It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking- SWAT and County Sheriff Raiders Pull Arsenal, Records From Home

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - A northeast Albuquerque house is suddenly at the center of a big-time investigation after federal agents pulled enough weapons to supply a small gun shop.

Early Wednesday morning the SWAT team, Bernalillo County sheriff's deputies and federal agents led by Homeland Security Investigations swarmed a home on the 3400 block of Haines Avenue NE.

While the feds are being tight-lipped about the investigation, it was apparent whatever they were walking into was enough concern for a nearby elementary school to lock its doors restricting anyone outside from coming in.

www.krqe.com...

In an attempt to not overreact, I am just going to post this news.

But you can be damn sure I am looking out for stories like this, with all the gun grabbing going on.

And if I were you, and I was a constitution loving patriot, like I am, then I suggest you seriously do too.

Note that no school was attacked, and yet already there is insertion of a school. Anyone see a pattern here folks? Or am I the only one with eyes.

EDIT: I'd be very curious to know if the sheriff doing that raid is one of the ones sworn to not confiscate guns. Either way, I smell a rat.

EDIT2:

Homeland Security investigators would not say why they were taking the guns or who they were investigating. They did say that nobody had been arrested as of Wednesday night.

The U.S. Attorney's Office would not give specifics about the case only saying the investigation is ongoing.

They are even getting clever enough to raid when the person is not home, so as not to have to kill.
edit on Thu Jan 24th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Looks a lot like game on to me.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I guess the feds are tight lipped about this because they don't want to come right out and say this is our next propaganda laced raid

The BS is sure getting deep with this anti second amendment mandate.. Hitler would be so proud of Obama's methods..

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

In Seattle Wa. they had a situation simular to this two nights in a row. On the 21st of Jan the local SWAT had blocked off a neigborhood, but nothing else was said about it, then the next day the SWAT had blocked off another house in Seattle and even though in was reported on nothing was said about what the SWAT was doing. Only that they had entered a home.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - A northeast Albuquerque house is suddenly at the center of a big-time investigation after federal agents pulled enough weapons to supply a small gun shop.

Early Wednesday morning the SWAT team, Bernalillo County sheriff's deputies and federal agents led by Homeland Security Investigations swarmed a home on the 3400 block of Haines Avenue NE.

While the feds are being tight-lipped about the investigation, it was apparent whatever they were walking into was enough concern for a nearby elementary school to lock its doors restricting anyone outside from coming in.

www.krqe.com...

In attempt to not overreact, I am just going to post this news.

But you can be damn sure I am looking out for stories like this, with all the gun grabbing going on.

And if I were you, and I was a constitution loving patriot, like I am, then I suggest you seriously do too.

Note that no school was attacked, and yet already there is insertion of a school. Anyone see a pattern here folks? Or am I the only one with eyes.

EDIT: I'd be very curious to know if the sheriff doing that raid is one of the ones sworn to not confiscate guns. Either way, I smell a rat.

Yeah I noticed that they are playing the children/school angle hard this time around. Gotta do it to save the children.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Guys, Every school within several blocks of any police activity is called to be locked down by police by their own policy in every instance. Media will make it sound unusual, but it is common.

There is nothing I see in the story from the OP link to indicate that nothing more than a warrant was served by feds on the house with assistance of the Sheriff's office. Were they a drug gang or illegal firearms dealers or what? I certainly hope they were not innocent preppers or regular citizens.

If it is just another criminal confiscation warrant, these happen alllll the time but now the media is firing off flares to incite conspiracy speculation among the masses. I would recommend folks don't jump to premature judgements based on msm hype.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
And so it starts....

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
OP please keep updates coming in the days or weeks on this. I'm interested what lead investigators to this guy's home and why?

Someone told somebody something.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
"It was an arsenal"
"One of the neighbors said he saw an assault rifle"
"They shut down the school"

A propaganda piece - Taking advantage of a situation to make sure they get all of the hot buzzwords & phrases in one tight little package.
All we really see here is the government raiding a home in America & confiscating their weapons.

Without knowing why or anything about the home owner. It is not illegal to own hundreds of firearms.
If that's where you want to put your money then that is your right. In fact it's always proven to be a smart investment - the values of guns rarely decline.

If they don't end up prosecuting the owner for a damn good reason then that would make this illegal & unconstitutional. I wonder what the warrant said they were there to take & why...supposed to specifically name what they are searching for (although most citizens don't seem to realize that a warrant isn't supposed to be a carte blanche to take whatever they want to)

I'd keep an eye on this one.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

They are even getting clever enough to raid when the person is not home, so as not to have to kill.
Sounds like you are Mad no One was Killed.
Why is that?
edit on 25-1-2013 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Interesting Psyop going on there, I think.

Unless these were illegally procured, illegally sold or illegally possessed (by a felon), then there is no law that states that one cannot possess multiple firearms - even if it "Scares" the neighbors!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I hate it when the number of a thing is used to drum up excitement and fear.

So what if I have 5, 50, 500 or 5000 guns. I only have two hands.

The only instances where number of guns becomes an issue is if the guy is operating as an unlawful dealer or is actually holding the armory of a real active group under investigation in its own right.

Otherwise it's completely irrelevant how many of a thing some dude has.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

There are a lot of gangs and illegal immigrant in Albuquerque, to be sure. Maybe this is a legit bust for gun/drug running and these guys are affiliated with a cartel? There doesn’t seem to be much info to go on so I will 'unload' and relax until we know more.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I just watched the video.

All I saw were a bunch of bolt action surplus rifles and maybe a lever gun.

I gotta believe if there were any scary "assault" rifles there they would have been paraded in front of the camera.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
By all means stand down.........
the situation needs clarification......
But the Feds can say anything they want after the fishing expedition is over.......
I dont trust anything they so kindly announce anymore.....How do we know they are not lying?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I dont trust anything they so kindly announce anymore.....How do we know they are not lying?

How do we know they're not lying? They're buried 6 feet under! That's how we know. Because if they're alive and they're lips are moving - they're lying! Just like all the pretty talking heads on tv reading their teleprompters... they're lying too. But those people don't know it - they're just reading a script.

Did anyone take the time to realize that even television news is compartmentalized to ensure that what makes it on air is the scripted formula? Has anyone noticed that we don't have journalists anymore in the MSM? Nope - just commentators and news readers. How in the hell are we ever supposed to get to the truth if we don't find it on our own???

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I wonder what frivolous charges they came up with to warrant a search like this. Disgusting

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArnoldNonymous
I wonder what frivolous charges they came up with to warrant a search like this. Disgusting

So, it was automatically some sort of "frivolous charge" huh? And disgusting, huh?

Tell me, oh wise one with absolutely no information or facts regarding the events, when do you find a search backed by a warrant to not be based on frivolous charges? Let me guess, only when the target is a CEO or politician, right?

Do you have knowledge that this was not the home of a convicted felon, at the very least? Houses get raided, usually because the occupants are doing something illegal.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

First off...im a cop and will not enforce anything that is unconstitutional....

but a little common sense would tell you that there has to be groups somewhere in the US taking advantage of the fear of potential new gun laws. Not saying that is what this is....but I wouldn't be surprised to find a few groups illegally selling guns just to get in on the market without having a proper license.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

What is this "tight lipped" BS?

When have they ever been "tight lipped" about anything? They love to propaganda-ize every "terrorist" related entrapment.

First to spread fear and second to try and justify their (the government's) existence: that theyre keeping us "safe" from the "evil terrorist".

Even if this isnt "terrorist" related, it still doesnt make sense. Theyre not saying anything? This isnt the standard practice.

...enough weapons to supply a small gun shop.

...dozens of rifles were hauled out of the house, bagged as evidence and laid out on the lawn.

They did say that nobody had been arrested as of Wednesday night.

Absolutely no propaganda or bias in this "news" article.

No arrests?

Looks like he may have committed the heinous and deplorable act of "exercising excessive freedom".

edit on 25-1-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join