It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago... 5 Alarm fire + below freezing conditions = AWESOME photos!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Hey everyone... So living in Chicago we had a warehouse fire in the Bridgeport neighborhood the other day and that after photos from the firemen putting it out are awesomely beautiful. Temperatures were close to zero degrees and the fire was blazing for sure (i believe timber was stored in the warehouse)... Check out some of the photos below and let me know what yall think...

Link to Pictures

Link to story about the Fire

edit on 25-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Ok, i fixed the picture issue... How about those shots? Pretty crazy right? I love the pics...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Interesting images. Must have felt surreal to walk among those buildings.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It looks so cold, i'm surprised they got water out of the hydrants, and it didn't freeze in the lines.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by incoserv
Interesting images. Must have felt surreal to walk among those buildings.

Not sure if you ever saw the movie The Day After Tomorrow, but the pictures reminded me of that...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by scottromansky
It looks so cold, i'm surprised they got water out of the hydrants, and it didn't freeze in the lines.

Yea, well 0 degree temperatures with negative windchill temps will do that.... hahaha...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Reminded me of this, for some reason.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
must be global warming...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Picture #4 is my Friend's Dad, they are both firefighters in Chicago and as you can imagine the pride he is feeling over this! his father is pictured everywhere and he has them all over his facebook lol!, I use to go to grammar school a few blocks away from these massive buildings. Im glad the fire fighters are all ok. amazing pictures.
edit on 25-1-2013 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Thanks for sharing!

Those pictures are awesome.

We don't get that cold down here in the dirty south

Peace and love and stay warm!

~ nat

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

That's incredible, he was a part of a pretty unique firefighter experience... awesome pictures all over about this fire... I love all the shots im seeing

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

That's incredible, he was a part of a pretty unique firefighter experience... awesome pictures all over about this fire... I love all the shots im seeing

I can only imagine, over 50 departments were on scene and it seems his father is in almost all the pics, the mustached guy lol, It's got to be an incredible feeling to be a Chicago firefighter and experience this, it's such a dangerous job and to have it happen on the coldest day here in two years makes it 100 times worse. they truly did an amazing job that night.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Are you here in Chicago too? Man has it been cold the last week... I really can't stand weather this cold, I always wonder why I stay here...hahaa... Then a Chicago summer starts and then I remember why i deal with the crappy chicago winters...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Yes actually, born and raised S.W. Side, and yeah seeing that fire is like WOW that is so close to where I use to live lol.
I'm with ya on this cold, I HATE IT, you think we would be use to it and learn to love it...no thank you I just want spring now...if I have to scrape snow or ice off my car one more day Im gonna cry lol. But watch knowing Chicago we will have t-shirt 40 degree weather soon lol.

top topics

join