It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis Found: Giant Sphinxes, Pyramids In Bermuda Triangle

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
It´s called a flashlight/spotlight, they use it on their submarines to illuminate things, and they work fine even in pitch-black conditions. It´s amazing really.

They found the city with sonar beforehand though. You might have to look up what a sonar is yourself

hahahahahahahahaha "they" again? who is "they" and why aren't "they" being trumpeted by the Cuban government? why are "they" discernible pictures all fakes? or simulations?

Because "they" would rather just not "self promote" except through some random forgery.....

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Hmmmm, Atlantis was found and it took the tabloid website Beforeitsnews dot com to break the story?
Will wonders ever cease?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Just found this.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

If true then this is the coolest discovery ever made, bar none. Do you think the major news media outlets will report on this? If true, I don't know how something like this could be kept secret so I'll have to wait and see if this info is made public.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Interesting thread, enjoy the read and the pics.
"It appears that they have taken the sonar data and successfully reconstructed a 3D image of the structure lying on the ocean floor just off Cuba. This is solid and completely convincing. I got this link originally from Dale Drinnon in his recent Frontiers of Antropology."

It is important to note that the main picture is a 3D image of "sonar data". So it isn't exactly what people think it is.

But I do think that area is a Cayce - hot spot and should prove interesting.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The ruins depicted in that article look faked, they look like a model deliberately grained out and dropped into the pic...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports

Originally posted by NeoVain
It´s called a flashlight/spotlight, they use it on their submarines to illuminate things, and they work fine even in pitch-black conditions. It´s amazing really.

They found the city with sonar beforehand though. You might have to look up what a sonar is yourself

hahahahahahahahaha "they" again? who is "they" and why aren't "they" being trumpeted by the Cuban government? why are "they" discernible pictures all fakes? or simulations?

Because "they" would rather just not "self promote" except through some random forgery.....

Nice narrow world-view u got there. Maybe start by thecking the names. They are actual persons, with credentials that check out an registered on what they claim.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
If showing surveillance plane footage used during missile strikes and cheesy computer animations featuring a cartoon star-gate is proof of anything, it's that people are lazy.

This would be a huge coup for Castro's regime and they kept it quiet?

lol

btw the above picture looks like something I saw in a commercial sub tour off Oahu oddly also called Atlantis though at a depth of 100 feet max - its important to remember that below 300 feet it would be very dark at 2000 feet it would be pitch black.

OMG it's Atlantis look at the sign!!!!!!

edit on 23-1-2013 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

lol thats from the Atlantic resort
www.atlantis.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
So do you suppose this information is just now going viral because anything that was discovered has already been OKed by the powers that be?

No. It was FAR more viral back then and had another long run in 2004 (rehashing the 2001 claims, nothing new produced.)

This isn't viral. It's just a website that suddenly discovered this old footage and writes it up, not aware that it's old news.

I mean to say that more than a decade has passed since the discovery and so it leads me to wonder if there has been a collaboration with Governmental officials to find out more before it went totally public.

Nope. They were quite public with their requests for funds and have kept requesting funds all along. If a government had gotten it, they would have shut up abruptly and then come out with a full sized, full-color production with closeups (note that in spite of the claims of a sphinx, there's no actual sphinx.)

Wonder what secrets have now been hidden?

The main secret seems to be that nothing new has been done. I suspect they've been back there and what they saw was so unconvincing that they couldn't get anyone to fund it.

Several of those pictures appear to be CGI.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
The ruins depicted in that article look faked, they look like a model deliberately grained out and dropped into the pic...

The textures don't look like coral covered stone and do look CGI -- however, it would require someone who was really familiar with graphics to tell for sure.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Isn't it extremely odd that there hasn't been a formal follow up investigation ?

Or has there ?

It seems that the original team had every intention of follow up .

I find the whole lack of information annoyingly suspicious .

The cost factor is a joke as devices like Deep Borehole Inspection systems made by the Chinese are fairly cheap

so a video submersible should no be a big deal ... suitable boats are everywhere ..so whats the deal ?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

The main secret seems to be that nothing new has been done. I suspect they've been back there and what they saw was so unconvincing that they couldn't get anyone to fund it. Several of those pictures appear to be CGI.

Or they got the funding, went back there, completed the sonar scan and got some firsthand new photos from the robot hence the new article. You said it yourself, since they are not funded by the government their findings would not become firstpage news.

These scientists are not even from the U.S, and if they rediscover something that is already known by the U.S Secret Intelligence don´t count on it becoming widely reported in the west. (Fidel castro is not exactly on friendly terms with the U.S, so U.S can´t go there officially to dig or explore, they have to do it top secret, but maybe they know more already, probably alot more).

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

The textures don't look like coral covered stone and do look CGI -- however, it would require someone who was really familiar with graphics to tell for sure.

heres the pic in the article:

heres a pic of an underwater reef

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

***EDITED FOR SPACE***

lol thats from the Atlantic resort
www.atlantis.com...

So was this one:

It would be great if this was true, but it's the same story I've heard about since the 1980's. (some of the pictures are from that time too)

If this was true it would be as cool a discovery as the cave paintings in France. Maybe the next time they (those two Phd holders) check the place out they might take the time to invite some members of the press,a nd maybe bring up an artifact.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Is that reef 2000 feet down and artificially lit ?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Amazing that there are still so many posters in this thread that have never seen an underwater sonar scan before. Yes it´s CGI. Kinda. But it´s still sonar. Why fake that when you could fake the real thing?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by R0CR13

no, but you can see the grainlike texture on the ruins looks like a noise filter with gaussian blur added to it

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
For the video clips that are mentioned in the 2nd video, the link is luismarianofernandez.com... The first one is located at the bottom of the 2nd page, and the other is located at the bottom of the 4th page. At the bottom right of every page is an arrow that will take you to the next page.

I think that the side-scan sonar data looks relatively promising, although the pictures themselves did not impress me much at all. For one, there is not really a sense of scale, and the water is very murky. Another thing is that these straight edges very well could be natural, as far as what was shown in the visible spectrum pictures. I will need more data before I can agree that this is even a city, much less Atlantis.

I have long believed that Atlantis was a real city, but I think the most probable location is on the southern coast of Spain, where there are huge mudflats. There are probably multiple cities, huge cities, beneath those mudflats. This is the best bet, in my opinion, for Atlantis. The city off of the coast of Cuba could be related to an ancient South American culture, as they built pyramids and carved huge stone blocks as well. And the sss images alone are not even proof enough that what is down there is manmade. It sure looks like that could be probable, but not definitive in itself.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
while i dont entirely discredit the claim, nor is any less AWESOME that there may be a pyramid under the ocean. i dont think its atlantis, this is just shwoing a small area, wasnt atlantis a huge island with ring within rings for ships to go from lock to lock.

if an entire island just sank wouldnt it be on a huge mound of land or even have like cliffs . i dont know i dont know much about sinking lands, and i cant really see much here most of the photos are blocked at work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join