It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A spiritual experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
We all have our version of what we believe to be truth, and many of us believe that the truth is kept from us, in secret. The truth I refer to, is the great truth of who we are. Of what we are. The truth behind all religions, the truth behind all the questions you've ever asked. The truth is not in the physical world, instead, it is esoteric. I know many of you are already jumping on the new age mumbo jumbo excuse. But that is not the case. This is not new age, old age, or any age, this is the fundamental truth of all that is. It doesn't matter what religion you believe in, or what race you are. The real truth is not a secret.

The esoteric secrets of the world were never a secret. There never has been a secret, of any kind.

What it is, is not a secret, instead, its there for those who seek it.

Most of the population does not seek, so they do not find. When you do not seek, all you have is what you are told, faith and belief.

None of these things will ever answer the questions you have. They will just solidify a certain contentment in you that will always come back with more questions. Many get attached to their beliefs so hard that they can't break their beliefs even when they are known to be wrong. That is the problem of the world today.

It has become a physical world, that is run by ego. We don't believe anything outside of the 5 physical senses. If we can't see it, or hear it, taste it or touch it, measure it or weigh it, it doesn't exist.

But that is what you are told, its not what you have experienced. The things you are told, are taken as truth, but we all know that you can't learn to ride a bike by being told how to ride it. You can only really learn how to ride that bike, by actually getting on it, and riding. So no matter how many books you want to write on riding a bike, it will never be the truth, because you've never ridden a bike. That is what religion has turned into on this planet. All these people believing in their religion of choice. Believing what they are told, not what they have experienced.

All the major religions teach the same lessons. Those lessons have been misinterpreted, taken out of context, and completely confused the real lesson. So the people of the world, are confused, and we argue over dogma, because each person interprets it a little differently. Then we argue with other religions and so on an so forth, and the confusion spreads around the globe like a wild fire, and suddenly truth, has become so obscure, so detached from the scriptures, that its hopeless to bother with.

That is what has happened. But the truth still exists. And we call it a secret. The ancient mysteries and so on.... But its not so much a secret, as it is seeing through all the dogma.

The esoteric schools of the world aren't about scriptures. They are about experiencing what those scriptures are really saying.

When you realize that the bible, and all the other religious documents out there, are really refering to the human body, things start to become much clearer. All of the religious documents are literally a guide, an instruction manual, on how to use the human body. They explain in clear detail what is right and what is wrong. Everything evil, is the giving into desire, giving into the 5 senses, what is known as the ego. The ego, is satan, the ego is the devil, it is the mark of the beast. The ego is what separates humans from realizing their divinity.

When you strip everything you believe yourself to be, all your passions, all your hobbies, all your desires, all your material possessions, all your identification..... You are left with just you. When you are naked, you have no identity. Unless you look within. By going within, and letting go of everything you believe to be you, you will discover something incredible. You will discover who you are. You will discover the oneness of all creation and the energy that permeates the entire physical world. It cannot be seen or heard, tasted or touched, measured or weighed. But you find that it is the undeniable, impossible to debunk, truth.

I can prove this to you, without you having to put in much effort. It will only take about 30 seconds of your time, and you can do it while sitting down, in the chair you're in right now. What it will show you, is that the physical world is not all that it seems to be. This is only a taste of what you can accomplish, if you decide to seek it further. It goes much much deeper. This is what you do.

Take your hands, and put them in front of you. Place your left hand, palm facing you, and your right hand palm facing away from you. Your fingers do not have to be straight, they can be bent slightly. Now move your palms, so they are facing each other, about 3-5 inches apart. So you should have your left hand palm facing you, right hand palm away from you, about 4 inches apart. All you have to do, is close your eyes, and concentrate on the sensations in your palms. After 10 - 30 seconds, you should feel something. If you do not, move your right hand slightly in a circular motion, and see if you notice anything strange. I will not tell you what you will experience, because everyone experiences something different. When you have done this, post what you experienced. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
sirE tells me that waving your hands in the air is as good as any way to find the truth. To capture somekind of harmonic peace of the soul and accend into dizzy hights of enlightenment. A natural kind of high no doubt, and connecting to all things as a unity.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'm droning on to begin with because the guidelines state no one liners as replies.
This is my way of beefing my reply up to stick with guidelines.
My message to you, OP, is in fact very brief:
Thanks for your post, be in joy :-)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I felt a fairly significant pulsing energy in my hands. Interesting! Have done energy work with palms facing towards each other but have not ever gotten this much of a sensation. So what is it - power of suggestion?

edit on 25-1-2013 by 1007532013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
That was...odd. My palms felt as if they were heating up. To the point that my left palm felt as if it were burning a bit. And when I moved my right hand in a slightly circular motion, it felt as if something stirred with its motions on my left palm.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Both palms get hot.
When I moved them in circles, the left palm tickled.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Why do people have to make spirituality so complicated?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Sometimes I think truth and our lives are all illusions.

I did the palm thing. My right hands fingers bent downwards toward my left hand without me doing it.

I did this twice, and had the same results. My right hands fingers bent by themselves downward.
Interesting.
edit on 25-1-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Why do people have to make spirituality so complicated?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Thank you for all who participated in the little experiment. I realize threads like these don't get much attention, so its nice that a few read it and tried it.

What you experienced was energy moving throughout your hands. Its energy from your own aura. This energy surrounds you. It's a way of directly experiencing the energy of your being, without having to practice meditation. Many reiki healers use the same energy, just in more depth for healing all sorts of things in the body. They can focus their palms on chakra points and balance them. This has major health benefits.

I am hoping with this experiment that it will open people's eyes to the fact that there is so much more to life than just the physical. We are spiritual beings, having a human experience, and there is the proof!

The most common sensations that people feel, are the following

attracting or repelling, which gets stronger the more you let go (concentrate)

Heat

Wind

Cold

Tingling

Itching

Light pain

Intense pulsing

A taffy like feeling between the hands

A light static electricity feeling

There are other sensations, maybe muscle spasms in the fingers and so on.

The energy is different for everyone, because everyone is balanced differently. But there it is people, proof of spirituality, proof that energy exists, and proof that we can control it if we learn how.

I think that speaks more than most threads that expect you to take everything on faith.

Belief and faith, are outdated, and untrue. It's time we started experiencing things. That is the only way we will evolve. The longer we hold onto the past outdated beliefs full of dogma, the more damage we will do to ourselves in the long run.

Keep doing the palm excercises, and see if you can make it stronger. Eventually, you will be able to make it strong enough that you'll feel it around your whole body, and then stronger still, you'll go into an altered state of consciousness. Beyond that, you'll have a direct self realization of god. You will become experienced in the truth of who you are, what you are, and what your purpose is. All of those questions will be answered, and you never had to believe anyone, or read any book. The knowledge is within. Remember that, for its the only knowledge that is real.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Strong warm almost burning in my palms, and a feeling of a force or field that was strongest between and around my hands.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Kinda makes you re-think the idea of the force in those star wars movies hey?

new topics

top topics

join