It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- SWAT and County Sheriff Raiders Pull Arsenal, Records From Home

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I hope that the owner is not guilty of anything and sues the living crap out of the local and federal agency.

Let us know when more news about this is released.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicexplorer

First off...im a cop and will not enforce anything that is unconstitutional....

but a little common sense would tell you that there has to be groups somewhere in the US taking advantage of the fear of potential new gun laws. Not saying that is what this is....but I wouldn't be surprised to find a few groups illegally selling guns just to get in on the market without having a proper license.

Thank you sir, You are more than likely correct. I have a friend that loves to repair guns. He works a full time job so i am sure he has a lot of guns laying around waiting to be repaired. He is a great guy, Law abiding citizen. Illegal weapons caches should probably be rounded up. I can however see where a law abiding citizen could have a lot of guns in his/her possession for various reasons. Gun shows/repairs/collectors.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Must be those "Pre Crime" computers predicting the future.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
In the present climate of hyped fear you are just being smart to not be seen loading or unloading your weapons to and from your car or truck as if the neighbors call HLS to say something because they saw something you might be finding swat at your house if you are there or not.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

...swarmed a home on the 3400 block of Haines Avenue NE..

The don't give the exact address, but this house on the block has an unusual shiny black covering between the front and rear structures.

Probably growing tomatoes or something?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

I think thats just a shadow...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Must be those "Pre Crime" computers predicting the future.
I really dont understand the Outrage by People in this thread.
You Scream "Guns dont kill people", That "bad guys with guns kill people".

Let the Cops do there jobs, and remove the Potential "bad guys Guns".

Raids on houses Occurred before Sandy Hook, and will Cont to Occur.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Yeah, you're right.

(The more I look at it, there is no structure behind the house... maybe an empty pool.)

But with all the cars out front, they MUST be doing something illegal

edit on 25-1-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

You're right. I jumped to conclusions without any details or understanding. I was looking at another story and went onto this thread and got some parts of the two stories mixed.

In that case I hope it was based on illegal possession or some other matter.

Again, I apologize for jumping to conclusions. There's no sense in bringing that onto ATS.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

This might help clearing up some confusing Questions about the law.

Typically speaking, a state's interpretation of gun laws will not waver in terms of leniency between buyers and sellers. New Mexico is no exception. Distributors in the state have limited to no regulations based on the state's gun control laws. Even with a precarious location (New Mexico borders Mexico), sellers are not required to be licensed, file sales reports with the state, nor are police inspections allowed of gun shops or trade shows. There are no limitations placed on bulk purchases, ammunition regulations, or background checks performed during purchase. There are no state waiting periods, ballistic filings, magazine bans, or even restrictions placed on assault rifles.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
So the news crew and neighbors saw them pull out about 2 dozen rifles, including possibly 1 "assault rifle." That's now a small arsenal?

Anyone have any more news on this? It's been 2 days, but if you enter "Haines Avenue albuquerque guns" in Google news without the quotes, the only link that pops up is the one in the OP. That in itself seems strange under the circumstances and in today's climate.

So far there is no word of anyone being arrested or even taken in for questioning. And there is still no explanation of the reason for the raid and no word as to why Homeland Security was involved.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

I hope that the owner is not guilty of anything and sues the living crap out of the local and federal agency.

Let us know when more news about this is released.

Can you clarify what you mean here? It doesn't really make much sense given very little is known about why the raid has taken place.

It seems you just have some personal issue with the 'local and federal agency' ?

What if the owner has been up to all sorts of no good?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I just went back and watched the video. It looks like I picked the right house anyway.

Funny how they don't give the address away in the article, but they show the address plain as day in the video, as well as license plates on cars in the driveway.

2 dozen rifles and a neighbor said he saw an assault rifle.

This is a local news station trying to get a big story on guns where no story exists.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Don't forget Waco! The Sherriff went and spoke with the Dividians after a neighbor reported hearing automatic gun fire. They explained it was from a hellfire device and showed the officer all their FFL paperwork etc.. as the Dividians held a valid dealers license. The ATF concerned that the Dividians had M-16 parts and AR-15's setup surveillance and even put a man into the group. It is important to note that the only income the Dividians had came from their FFL dealings and frequent gun shows etc.

A raid was later conducted, and the Dividians were pre warned by happenstance. Some say the ATF fired first others say the Dividians did. In any case a 50 day standoff resulted and then Clinton approved an assault after Janet Reno expressed concern that children in the compound could be abused at the hands of the Dividians.

Authorities maintain that the massacre was accidental, but they did set the fire and after the compound was ablaze they continued to knock holes in or vent the building which is generally done to cause a structure to burn faster. Video seems to confirm suspicions that shots were fired at people who attempted to flee the flames. Many former officers have come out to condemn these acts. 176 people were murdered including 12 children younger than 5!

Janet Reno said publically that the standoff was costing a million a week, and the children were being sexually abused. She also maintained that the Dividians would commit mass suicide. The local Sherriff openly complained that the ATF over stepped their bounds and should have just gone and spoken with the Dividians from the start.

edit on 25-1-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingmonkey
What if the owner has been up to all sorts of no good?

Then why have there been no arrests?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Four weeks ago the police came to my apartment complex in Texas. They took out a drug dealer and put all of the drugs on the ground. They also had enough guns spread out on the parking lot for them to be seen from the second floor.

edit on 25-1-2013 by Ghostx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostx

It's strange how they can't do that sort of thing behind the scenes, huh?

They feel the need to make a Broadway musical out of every raid they do, whether the person is guilty or not
(which, last time I checked, was decided in courts)

I suppose its all part of a grand public service announcement.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

New Mexico stands out. Until I know it's not a drug gang I'll bite my tongue.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

So, they are showing the plan; come in and take the guns when no one is home, without stating ANY reason or justification for doing so, or even arresting anyone. No, you aren't the only one that sees. Not only did they insert a school into the article, but they showed that they can, and will, imprison children and hold them whenever they want, no matter what parents might think. Why there isn't a mass exodus from the public school system, I do not know! There should be. The kids aren't there to learn anymore, but to be used as pawns in a sometimes deadly game.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

So, they are showing the plan; come in and take the guns when no one is home, without stating ANY reason or justification for doing so, or even arresting anyone. No, you aren't the only one that sees. Not only did they insert a school into the article, but they showed that they can, and will, imprison children and hold them whenever they want, no matter what parents might think. Why there isn't a mass exodus from the public school system, I do not know! There should be. The kids aren't there to learn anymore, but to be used as pawns in a sometimes deadly game.
And if anyone in the community tries to make an issue out of it, all the City has to say is that the person was "swatted" (swatted seems to be a well known prank when the SWAT is called out to a persons home under false pretense)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join