It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Powerful is Coming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I know that the dark and or macabre side of life can be a big seller but I think the new Mercedes-Benz commercial takes it a little far.

I mean going so far as to invoke Satan in your advertisement is a little heavy handed don't you think? For those of you who can't or don't want to watch the video here's what happens: the video opens on a diner in a small town the diner's doors are blown open and the Juke Box starts playing the Rolling Stones song "Sympathy for the Devil" specifically the two opening lines "Please allow me to introduce myself I'm a man of wealth and taste. I've been around for a long long time, stole many a man's soul and faith." In the middle of the song a voice over says "Something Powerful is Coming, See you on February 3rd." As the song is playing the temperature in the diner is shown to be increasing by a tight shot on a thermometer going above 100 degrees and a cup of coffee is shown boiling.then an employee is shown scared enough to drop a couple plates. The commercial closes with a fade to black and the date February 3rd 2013 the 13 in the date then ignites and the commercial ends.

I did search the archives for the video and while I found it mentioned on another thread I did not find the actual video posted anywhere. Sorry if it has.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
super Bowl commercials are well know for being the best (and worst) of the year. It's an ad. Free speech and all. Nothing to get anyone's panties in a twist about.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

So February 3rd, 2013 is the new December 21, 2012? What happens when it comes to pass that it's just a freakin' car commercial? New date? Is one already planned?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I think they have to have an over-the-top commercial for their over-priced roller skate.

Expensive to buy, expensive to insure, expensive to service.

I wouldn't buy one, even if I did have the money. But to each his own. Some people love to flaunt it.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I thought the ad was ok and reasonably clever in that the song did not have to have the lyrics changed and could equally apply to a mercedes car.
It is just flashy advertising, though had they really thought it through they should have had it launched on the 13th of Feb so the date would have been 13.02.13 and could have had both the 13's shoot flames. The temperature thing could also just indicate it is a hot new car that everyone will want.
edit on 24-1-2013 by CthulhuMythos because: spl

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Dumb. Would have worked if they were trying to sell hearses, maybe.

new topics

top topics

join