It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear British people, wake up!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heisenberg59
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

You're not getting it are you? That wasn't the question asked.

The question was, what happens when a King decides "to hell with law" and wants his true crown back? Who stops him?

Probably the same thing that happened to King Charles the first.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

Because this thread isn't about gun control? I don't know man, I just wrote up a thread speaking my mind.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'd be more inclined to worry about the amount of Muslims living in Britain, than
any power grab by our trusted and wonderful Royal family.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

reply to post by commencalrider

The point I tried to make here is that keeping royalty around because you like having them is like keeping a lion on a lease in the backyard. He's such a cute little kitty until he bites your arm off.

I think that if the monarchy really wanted it's power back, they have the funds to do so be it through mercenary strength or your own military. And if you can really walk down the street and purchase a firearm in the UK, how has gun control been a success? The criminals are obviously still armed.

Well, for a start it's been almost 20 years since a nutter walked into a school and slaughted a bunch of children, so I'd say that yes, gun control in this country has been a massive success.
Secondly, the monarchy has no control over the Armed Forces. None, zip, zilch, nada. Oh and no control over the levers of power. Parliament has power.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Heisenberg59

Why do you keep refering to the citizens of the UK as 'disarmed'? We are not disarmed. It is perfectly legal to own a firearm in the UK providing you don't have a criminal record. And I wouldn't worry too much about Charlie, he's basically an aged hippy/organic farmer

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
I'd be more inclined to worry about the amount of Muslims living in Britain, than
any power grab by our trusted and wonderful Royal family.

Probably right. By comparison. Especially given that MI6 was so happy to give those with extremist sympathies immunity...up until it began biting them on arse

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh

reply to post by AngryCymraeg

You're not getting it are you? That wasn't the question asked.

The question was, what happens when a King decides "to hell with law" and wants his true crown back? Who stops him?

Probably the same thing that happened to King Charles the first.

Our greatest achievement!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I don’t think it is correct to say the monarchy have no power.

Being on the throne they ensure we are subjects and not citizens. We imbue them with power because we somehow feel inferior to them.

Blairs promise to change the House of Lords by appointing people like nurses, caretakers. Normal people that have given service above and beyond yet all we see is the same old landed gentry, Ex politicians, lawyers and businessmen. We are told there is no class system but have daily examples that it is alive and well

We will never shed the feudal class system all the time there is someone on the throne.

To say it is our tradition is blinkered but to take it for granted the alternative would be any better when there is no proof to show that is just as foolhardy.

What’s the alternative? A president? That does not look that attractive to me when I look across the pond and see what the USA have had over the years.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Time to stop this silliness!

Some facts about the Royals.

1. They have laser-beams that shoot out of their eyes.
2. They don't actually breathe air. That's why they always look like someone is waving a very tiny piece of poo under their nose.
3. Chuck Norris has a truce with them.
4. Every 7 years, the males have a ritual called Pon farr that allows them to mate.
5. The royals don't actually exist. It's just one guy (named Carl) who dresses up as one of them for occasions and such.

I hope that cleared things up.

Carry on.

edit on 26-1-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

reply to post by commencalrider

The point I tried to make here is that keeping royalty around because you like having them is like keeping a lion on a lease in the backyard. He's such a cute little kitty until he bites your arm off.

I think that if the monarchy really wanted it's power back, they have the funds to do so be it through mercenary strength or your own military. And if you can really walk down the street and purchase a firearm in the UK, how has gun control been a success? The criminals are obviously still armed.

A mercenary force would have to be the way they carried it out. I believe that although a small section of our military would back a Monarchy take back of power, the majority of squadies would not. As for the success of gun control, you really should not listen to the B/S that people like Piers Morgan rambles on with about the U.K. not having guns or gun crime. In any town or city in this country it is not hard to get hold of an illegal firearm if you want one and have a few pounds in your pocket. I live in a city of 400,000 people and shooting incidents are common place events.

shooting incidents since 2011 map

Merseyside "guns for hire" gang jailed

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

reply to post by KilgoreTrout

To a certain point, we do still have freedom and control. The problem America has is that it refuses to wake up to the corruption that plague her Government. But really it's been this way since 1913 when the Federal Reserve act passed. John F. Kennedy was our last President. We haven't had once since. Americans refuse to accept reality.

and yet for all the time that has passed since then, and all the guns in your nation, what has been done about it? it still does not look like guns are protecting you from tyranny

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Especially given, that when we had a Republic, what a tosser Cromwell turned out to be, selling the country, and those that fought alongside him, out to the Capitalists.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla

reply to post by KilgoreTrout

To a certain point, we do still have freedom and control. The problem America has is that it refuses to wake up to the corruption that plague her Government. But really it's been this way since 1913 when the Federal Reserve act passed. John F. Kennedy was our last President. We haven't had once since. Americans refuse to accept reality.

and yet for all the time that has passed since then, and all the guns in your nation, what has been done about it? it still does not look like guns are protecting you from tyranny

Because nobody wants a revolution. Nobody wants a civil war. We all know what the cost is if such a thing would happen. And most of us know that our Government is corrupt. That our Government is overreaching. And that there are multiple people as of this minute that could be convicted of treason. The point is, revolt is our last option reserved for when we're backed into a corner. The fact that we're still able if need to be is the point here.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Time to stop this silliness!

Some facts about the Royals.

1. They have laser-beams that shoot out of their eyes.
2. They don't actually breathe air. That's why they always look like someone is waving a very tiny piece of poo under their nose.
3. Chuck Norris has a truce with them.
4. Every 7 years, the males have a ritual called Pon farr that allows them to mate.
5. The royals don't actually exist. It's just one guy (named Carl) who dresses up as one of them for occasions and such.

I hope that cleared things up.

Carry on.

edit on 26-1-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

gah! dont be ridiculous, liz, phil the greek,charlie, wills, harry and the top corgie can combine into a mega-zord. end of. the rest is just gravy

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by skalla

Good point, seems that the US are afraid, even, if not especially, in their own homes. That seems to be why they have guns, not in order to stand up against the government which continues to shove it up where the sun don't shine with ever increasing degrees.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

as are we, so where does this thread go next?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
You know, I honestly want to see what would happen if Charles became King. That would be some good reality TV right there. You could put a camera in there and film it like Osbournes!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Well we obviously need to get an agent for Charles to set up his reality TV show for when he becomes King

You can call it "descent into madness".

link   

in all honesty, he would shuffle and mumble just like ozzy, just he'd talk to his carrots and parsnips, not moan at the telly.

and at the most, i reckon charles would be king just long enough to get on the records before handing it over.

edit on 26-1-2013 by skalla because: succession to the throne biz

link   

You know, I honestly want to see what would happen if Charles became King. That would be some good reality TV right there. You could put a camera in there and film it like Osbournes!

I think it would consist of lots of scenes of a stony-faced PM telling the tosser not to be such a prat.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join