by GRS1234

i wrote it
im quite vivid sometimes. Tho i try to be as honest as possible and thank you. Im glad it resonated with some people.

I can be quite poetic, but to others its unsympathetic blown over and seen as pathetic. Militant types who want to enforce their own ethics and confuse my messages about genetics this is where the blood is. Where it flows through the crops of generations, we are mental patients caught in our own infection when one is caught up in which way is the right direction. People spin in circles like a farris wheel. Grinding their life work sleep drinking pills. Just to make ends meet to pay the bills. Its the hard cold truth like the cement were told to kiss, Would a blind man look up at a nazi and ask for forgiveness? Were all a witness, And the ones that block it out take drugs drink inebriated by bliss washed over by the governments. Importing exporting researching the peoples knowledge is expanding. And how long have we been demanding, for freedom for peace for honesty for truth to come freely as the streams should be clean. but they arn't they are polluted personified in the clouds sky, the acid rain burns. Will humanity learn? Its like the acid contracts and generates our greed for money and destruction. Takes a volcanic eruption to stop the gears of corruption, without people listening society can't function. we all end up scattered. Amongst the ruins.

Just felt like writing that for you haha.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by samerulesapply
reply to post by GRS1234

I agree that we're an ocean apart but I still care what happens across the pond.
edit on 16-2-2013 by samerulesapply because: Additional

edit on 16-2-2013 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

this part made me think GJ

gotta be careful not to hurt myself you know lol
nah i just wanted to add my two pennies the way you did without attempting to hurt someone and still deliver a harsh undertone. honestly i dont care what happens as long as it dosent put me and my family and nation in jeopardy you know cause my nation is good at that by itself
i think you got a globalist view (i dont mean in any way that it is imperialist) when im more secular i might be wrong.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bmmark

Religious superpowers get corrupted.
Business super giants get greedy.
Royalty becomes dictators.

There are humble faiths.
There are compassionate businesses.
There is altruistic monarchy.

I know every dynasty eventually becomes high on power. Could take one death, might take generations. All it takes is one to unite the people, but then the people need to follow thru. No blood line will ever stay untainted. Ever. Then we have the greys manipulators... I'm not getting into that though (laugh out loud.)

Must of been *cough* ... what I'm trying to say is that even though every society eventually develops power struggles, there are generations that try to do good, therefore if it were possible to assemble a beneficent "dream team," then this said team would have until their enevitable demise to perminently convince the majority of the population to continue their legacy so no future team will have the opportunity fall prey to the, in my opinion, poisonous curruption brought upon by the unavoidable weak minded dynistic inheritees.

Basically the 99% would need to lead themselves after all is said and done.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join