It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian article on Sandy Hook weapon used

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Hello ATS.

I have been a bit fan of your site for years now, and have wanted to contribute for some time. I have just come accross a story on an Aussie MSM site that you might find interesting. Please forgive me if I don't get this right. I will put in the link the best I can and then attempt to paste the story below. What bothers me about this story is that it goes against what I have read up to now. Makes a very bold statement, then seems like it's almost changing the subject after the accusation has been planted, but I will leave it for all of you to decide.

Love.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

A small Melbourne company is manufacturing semi-automatic rifles identical to the one used in the recent primary school massacre at Sandy Hook in the US.

The company legally makes and sells AR-15 semi-automatic rifles to licensed buyers for close to $9000 each and has so far built three dozen of the weapons, The Age newspaper reports.
Australia's strict importation laws on guns has created local demand for the weapons by professional hunters and the local film industry which needs real weapons to fire blanks.
The AR-15 is the civilian version of the M-16, which was originally designed for the US military.
The assault-style rifle has been the weapon of choice used in many recent US massacres.
In December, Adam Lanza used an AR-15 to kill 20 children, six teachers, his mother and himself at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.
An AR-15 was also one of the guns used by James Holmes to kill 12 people in July at the Batman film premiere massacre.
The owner of the Melbourne company producing the weapons, who did not want the name of the business revealed for security reasons, said it was not fair to compare the situation in Australia with that of the US.
''The licences aren't just issued to anyone here. There's no comparison with the United States,'' the owner said.
''It's inflammatory to link [the recent massacres] with this, to say they shouldn't be made here at all. They are made for a purpose and they are not sold to the public."
''We are the quiet minority, we just go about our business and it's very frustrating to be constantly up against it.''
The company originally began producing the rifles as props for the film industry as local restrictions meant that imported weapons used to make movies needed to be destroyed or re-exported after production ended.
Guns produced in Australia do not have to be destroyed after filming finishes.
''It's just unworkable for any small production like Rush or Underbelly … to bring weapons in,'' the owner said.
''Either the budgets aren't there, or they're too small.''
Source: The Age
Author: Emily O'Keefe, Approving Editor: Mark Worley

edit on 24-1-2013 by Gemwolf because: Added ex tags

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Good luck to the average Aussie trying to track one of these down, there are no permits for assault-style weapons in this country. Really, this doesn't need to be reported, it's not news. Just the way things have to be done to comply with our arms and trade restrictions.

As one of the quotes in the article says, these are made to be used as movie props and aren't being sold on the open market. With that in mind I should think there are far more than "3 dozen" (36) AR-15 rifles in this country on the black market.

Let alone the fact that it was recently confirmed in American MSM that long-arm rifles weren't even used in the sickening events of Sandy Hook.

Terrible journalism from the usual terrible news outlets.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

join