It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo: The Milky Way Over Mount Rainier

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

Two Thumbs Waaay Up for Grandpa:-)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So lovely. Thank-you for sharing. ^_^

oddpenguin

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It's so fine even Dung Beetles appreciate it...
bbc

They may be down in the dirt but it seems dung beetles also have their eyes on the stars.

Scientists have shown how the insects will use the Milky Way to orientate themselves as they roll their balls of muck along the ground.

Humans, birds and seals are all known to navigate by the stars. But this could be the first example of an insect doing so.

The study by Marie Dacke is reported in the journal Current Biology.

"The dung beetles are not necessarily rolling with the Milky Way or 90 degrees to it; they can go at any angle to this band of light in the sky. They use it as a reference," the Lund University, Sweden, researcher told BBC News.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I have been blogging about this same topic for nearly 2 years now, - what I have always believed is that it needs time to work to be able to overcome in this particular thing. But when I read your post, I was really amazed that there are many ways to go about it and acquire and even much better final results. Maybe that is why I've not really had a great number of loyal readers. I ought to have consulted your website first before starting my very own. click here to know more about clipping path.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
makes us feel very small seeing the cosmos up there.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The photo is awesome, but so was this:

I thought the image was striking - one can see how the heavens could have such a profound impact on our hunter-gatherer ancestors. We lose sight of the world around us when we're holed up in our cities with our faces glued to the TV or computer screens.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join