It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woohoo! The Wii now has Amazon Instant video!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I got a Wii last year for my bday so I could stream Netflix and Youtube videos but at the time Amazon Instant wasn't available. Imagine my surprise when today I saw it was NOW available! I knew the new Wii U had it available but the older Wii didn't have it.....yet. This so opens up my viewing capabilities!

Between Amazon, Netflix and Youtube I always find something to watch!! IF you have Amazon Prime you can watch a lot of shows/movies free otherwise they are about $1.99 an episode.

Amazon Prime is really worth the yearly fee believe me esp if you order a lot off of Amazon.

This will also save my laptop!!

I'm so easily amused but had to share here incase there were others who used online streaming and had a Wii.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Extreme!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

I'm not watching that video. What is it?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

I'm not watching that video.

Ha, why so serious? Its only 57 seconds long. A sense of humor is needed though, so maybe dont watch it.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

"standard definition gaming"...now that's priceless...and true

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I know its allot to read but it has some very informative information that will benefit us all.
I spent allot of time typing this up, I hope yall see the importance of it.

I am not trying to attack you only help US. Note that I am only trying to make positive changes. Particularly help you as a individual. Who am I to give you advice? You can take it or leave but all I have to say is the truth. If you are on this site then you are aware to some degree on whats going on. We in this community of ATS is looked at as a whole. How do you improve the whole? How do we achieve the goals we want as a whole? We improve our self individually.

So here it is

TV PROGRAMING is the reason we are in this mess. With out it they would not have been able to achieve the state we are into day. While I am sure you are well aware of this most are not truly aware how it really effects their choices. For starters your AWAKE!!! You would not be on this site if you wear not. I know you know that TV is a distraction. You could be spending that valuable time on educating your self. I understand TV shows and movies can be VERY informational, if it was not for a dozon select movies and tv show I would not have the understanding I have today. But at the same time I could have found that same information on the internet without the brain wash. Most people will deny the consequences of watching these PROGRAMS with out knowing what the television truly does.

Lets start with the refresh rate on the monitor you are viewing at this moment. What is a refresh rate?
Wiki says "The refresh rate (most commonly the "vertical refresh rate", "vertical scan rate" for CRTs) is the number of times in a second that a display hardware draws the data." Have you ever seen old camera footage of the old bolky TV or CRT computer monitors? Did you notice the lines that run vertically up the screen? Those lines flicker at a consistent rate cause your brain waves to change from beta (a fully aware and wake state 15Hz - 38Hz) to Alpha 8-12htz. Neurosync.com.au says "This band is ideal for Relaxation, Stress Relief, Self Hypnosis, stimulation of the Immune System and Accelerated Learning."
Alpha state is just one brain wave state away from sleeping witch is 3-8htz.

Their is no fighting it, this is what the TV does, you cant stop it. While your in this state of almost sleeping you are susceptible to being manipulated. While watching TV you are aware on the lowest level. EVERY ONE IS in this state while watching tv. Some viewers are awake to some degree and can see threw it to some degree. In order to combat this they use various technics such as revers physiology. The matrix movie or any main stream "awaken" movie are not all that its made out to be. LOOK AT THE COMPANY'S THAT MAKE THEM FOR GOD SAKES!!! Movies target large masses of people to make you fell as if you are a character in the movie. They try to relate to YOU so you let your guard down so they can manipulate and tell you who you are, or should be.

When you remember a tv show do you remember the exact settings, do you see your self sitting on the couch with a remote in your hand or do you remember the show as if your standing in the same room as the characters? All those movies of people getting slaughtered, shot down ect its as if you wear their, the brain does not know any better. It desensitizes you. This is why people care more about these so called "mass" shootings more then they care about solders killing in war. You have seen military men kill 100's if not 1000's of people in movies. Never have you seen a movie with a killer that kills people in a movie theater. One of the most used tactics is revers psychology. For example the media will say something really outrageous knowing exactly how the people are going to react. Its manipulation.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I know your probably going to still watch. Even after I spent months researching how they manipulate large masses of population I still watched. At the moment I am keeping it to a minimal. I ask that while you watch TV and movies you look at it from a different perspective. Try to brake it down, every little aspect. Dont look at movies as a time line try to remember characters actions and the HIDDEN MESSAGE they are trying to get into your sub conscience. I know it puts you in a Alpha state so it can be hard at times but you have to try to fight it to truly see what they are telling you. Dont get caught up in emotions while watching it only makes you susceptible. Their is much more to be said on the topic I barely grazed it. You should learn more about the topic because you do enjoy TV and because you are awake (hardly while watching tv ALPHA waves). Just imagine what a life time of watching TV does to people. They are in a sleep state because they watch 4hrs+ of tv a day. Its made to be addicting and is one of the largest hidden problems of our century. The more people that are truly aware (Beta state) the faster we can combat this mad.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Haha I didnt even realize the video that was posted.

Maybe something is channeling threw me to tell you ^ this message.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Oh GOOD GRIEF people.
This is general chit-chat.

I think it's pretty cool that even a basic gaming console is offering us more choices for streaming entertainment.
I happen to have a WII also, and I like it. Lots of people like them. Now there is yet another reason to appreciate that little box. And yet another reason to ditch cable TV,

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Guess what? I got a PS3, want to know what I can do??? I can go online through my standard ISP for free, I can open web pages and download videos, or even find streaming videos on the internet through the browser....... ALL FOR FREE! How ya like them apples? lol

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Apple doesn't make PS3....

The PS3's are pretty cool too. Multifunctionality is key nowadays. We no longer need a separate box for everything we want to do now. I've always expressed that thought to my wife about kitchen items too. I mean do you really need a chopper, a dicer, AND a slicer, when you have a knife?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice

I'm not watching that video.

Ha, why so serious? Its only 57 seconds long. A sense of humor is needed though, so maybe dont watch it.

Where do you get serious from? I don't click youtube links for things I dont want to watch esp short vids that seem to have nothing to do with the OP.

I do have a sense of humor I just dont click videos on here.

Youtube doesn't play very well for some reason for me so I choose not to click video's that have nothing to do with the OP esp since it will mess up all my tabs. I'd rather not have to reset my browser for a 57sec video.

What is the video?
edit on 1/25/2013 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

I am not trying to attack you only help US.

Help? WTH said I needed help? This is BTS buddy so keep the conspiracy crap on the other side, ATS.

TV PROGRAMING is the reason we are in this mess. Without it they would not have been able to achieve the state we are into day. While I am sure you are well aware of this most are not truly aware how it really effects their choices. For starters your AWAKE!!!

For starters it's YOU'RE..... Also I know what the hell tv programming is, what the hell does that have to do with my OP? It has nothing. Seriously you need to get a grip and relax.

You would not be on this site if you wear not.

Also it's WERE! Wear is what you do with clothing. I'm on this site to discuss aliens and Ancient Civilizations. TV programming is the LEAST of my concerns.

I know you know that TV is a distraction. You could be spending that valuable time on educating your self.

I spend 90% of my time READING so don't tell me what I should be doing with my time.

I understand TV shows and movies can be VERY informational, if it was not for a dozon select movies and tv show I would not have the understanding I have today. But at the same time I could have found that same information on the internet without the brain wash. Most people will deny the consequences of watching these PROGRAMS with out knowing what the television truly does.

I watch mostly documentaries thank you and sci fi. So again I don't know why you feel the need to educate me on something I already know.

Lets start with the refresh rate on the monitor you are viewing at this moment. What is a refresh rate?
Wiki says "The refresh rate (most commonly the "vertical refresh rate", "vertical scan rate" for CRTs) is the number of times in a second that a display hardware draws the data." Have you ever seen old camera footage of the old bolky TV or CRT computer monitors? Did you notice the lines that run vertically up the screen? Those lines flicker at a consistent rate cause your brain waves to change from beta (a fully aware and wake state 15Hz - 38Hz) to Alpha 8-12htz. Neurosync.com.au says "This band is ideal for Relaxation, Stress Relief, Self Hypnosis, stimulation of the Immune System and Accelerated Learning."
Alpha state is just one brain wave state away from sleeping witch is 3-8htz.

AGAIN wth does this have to do with my OP?!!?! This IS BTS meaning BELOW TOP SECRET not ATS!!! It is the general chit chat forum NOT the general conspiracy forum so take this crap over there.

Their is no fighting it

IT's THERE!!!!

this is what the TV does, you cant stop it.

Again I KNOW what tv programming is! You assumed based on my OP that I didn't know anything. Never assume!

While your in this state of almost sleeping you are susceptible to being manipulated.

It's YOU'RE!

While watching TV you are aware on the lowest level. EVERY ONE IS in this state while watching tv. Some viewers are awake to some degree and can see threw it to some degree. In order to combat this they use various technicssuch as revers physiology.

It's TECHNIQUE!!! And don't you mean reverse PSYCHOLOGY! I I can't even read this paragraph with all the grammar and spelling errors. Maybe you need to pay attention to that instead of telling me what I already know! This thread has NOTHING to do with what you are yammering on about. If I wanted to make a thread on TV programming conspiracies I could.

When you remember a tv show do you remember the exact settings, do you see your self sitting on the couch with a remote in your hand or do you remember the show as if your standing in the same room as the characters? All those movies of people getting slaughtered, shot down ect its as if you wear their, the brain does not know any better. It desensitizes you. This is why people care more about these so called "mass" shootings more then they care about solders killing in war. You have seen military men kill 100's if not 1000's of people in movies. Never have you seen a movie with a killer that kills people in a movie theater. One of the most used tactics is revers psychology. For example the media will say something really outrageous knowing exactly how the people are going to react. Its manipulation.
Again I KNOW this!!!

I couldn't even read this reply with all the errors in spelling and grammar. How can you tell me to educate myself when it's clear you haven't educated yourself on the basics!

Yes this post annoyed me because once again it is proven that you can't post ANYTHING "fun" on here without someone going out into left field with their response. Get out of the basement and meet people buddy!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I know your probably going to still watch. Even after I spent months researching how they manipulate large masses of population I still watched. At the moment I am keeping it to a minimal. I ask that while you watch TV and movies you look at it from a different perspective. Try to brake it down, every little aspect. Dont look at movies as a time line try to remember characters actions and the HIDDEN MESSAGE they are trying to get into your sub conscience. I know it puts you in a Alpha state so it can be hard at times but you have to try to fight it to truly see what they are telling you. Dont get caught up in emotions while watching it only makes you susceptible. Their is much more to be said on the topic I barely grazed it. You should learn more about the topic because you do enjoy TV and because you are awake (hardly while watching tv ALPHA waves). Just imagine what a life time of watching TV does to people. They are in a sleep state because they watch 4hrs+ of tv a day. Its made to be addicting and is one of the largest hidden problems of our century. The more people that are truly aware (Beta state) the faster we can combat this mad.

Seriously!!! Go away!!!

You again are assuming I spend all day watching TV! Please go to the ATS side. You are cluttering my OP with off topic responses!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Oh GOOD GRIEF people.
This is general chit-chat.

Oh thank you!! For a minute I thought i posted in the General Conspiracies forum lol

I think it's pretty cool that even a basic gaming console is offering us more choices for streaming entertainment.
I happen to have a WII also, and I like it. Lots of people like them. Now there is yet another reason to appreciate that little box. And yet another reason to ditch cable TV,

I think it's very cool that a gaming system can do this! I remember the original Nintendo and to see Nintendo come this far is pretty neat.

I got rid of cable because nothing worth watching was on and it was over priced! With the Wii I can watch all the programs I want to watch esp the documentaries via Youtube. I prefer a few regular programming shows but I mostly like the documentaries I find via ATS or other sites I read. I can now watch them on my tv and research the content on my laptop! I sit with a notebook while watching documentaries and take notes so I can look up information later on and possibly use it later for a thread.

I am not a big gaming person yet the Wii has all the old games I grew up with and prefer to play. The ones today are way too complicated! I have a short attention span for video games as it is so the old ones keep my attention just long enough. lol

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Guess what? I got a PS3, want to know what I can do??? I can go online through my standard ISP for free, I can open web pages and download videos, or even find streaming videos on the internet through the browser....... ALL FOR FREE! How ya like them apples? lol

My fiancee wanted me to get a PS3 lol but I wanted a Wii. I am a Nintendo fan

I can go to web pages with my Wii
I love going to ATS on the Wii. It makes the threads easier to read, esp the long ones.

I don't download videos, ever. Not even on my Macbook Pro.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
reply to post by jheated5

I've always expressed that thought to my wife about kitchen items too. I mean do you really need a chopper, a dicer, AND a slicer, when you have a knife?

Yes!! Yes you do!! LOL

Hehe. I am bias though. I LOVE kitchen "gadgets."

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This thread is about the Wii having Amazon streaming capability NOT tv programming conspiracies!

I posted this for those who also have a Wii and use it for streaming.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

HAHA! I got to watch this.

"Your child could be abducted...ABDUCTED."

That is funny. Now is that a real game they were playing? I don't have any Wii games, just the old school Nintendo ones I can purchase on the Wii.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Seriously!!! Go away!!!

You again are assuming I spend all day watching TV! Please go to the ATS side. You are cluttering my OP with off topic responses!

Im not asuming you are watching tv all day only bringing awareness to a topic. No where on ATS does it say we cannot discuss conspiracy in these sections. This is a very important topic and its swept under the rug because people are addicted to it. Its the most powerful weapon in the world, I will talk about it any opportunity I get in any place I please. Its not off topic you ware talking about TV programing on the Wii, I am talking about Tv programing.
You said you liked EVERY THING on amazon and netflix. One can only assume that you have watched hours of it to know that you like every thing on netflix and amazon.

Like I said im not attacking you, this post was meant for any one that has the time to read it. Because most people that are attracted to a Wii forum probably spend allot of time in front of electronic media. You attacked me for no reason. Who care's if my grammar is a little off, the reader knows what im trying to convey. It makes me human. Go ahead and continue to buy into this crap, its only hurting your self.
edit on 25-1-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join