It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks! Tanks! Rolling down the street la la la...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Eugene Police Illegally Raid Homes with Tank; Prompts Federal Lawsuit

The victims of an egregiously false police raid, and their attorneys, announce an impending lawsuit against the Oregon State Police, Lane County Sheriff, Eugene and Springfield Police Departments, Portland Police Bureau, Oregon National Guard and others. In the pre-dawn of October 17, 2002, approximately 50 police officers from these agencies swarmed a residential neighborhood in Eugene, Oregon, USA, armed with automatic assault rifles and accompanied by a National Guard military Light Armored Vehicle, which looks like a tank. Police claimed to be searching for a marijuana growing operation within three homes.

>>> EDIT

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   

One of these babies

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
lol I am moving to Eugene, OR.

So I shouldn't act like I am growing weed in my house

VzH

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Two couples, Marcella Monroe/Tam Davage, and Elizabeth Redetzke/Jor Havens were awakened by �flash-bang� grenades being hurled into the back yards of their homes located in a densely populated residential neighborhood, which caused immense explosions that shook the windows of surrounding homes. Without knocking, masked and armored SWAT police smashed in the doors of three residences. Police forced the residents from their beds without clothing and placed a black hood over the head of one of the women, while police ransacked their homes for hours.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
This article should be e-mailed to every person who believes that Fascism is not on the rise in this country.
The Waffen SS, SA, and the Gestopo would have been proud of the Eugene, Oregon PD.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Fascism, communism, I don't think either term is accurate as it causes some to have politics spring to mind.
Tyranny is a better word for it. That is a word the Founding Fathers understood well, and every American needs to understand.

On kind of the same note, does anyone else remember the scene a few years ago when the Night Stalkers used a small town in Texas as an early morning training area in which a gas staion was torn up by a 'hawk hitting it, and some more dammage that I can't recall, and it all scaring the daylights out of the townsfolk?

The then Governor Bush said that it was a matter between the town and the feds and the state had no interest in it?

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Never heard about that Thomas, doesnt surprise me, I find that things that dont get reported in the news either disappear completely from memory or ignored and treated like it never happened.

Speaking of disappearing news, I can think of two stories that completely dropped not only from the media, but the memories of the people. They were not little tidbits, either, but major headlines at one time.

1. Remeber back in like 89, a stroy about a chinese ginger root relative that had cured AIDS in a couple of people? I remeber it clearly, that a couple peopel risked the dangerous treatment, some died, but most who tried, tho they got sick, were cured of AIDS. then suddenly, the story drops from the news, like it enver happened at all, not a mention of it anywhere. I get blank looks from people.

2. the disappearance of that Mars probe back in 94 or so. Major probe disappears near MARS, and it gets dropped from emntion anywhere, and u ask people if they remeber, they dont!

This crap remonds me so much of 1984...... We are at war with Eurasia! We have always been at war with Eurasia! We are allied with Eastasia! it has always been like this! Anyone who dares to think that just last week it was Eastasia we warred with will be a thought criminal.

Is this the beginning?

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Well you want to talk about a manipulated news media,
how many of you know anything about Stogner v. California (Supreme Court case) which will have a huge impact on criminal law.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 02:40 AM
link   
i dunno, gimmie the highlights of the case, ill tell u if i heard anything of it..............

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Stogner v. California is a case it determine if a law which retroactively changes the statue of limitations is a violation of the ex post facto clause. In 1994 (I believe), the state of California change the law concerning child sexual abuse changing the statue of limitations this change could be retroactively applied in certain conditions. Stogner was arrested and convicted for sexual contact with his children (the last contact was before 1970). The Supreme Court of California ruled that such a law was not a violation of Ex Post Facto and now its being argued before the Supreme Court.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Well in this day and age in America the average cop is almost always outgunned. The only problem I see with using an AFV in this case is that it was a false raid. This type of protection is needed to provide some sort of advantage.
Although, I here light anti-tank weapons aren't all that hard to procure in some states.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Estragon well remembers the Kingsville incident, Thomas:
�Eight black helicopters roared into town�. one nearly crashing as it hit the top of a telephone pole and started a fire near a residence. The soldiers� staged a mock raid on two empty buildings� real explosives and live ammunition in machine guns. The two-hour gun battle�. Residents�officials furious -- and some scared to death�..� ( if you must Ctrl+V cyber-chums: short and edited: Thus Spake Estrathustra)

Gory details here, O fellow-victims of teh State
www.garynorth.com...

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The context within which to place the incident to which Thos referred is, of course, Waco.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Anti tank weapons are easy to procure anywhere there is a military base. Montana you can get several, as can idaho. Even in washington, you can get some too.

Looks like youll need it, if this # keeps up.

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberator

One of these babies

That is a BTR-70 or an BTR-60, I'm going with 70. Cause the 60 don't have the access door between 2d and 3d axels. I might be wrong but doubt it.
Mostly used by USSR and warsaw pact. The 14.5 mm machine gun is pretty dangerous, reaching out to 2000M. Personally I would rather be on foot, not as big a target. Quieter also!

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberator
Police claimed to be searching for a marijuana growing operation within three homes.

Hopefully, it " just " was marijuana and not coc aine or heroine.Otherwise they weren't using a light-tank, but probably a B-52 or a B-2 + some Abrams and some AH-64 too.

The cops are dangerous in Oregon.

top topics

join