It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

should i sell my AR?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
DPMS AR 15 I bought for about $675 six years ago along with about 1000 rounds and eight 30rd mags.

$2250, what do y'all think? Close to $1000 profit. I really like the gun but hard not to take advantage of the market.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Do the original reasons you bought the gun no longer stand?

Is the extra money you would make worth the lack of whatever benefits the gun has provided you?

Is there something especially important you need the money for?

Answering these yourself would help you with this decision.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

Could you post us a picture?
id really appreciate it, I'm fascinated in all types of guns, back home in America my family has a few AR & other types... I'd sell it during this time as it is at good value in the market.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Yes.
Then take that money and buy an AK

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
you better keep it while you can, you might not ever get to buy one again if you sell it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulshn
DPMS AR 15 I bought for about $675 six years ago along with about 1000 rounds and eight 30rd mags.

$2250, what do y'all think? Close to $1000 profit. I really like the gun but hard not to take advantage of the market.

Yes sell it to me for $2k
:-)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Considering there aren't any AR's under 3000 to be found I'd say you are giving it away I'd keep it you won't be able to pick up another without spending considerably more the price is up 60% here in Missouri and ammo about the same

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JonPrice

imgur.com...

I'm thinking the same thing in regards to the market.
edit on 1/26/13 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

You really think so? I see no way they are going to ban these any time soon and once the supply catches back up in six months I can buy another one for $700 again.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

reply to post by dc4lifeskater

You really think so? I see no way they are going to ban these any time soon and once the supply catches back up in six months I can buy another one for $700 again.

I dont think you will ever see the price go that low again. It's like everything else once it goes up it stays there. If it does drop it wont be for a longtime. Unless you were hard up for cash I'd hold on to it if it was me.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

I would recommend having a friend who is a gunsmith. Sell your current AR for the 2250 or 3k and have your new found friend build you an AR or AK variant for a "reasonable" cost. This wouldn't set you back any where close what you sold your rifle for and you still get to make a profit.

The reason I say to have a friend build you one is two fold. the possibility of getting one that is not traceable through any database and there is a good probability that the gun grabbers will try to get a permanent ban on all Assault Rifles or rather their definition of one.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

Beauty! I'd probably sell it to gain profit you might come by another set for cheaper.. not like you will need it urgently anytime soon... or maybe?

S&F

link   
reply to post by soulshn

You will definantly make quite a profit. Id personally try to sell it for $3,000 minimum (and that's just the rifle itself, not the ammo and mags you are including). In my area, there's no AR's or AK's or anything like that left. (I only know 1 dude that has an AR for sale, and he's asking $3,000). There's barely and handguns left now to. Id say take it to the next gun show in your area, slap a $5,000 price tag on it, and also add in an "Open to negotiations" sentence or something next to the tag. $5,000 is a stupid rediculous price, but with the way the panic buying has become, I think some people might actually buy it for that price. If someone asks you about the price, and negotiations ensue, you may be able to sell it to them for a bit more than $2,250, or you may be able to sell it to them for that price and also get a few extra things on the side.
edit on 26-1-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

link   
watched the news lately? this gun and many others are about to be banned in allot of places if you can get one you will NEVER again get one for under $1000 and you may have to pay a high fee to get licensed to even buy one like they do for actual full auto assault weapons that you can buy.

And those mags if nothing else will DEF be getting banned..

They are going to push these laws right down your throat and there is nothing you can do it about it sadly.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

Times have changed in just a couple short months and it'll be four years before serious chances come again for a change back to what it was. You may very well not get another chance. However, you have to ask yourself things only you can answer.

Do you have other weapons that can serve the same purpose? (Is it necessary or simply desired?)

Do you foresee a real NEED for it? (I.E. outside of 'revolution' or 'civil war'....like animal control or high crime issues?)

Do you need that money for something critical like making mortgage or is it just a desire to cash the profit margin?

On the later? I wouldn't sell if I were sitting comfortable on money and it was just a profit margin cash out. They're only going to become more valuable as time goes on and more states like New York outlaw them to one degree or another ...Federal action aside.

The Feds will do it if they can and if 2014 gives Obama a clear deck on Congress being all Dem? Well, you'll see the ban come as almost it's first order of business in the new session, I'd be willing to bet.

Now....if revolt, unrest or civil war happens? Well... I think back to the words of the crusty old Master Sergeant in 'We were soldiers...'. When Gibson's character asked him if he was sure he didn't want an M-16, his reply was 'If it comes to that, there will be plenty of them laying around'. Indeed... I imagine there will be, too.

I'd never ..ever...give it up if it's your only good rifle though. No price is enough to be unarmed entirely for the uncertain future we're entering, IMO.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
i'd keep it.

could become priceless at any time in the near future.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
You can also look around on the web and see what others are selling their DPMS AR's for. Here's a few Ive found.

www.armslist.com...

They're asking $3,500, and have some mags and ammo, but nothing near to what you have.

www.armslist.com...

Asking $2,000, and their extra again dont compare to yours.

www.gunbroker.com...

Asking nearly $6,000 for 2. No extras.

I still say, ask a rediculous price and see if anyone will actually pay that much.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Sure, go for it. If the ban doesn't pass, and they come back in at lower prices, you win!
I don't think the ban will pass.

Any other questions?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Keep it.

Anyway, this made me realize, how will you keep guns out of the hands of criminals? There is no way period

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I would hold out a bit. The price will go back down as soon as the right rises again. But until then just wait, who knows there may be another mass shooting which might spark even more gun legal battles.
But personally I would not go the cheaperthandirt.com route.

edit on 26-1-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join