It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banned and back again...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hello.
I am not new to computers, yet figuring out new things like trying to join a forum is very challenging to me. I was introducing myself by erroneously typing in messages in the incorrect places and WHAMMO I was banned before I ever got to start a thread. What is a thread? It is something you put in your sewing machine, and a post is something made of wood or steel that you pound into the ground.

Thankfully the supermoderator that banned me was understanding, and here I am.

I am a cheesemaker, a woodworker, a husband, a father, and a handyman.

I like this forum because of the interesting topics. I apologize if any threads or posts were disrupted due to my ignorance. I will be reading everything closely to avoid any more mistakes.

Now I have to go start a fire for heat in my woodshop which doubles as my garage, and work on a six foot corner shelf whose beauty has been hidden by brown paint.

oh yes, I am into shelves, serving trays made from reclaimed pallet wood, knifemaking, and kitchen knife collecting.

I will be back.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by neodruid66
Hello.
I am not new to computers, yet figuring out new things like trying to join a forum is very challenging to me. I was introducing myself by erroneously typing in messages in the incorrect places and WHAMMO I was banned before I ever got to start a thread. What is a thread? It is something you put in your sewing machine, and a post is something made of wood or steel that you pound into the ground.

Thankfully the supermoderator that banned me was understanding, and here I am.

I am a cheesemaker, a woodworker, a husband, a father, and a handyman.

I like this forum because of the interesting topics. I apologize if any threads or posts were disrupted due to my ignorance. I will be reading everything closely to avoid any more mistakes.

Now I have to go start a fire for heat in my woodshop which doubles as my garage, and work on a six foot corner shelf whose beauty has been hidden by brown paint.

oh yes, I am into shelves, serving trays made from reclaimed pallet wood, knifemaking, and kitchen knife collecting.

I will be back.

Welcome........back!
2nd

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Welcome to the jungle George.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by neodruid66
Thankfully the supermoderator that banned me was understanding,

Ohh, I'm afraid we're going to need more than your word for that.

Welcome. Or welcome back, I guess.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neodruid66

Think of ATS like a huge filing system, there are topics called Forums, then inside those Forums are threads started by a member who wants to discus with us or inform us about something reverent to the thread its been placed in, then when members talk in that thread its called a post.

so if you were looking for ghost sightings or wanting to talk about ghosts, you wont find it in the us political madness forum, you will find in the paranormal forum.

Forum = subject
Thread = a topic relative to the Forum
Post = comments by members discussing the Threads topic

So I am making a Post in your Thread ... Banned and back again ... that you started in the Introductions Forum

Welcome and i hope explained it ok.

Love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 25/1/13 by Whateva69 because: doh

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Welcome and stoke that fire up good!.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Welcome neodruid66! I can get into the whole "wood" thing. Years ago I stained an old table with homemade stain made with chewing tobacco soaked in a jar of apple cider vinegar. It made the neatest color! Looking forward to seeing you around the forums!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
How touching....

Learn the ropes quick sunbeam, because it's going to be a bumpy ride otherwise!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
Welcome to the jungle George.

We've got fun and games...

(Welcome to ATS)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Welcome Back To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

What are P F K W S
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Cheese, woodworking and knives are things I enjoy myself. if you ever choose to start any threads on those topics, I'd be interested. I pop in and out on ats and seem to miss out on many good threads. As far as making errors in posting, god knows I have as well, and so all I can say is, just keep learning your way in this place, I still am, and it takes awhile, but acknowledging your mistakes and trying to fix them is a good start. I am still amazed at all the great people on this forum, there is so much here to learn and inspire a person, I hope you have a better experience this time. See you on the forums!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Welcome aboard, and enjoy the ride!

Wow, and no mention now that you are my brother. My older brother, in fact.

Good to see you back in action.

Your post was perfect, as an introduction, and I think you got the idea now. Just remember to hand out stars to posts you like, and flags to the threads you enjoy. Gimme a call if you have any more questions.

You should also respond to the members that greeted you, making a comment specific to their response. It's the only way you can get your post count up. You have to post. That's the point.

Much love bro, glad you finally joined.

edit on 1/25/13 by Druid42 because: sp err

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Welcome aboard!

ATS definitely has a learning curve, to be sure, but you'll have a fun ride

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Warm Welcome to the ATS Family. Here's your Welcome Cookies...

Enjoy...

I look forward to meeting you in the forums....

Des

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Welcome neodruid!!
would love to see some of your work if you feel like sharing.
Enjoy the group! I'm astounded by the information you can find,learn,and share here.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

You are

DOOMED

But Welcome back.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Hi neodruid66, welcome.

Wood is my thing, too, old tools and ways and stuff, look forward to seeing you round the boards.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Thank you for the valuable information.
My problem is that I am very visually oriented so learning how threads and posts interact in cyberspace challenges me.
Your analogy of a file system will certainly help.
See you around..

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thank you..! I love cookies, and those look like chocolate chip which are my favorite..
I look forward to seeing you around.
I think I'll have a glass of milk with those cookies...*grin*

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join