It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Shot Down By U.S. Court of Appeals For Unconstitutional Act

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Today, I am doing my happy dance. It is about time Obama finally gets burned for bypassing the way our democracy is intended to work. And I would like to see more of this. Pity it is such a slow process though.

Court: Obama appointments to labor panel are unconstitutional

President Obama violated the Constitution when he bypassed the Senate to fill vacancies on a labor relations panel, a federal appeals court panel ruled Friday.

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit said that Obama did not have the power to make three recess appointments last year to the National Labor Relations Board.

The unanimous decision is an embarrassing setback for the president, who made the appointments after Senate Republicans spent months blocking his choices for an agency they contended was biased in favor of unions.

The Obama administration is expected to appeal the decision to the U.S. Supreme Court, but if it stands, it means hundreds of decisions issued by the board over more than a year are invalid.

edit on 25-1-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Here is what is so crazy..

He could appear on the news at any time and call out other people for not doing their jobs and make the American public on his side, but rather than do that he has to be sneaky and take power he doesn't have to make things up as if he is the sole power...

What a little weak human he is..

Could have been open.. Could have helped people.. Now he goes behind our backs "for our own good," and so he calls us stupid as he rapes us...

Weakness, without pain, goes unchecked.

A song comes to mind

edit on 1/25/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Our President obviously needs to spend some time actually reading the Constitution of America.

That is clear.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
No they were not unconstitutional. The appointments were made during a three day recess. The constitution doesn't state how long the senate must be at recess before the president can make a recess appointment. They tried this once before in Mackie vs Clinton and lost. Recess Appointments: Frequently Asked Questions But the end of the FOX article shows who is really behind all of this.

The court's decision is a victory for Republicans and business groups that have been attacking the labor board for issuing a series of decisions and rules that make it easier for the nation's labor unions to organize new members

Love how people want to support crushing the middle class.
edit on 25-1-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
No they were not unconstitutional. The appointments were made during a three day recess. The constitution doesn't state how long the senate must be at recess before the president can make a recess appointment. They tried this once before in Mackie vs Clinton and lost. Recess Appointments: Frequently Asked Questions But the end of the FOX article shows who is really behind all of this.

The court's decision is a victory for Republicans and business groups that have been attacking the labor board for issuing a series of decisions and rules that make it easier for the nation's labor unions to organize new members

“Considering the text, history and structure of the Constitution, these appointments were invalid from their inception,”

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Exactly. The office of the President is but that of mouthpiece for those behind the scenes that really run the show.

He is an orator, an announcer.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

While I agree with and appreciate your sentiment, you still don't fully get it yet. You said "It is about time Obama finally gets burned for bypassing the way our democracy is intended to work." If we were indeed a democracy, what he did would have been acceptable and this would have never gone to court. Because we are a Constitutional REPUBLIC, there are lines he is not allowed to cross, and that is why this went to court. My point is... please stop calling America a democracy, because when you do you contradict yourself.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ResistTreason
Our President obviously needs to spend some time actually reading the Constitution of America.

That is clear.

OUr President is fully aware of what the constitution says. He was a constitutional lawer if I remember correctly.
THe issue is not whether or not he understands the constitution.
He is not the one calling the shots.

He is only doing as he is told.
He is a slave to Isreal and more pointedly, the Khazarian Jews.

They are the ones calling the shots and he is the one who, while admittedly doing it with a smile on his face, is still doing what he is told.

We MUST recognose who our enemy is before we can even begin to fight back.
I can promise you it isn't "Obama" any more than it was "Bush" or "Clinton" or any ONE person in particular.

If you want to get really deep into this,
The true enemy to humanity is us.

"Be the change you want to see in the world".
- Gandhi.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
reply to post by elouina

While I agree with and appreciate your sentiment, you still don't fully get it yet. You said "It is about time Obama finally gets burned for bypassing the way our democracy is intended to work." If we were indeed a democracy, what he did would have been acceptable and this would have never gone to court. Because we are a Constitutional REPUBLIC, there are lines he is not allowed to cross, and that is why this went to court. My point is... please stop calling America a democracy, because when you do you contradict yourself.

Absolutely. A country built by the people and driven by the people through the Constitution.

The issue is not our Constitution. It is the people under it who fail to follow it.

However it is safe to say that America has fallen to Democracy and this is why there is a struggle because we have a leader who thinks he knows best.

Yet has to break rules to enact laws that he believes is in best interest.

If that were the case he could be able to do it constitutional and not have to cheat to enact.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

It would be nice if it is true.
I think it will be overturned at the Supreme Court level.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

That is clear.

He was a senior lecturer/professor of Constitutional Law at the University of Chicago Law School:

Fact Check

...at a March 30, 2007, fundraiser when he said, "I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current president I actually respect the Constitution."

So it would appear he knows EXACTLY what he's doing...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Yes I noticed that as well. Propaganda has given labor unions a bad name, but the working class would not have what little they currently have without them. The 5-day work week, minimum wage, paid vacation days, etc, all the result of unions.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrandonD

Yes I noticed that as well. Propaganda has given labor unions a bad name, but the working class would not have what little they currently have without them. The 5-day work week, minimum wage, paid vacation days, etc, all the result of unions.

Don't forget loss of jobs to because of greed and demanding all sorts of raises and paid healthcare and month long paid vacations during summer shutdowns. Oh and an auto industry ran into the ground because of the same practices and the public taxpayer having to absorb the loss of money and bailout. Yes at the beginning the unions were great they accomplished things others couldn't. Now days they are the root of the problem, sorry take your crap elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BrandonD

The problem isn't about the unions being good or bad, it is about how Obama bypassed the constitution. If you did a good deed and gave a poor family a gallon of milk, bravo. But if you stole that gallon of milk from another, you are still a thief and should go to jail no matter your good deed. Obama keeps nudging his way around our constitution, and I am happy to see something finally done about it. Just because he is president doesn't mean he is above our laws.

Now I need to ask, what is the punishment for a president breaking our constitution?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The real powers that be love it when you do their dirty work
for them. Especially when you support billionaires over you neighbors.
The first three words of your title? Intentional or Freudian slip?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
The first three words of your title? Intentional or Freudian slip?

Neither, now how does that answer your question?
Sometimes the English language is just that, and not some stupid conspiracy.

edit on 25-1-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

That is clear.

OUr President is fully aware of what the constitution says. He was a constitutional lawer if I remember correctly.
THe issue is not whether or not he understands the constitution.
He is not the one calling the shots.

He is only doing as he is told.
He is a slave to Isreal and more pointedly, the Khazarian Jews.

They are the ones calling the shots and he is the one who, while admittedly doing it with a smile on his face, is still doing what he is told.

We MUST recognose who our enemy is before we can even begin to fight back.
I can promise you it isn't "Obama" any more than it was "Bush" or "Clinton" or any ONE person in particular.

If you want to get really deep into this,
The true enemy to humanity is us.

"Be the change you want to see in the world".
- Gandhi.

Quite a bold statement regarding his "slavery." Do you have references to back you up?
edit on 1/25/2013 by IsidoreOfSeville because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

That is clear.

Amen to that.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I love it when I hear Barry isn't getting his way. Seeing as how he wants to use all these G.W. Bush tactics I just wanted to share this picture I came across the other day. I thought it was SO funny and well... fitting.

I laugh everytime I see those blue eyes.
edit on 25-1-2013 by 1/2 Nephilim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsidoreOfSeville
Quite a bold statement regarding his "slavery." Do you have references to back you up?

Nope.
None that you would accept.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join