It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Amnesty and Push for More Temp Workers Final Nail in Coffin of GOP and America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I don't think Obama was kidding when he said he was going to crush the GOP.

At a time the GOP finds itself with a split party, disenfranchised and ignored Libertarians, and so many Americans are out of work, the immigration pushes Obama has revived as of a meeting Friday are a clear intent to move in for the kill.

President Barack Obama will launch a campaign next week aimed at overhauling the nation's flawed immigration system and creating legal status for millions, as a bipartisan Senate group nears agreement on achieving the same goals.

hosted.ap.org...

Those principles are expected to include a process toward legalizing the status of unauthorized immigrants already in the country; border security; verification measures for employers hiring workers and ways for more temporary workers to be admitted into the country.

Ways for more temporary workers to be admitted into the country? Really?

LIKE THERE AREN'T ALREADY ENOUGH???

I mean wtf is this guy, crazy? Here we have every massive corporation already outsourcing jobs overseas, and killing manufacturing here- but no, that's not good enough, is it. We already have some 15 million illegal immigrants here or far more according to some estimates, but no, that's not good enough, is it.

And these new proposals are calling for retrospective taxes on the ones that do get legalized, giving the Emperor and his Regime even more money for implementing his communist programs, like sending 100,000 students to communist China to study- a program that was being payed for by US taxpayers, but now supposedly is going to be handled by corporate donation funding. Uh huh. Who do you think you're kidding?

If the previous numbers of 70% in this story bear out, then approximately 70 out of 100 of every illegal that gains citizenship will be a direct gain for the Democrats. And I'll bet that will be more like 90%, seeing as they will owe their new found citizenship to these programs.

Yeah, you go ahead, you Republicans in congress, and let these measures pass, and it will kill what's left of your party deader than an innocent Afghan kid from a drone strike. Not to mention make life even harder for what's left of the average American worker. If there's anything left at all.

This country is screwed. But we all know that's not news. Dear Asteroid, would you please just strike and end this madness? I'd be happy to go down if I can watch them all go with me. I mean wtf. Amerika. Change. Yeah right. BS is what it is.
edit on Sat Jan 26th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The GOP has been going bugnuts crazy for years now. If they keep rowing to the right and throwing the moderates overboard then they're just going to end up as a shrunken husk supported by nutcases.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Immigration Reform has been happening ever since the inception of this country. The laws have changed and continue to change. It's nothing to be afraid of, although many on the right would like for you to think it is.

History of US Immigration Laws: 1821 - 2006

Outlined below are thumbnail sketches of immigration-related legislation adopted between 1790 and 1990.

I must have missed where Obama said he was going to crush the GOP, but I've got news: The GOP leadership are not the victims you'd like to make them out to be. They are out of touch with the people they supposedly represent, and if they go down, it will be solely because of their actions on certain issues and their absolute cluelessness about the people and their beliefs and desires.

If this last election told us ANYTHING, it made clear how out of touch the GOP are with the vast majority of the population. You can blame Obama all you want for the fall of the GOP, but they brought that 'crap' on themselves.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The immigration system in this country is broken and needs to be fixed. It's really up to the Republicans. They can shift to the center and support a comprehensive program that will provide a path for legalization for the millions already here with families, or they can shift farther to the right and they can alienate themselves even more.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
The immigration system in this country is broken and needs to be fixed. It's really up to the Republicans. They can shift to the center and support a comprehensive program that will provide a path for legalization for the millions already here with families, or they can shift farther to the right and they can alienate themselves even more.

To play Devil's advocate here:

Why shouldn't the left shift more to the center and realize that the system is overburdened and allowing people who have willfully broken the law remain and benefit from the system?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Obama isn't the one who sent the jobs overseas that started long before he even took office that is something you can pin on the GOP thanks to them giving tax breaks to companies that moved jobs overseas. Obama even offered a tax break to companies that moved jobs back to America and the Republicans even killed that.

If People want to complain about the illegals then complain about the biggest coyote himself President Ronald Reagan. Let's not forget he gave amnesty to the illegals. How many people can look back in their family history and find they came into this country illegally. This pic says it best.

Also blame the people that give them the jobs if they were willing to pay a decent wage they could have an American working for them but they want to go the cheap route to get the most profit. There is a difference between being profitable and being outright greedy. When Americans are paid a decent wage we are the best workforce in the world. You can tell this by foreign countries that willing to open up companies here in America. Companies like Toyota. The problem is the Americans that own the companies are just too damn greedy.

edit on 26-1-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

To play Devil's advocate here:

Why shouldn't the left shift more to the center and realize that the system is overburdened and allowing people who have willfully broken the law remain and benefit from the system?

Politics.

Obama won the White House primarily because of overwhelming support from minorities.

The Republicans have been playing this little game for quite a few years now and it has backfired on them big time.

While I do agree that these people have broken the law, I do think that they should be given a chance to legalize their status, pay a fine and show proof that they can be a contributing member of society.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Obama isn't the one who sent the jobs overseas that started long before he even took office that is something you can pin on the GOP thanks to them giving tax breaks to companies that moved jobs overseas. Obama even offered a tax break to companies that moved jobs back to America and the Republicans even killed that.

If People want to complain about the illegals then complain about the biggest coyote himself President Ronald Reagan. Let's not forget he gave amnesty to the illegals. How many people can look back in their family history and find they came into this country illegally. This pic says it best.

Also blame the people that give them the jobs if they were willing to pay a decent wage they could have an American working for them but they want to go the cheap route to get the most profit. There is a difference between being profitable and being outright greedy. When Americans are paid a decent wage we are the best workforce in the world. You can tell this by foreign countries that willing to open up companies here in America. Companies like Toyota. The problem is the Americans that own the companies are just too damn greedy.

edit on 26-1-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

most people here screaming "They tukk er jerbs!" think they are entitled to a job.

They don't realize that in capitalism the person willing to do the same job for less money automatically gets the job.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The Republicans will start showcaseing their Hispanic candidates, either at the top of the ticket or at the VP level. They have big plans for Florida Sen Rubio, Texas Sen. Cruiz. Split the Hispanic vote and the party is back in business on the national level. There are plenty of good Hispanic conservatives out there already in office in Texas and Florida and coming to a state near you.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

What does this have to do with temporary workers or immigration? I am failing to see that.

If People want to complain about the illegals then complain about the biggest coyote himself President Ronald Reagan. Let's not forget he gave amnesty to the illegals.

Quite true, under the guise that reform would be handled by Congress; which it failed to do. I am not excusing his actions,but Congress has dropped the ball for 30 years now in terms of immigration reform. Call it the original "kick-the-bucket mentality".

How many people can look back in their family history and find they came into this country illegally.

Legality would be a more "modern" concept in your terms. Are we all supposed to feel guilty because of that though? Maybe I should since I am a Son of the Mayflower (Priscilla Mullins). What my ancestors did is not what we are today and while I regret such actions, there isn't much we can do now can we? The land was conquered, move on and deal with today.

Also blame the people that give them the jobs if they were willing to pay a decent wage they could have an American working for them but they want to go the cheap route to get the most profit.

Partially true. While some jobs have become "too low" for Americans, they suffered in what they were worth. Skilled workers denied them and it drove the price lower. Americans just don't want to work those jobs. Don't believe me? Go to any city and take a survey asking the unemployed why they haven't even tried for a job in the field.....

There is a difference between being profitable and being outright greedy. When Americans are paid a decent wage we are the best workforce in the world.
You have much to learn as you grow up.
edit on 26-1-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

They don't realize that in capitalism the person willing to do the same job for less money automatically gets the job.

Then why are they complaining about the illegals in this country. They are the cause of it they know it so they should stop complaining about it.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Politics.

True and both sides have played us for the fool.

The Republicans have been playing this little game for quite a few years now and it has backfired on them big time.

I want to gain your understanding of this situation....how long have the republicans been playing this game? Curious because it was a Republican president who gave blanket amnesty in return of immigration reform (only for it to never happen)....I am not saying one party has a better position here (they are both equally just playing politics in my opinion), but you cannot levy blame on one while turning the cheek on the other.

While I do agree that these people have broken the law, I do think that they should be given a chance to legalize their status, pay a fine and show proof that they can be a contributing member of society.

Agreed...but honestly...do you think that the Democrats (or even Republicans that want votes) will force a fine on immigrants that broke the law? Please tell me you are not that naive.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by nfflhome

It's cute that Republicans think they can initiate legislation against immigration, send jobs overseas, take a public stance against immigrants and then all they have to do is put forth a few "tokens" and it will solve their problems.
People aren't that gullible.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
It's cute that Republicans think they can initiate legislation against immigration, send jobs overseas, take a public stance against immigrants and then all they have to do is put forth a few "tokens" and it will solve their problems.
People aren't that gullible.

It is "cute" either way; put a label on the party to blame it happens on both sides of the aisle. Free Trade Agreement during the Clinton Administration did the same thing. So you are right, people are not that gullible to such partisan views (at least those who have an ounce of self-responsibility).

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Reread the op.

I mean wtf is this guy, crazy? Here we have every massive corporation already outsourcing jobs overseas, and killing manufacturing here- but no, that's not good enough, is it. We already have some 15 million illegal immigrants here or far more according to some estimates, but no, that's not good enough, is it.

That is what it referenced to.

Are we all supposed to feel guilty because of that though? Maybe I should since I am a Son of the Mayflower (Priscilla Mullins). What my ancestors did is not what we are today and while I regret such actions, there isn't much we can do now can we? The land was conquered, move on and deal with today.

Then why are these descendants complaining about people who are entering into the country the same way today? Does being here for generations give a person the right to deny someone for taking the same chance?

Partially true. While some jobs have become "too low" for Americans, they suffered in what they were worth. Skilled workers denied them and it drove the price lower. Americans just don't want to work those jobs. Don't believe me? Go to any city and take a survey asking the unemployed why they haven't even tried for a job in the field.....

And they will tell you the jobs that they worked are the ones that went overseas. You must have missed that part.

You have much to learn as you grow up.

Not everyone grows up with the love of money.

A dreadful thing is the love of money! It disables both eyes and ears, and makes men worse to deal with than a wild beast, allowing a man to consider neither conscience nor friendship nor fellowship nor salvation.
John Chrysostom

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
And the GOP continues to pound nails into their OWN coffin, as Eight Republican Legislators in Arizona move to make an Oath of Allegiance mandatory for High School Graduation in the state.

The GOP is killing themselves, not Obama.

edit on 1/26/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: fixed link

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I agree. I am responding to the topic of this thread. And I am not a Democrat, nor do I support either party. I support ideas, people and issues.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I see you cherry-picked this one and also applied subjective logic to it as well. While President Obama is surely not the president who initiated most of the policies that have driven many companies to seek elsewhere for their manufacturing base, he definitely isn't the savior of that sector. His policies still give tax-breaks and newer policies drive companies away because of increased costs in the form of taxes.

My family entered under whatever laws were relevant during that time period. If the policy was open because the United States wanted more farmers, then so be it. If the policy was for them to be of good health and character, so be it. If the policy is that they must go through a process such as what we have today, then so be it. What most people do not agree with is those who ignore those laws and just come here to take advantage of the system we so enjoy.

From me, you will never see me discourage immigration (regardless of what country it is) but I also adhere to the rule of law. As of now, the People of this nation and the laws of Congress have established rules for those wanting to become citizens. Some of those that enter this country willfully and with refuge of politicians (I don't care if they have a D or an R behind their name; they both do it for political gain) they do so illegally and without regard.

And they will tell you the jobs that they worked are the ones that went overseas. You must have missed that part.

All of them? All of those on unemployment were faced with a loss of a job because some corporation sent them overseas? I get it; you hate corporations -- you should hate me too because I am a corporation (for legal reasons). Lets take this survey further; go as a farm owner, a meat-packer, a hotel manager -- "how many American's apply for these jobs?" The answer? We don't. They are beneath us and we consider our worth ( or at least our skills, to be worth more than what is offered).

Not everyone grows up with the love of money.

I want to be clear here and get your view; are you suggesting that because I oppose your views I must "love money"?

A dreadful thing is the love of money! It disables both eyes and ears, and makes men worse to deal with than a wild beast, allowing a man to consider neither conscience nor friendship nor fellowship nor salvation.
Money itself is not the root of all evil but that which handles it.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I didn't intend my comment to be so poignant or directed towards you. I was merely pointing out how you have conveniently singled out Republicans....

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

This thread is ABOUT the GOP. I'm addressing the OP's claims. I didn't think you were aiming anything at me.
I was just giving you my view of the Democratic Party for information purposes.

top topics

join