It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Minor Quake Shakes East Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
dfw.cbslocal.com... -east-texas/

The U.S. Geological Survey says the 4.1 magnitude quake happened at 1:01 a.m. Friday and was centered about two miles west-northwest of Timpson. The Shelby County Sheriff’s Office had no immediate reports of damage or injuries.

I am posting this in hopes someone may have a clue as to why we are seeing activity in this area. There is plenty of oil exploration in the area. Even though this was small it was shallow and is quite the event in a place that has never been known for eq.
edit on 25-1-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
These things have GOT to be increasing. I'm hearing of more earthquakes than ever.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
fracking

Here is an article with some history of eq's in the area. It seems that this one today is the 3rd largest ever recorded in east tx.
edit on 25-1-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Hi deadeyedick, I live in NW Louisiana area of Shreveport. There was a 4.9 earthquake around the same area of Texas in late summer or early fall of 2012. Folks here in this area actually felt that one. I felt it here also. This most recent quake in NE Texas was listed as a 4.1 at usgs but was listed as a 4.5 at RSOE-edis. I didn't notice this latest one.

Fracking does occur in that area...in many parts of Texas and Louisiana actually. I truly believe that the fracking process can/does cause seismic activity. I have had 2 properties in Louisiana where fracking took place and had to leave the area. When they drill and introduce water into the ground at high pressure and break into the shale, all of that has an affect on the ground, air, and water. They often slant drill. I can remember feeling the house shake/vibrate from these procedures. During fracking, one can "feel" the power being exerted during the process. Explosions are sometimes heard.

They are not supposed to drill within 500 ft. of homes but it seemed to me, they don't follow the rules very well. I could see wells from all 4 sides of my property and more. When one witnesses the "flames" expelled from the top of the wells, that is powerful chemicals being released. Powerful chemicals are used in the fracking...some are "secret formula" but personal research reveals some nasties such as Americinum, DU, and much more.

I believe there is trouble ahead for Bayou Corne because of the fracking done in that part of Louisiana...the salt dome collapsing and such tends to give evidence that the procedure does affect the ground and could very well cause siesmic events. I believe local seismic monitoring has been recording such in that area...an uptick of same and there is concern that more events may be in the future...perhaps more powerful and destructive. Will see. The fracking process is powerful, I can personally attest to that. Many areas throughout the country/world where fracking is taking place seem to be having more seismic activity...even places that usually did not seem to be prone to such before. Thanx for listening.

top topics

join