It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nullification: 2nd Amendment Saved by 10th Amendment

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It will help if you write your state Rep's asking them what their intent is. I see my state (AR) started an amendment but it went dormant. Just mailed the house speaker asking what the hold up is.
I have already contacted all of my congressmen about 4 times each. and so far have gotten good lip service feed back upholding the constitution.

Fight the Pen WITH THE PEN folks. your voice means alot more on the local level.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by StayAlert1

Rick Crawford is from Arkansas and fully supports the Feinstein bill! See the rules for getting issues on the ballot! Use Wyoming as a template and start gather signatures. Let the people vote nullification into law. Your representatives are gutless! Too much Federal money flows into Arkansas!

If they put medical mary jane on the ballot in AR, gun control nullification should be a breeze! Just a handful of those shops that are seeing an influx of thousands daily could get the needed signatures in a just a few weeks

Thats what you should do, or at least you should kick the idea around to others. Word build bridges and we need to get over the hump we are in!

Also everyone should send a few hundred bucks to the NRA!
edit on 25-1-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

VI. Further infringements on the right to keep and bear arms including prohibitions of type or quantity of arms or ammunition; and That should any such act of Congress become law or Executive Order or Judicial Order be put into force, all powers previously delegated to the United States of America by the Constitution for the United States shall revert to the several States individually.

This, my American friends, is your new weapon of choice - the assault rifles themselves are in fact your sidearms in this matter.. Politics first, discussions & debating, pressing the matter by legal objection with attorneys leading the charge - any sort of armed resistance is a last stand measure, and the rhetoric currently flooding the forums about kicking off with the PTB is, at this stage, a detriment to your cause..

Be aware that reversion from Federal to State-run legal, political & military control systems/networks, will be legally enforceable, should any infringement of the above statement be made by the 'anti-constitution goons' in Washington.

You should ALL be rallying to your elected representatives, and to any and all folk with whom you are well-acquainted, who themselves possess a good relationship with said elected representatives, or who possess good connections within the worlds of industry/economics. Encourage them to lobby the powerful for support, not for financial gain, but for the sake of liberty itself. Encourage them to see the dangers of a disarmed republic. Encourage them to be aware of the dangers - by either action or inaction - of allowing themselves to be complicit with, or be manipulated by, the coordinated activities of the deeply-entrenched-in-private-interests 'boys clubs', 'networks', and 'shady societies' from whom the orders are being passed for the disarmament of the American citizenry. The on-side people of influence must be made aware that there is a bigger 'play' at stake, that the time is now for selfless, as opposed to selfish, courses of action and coordinated group counsel.

In Britain, disarming was circumstantially sensible, with enough loopholes in place to ensure that pockets of liberty could persist in the face of the possibility of tyranny (which thankfully, we do not yet face..) In America, disarmament will ultimately lead to the virtual enslavement of the people, or worse, and in the early stages there is a considerable risk of counter-terror measures being forcefully employed against you as citizens, with unsuspecting military/police going along with it - at least to begin with.

I'm not being deliberately offensive, or trying to induce dissent, but there are some highly 'ethically questionable' people involved in the governance of the US, in the corporate/state interactions, and in the management of military/ police response to civilian disturbances.

It's time for good people to take this new weapon of choice and aim it squarely at those who would seek to cement their domestic power-base by nefarious means. Take the constitutional weapons available & recruit people of influence to 'lobby for liberty', ensuring that none of these deliberately weakening/destabilising moves against the citizenry can be passed without huge public uproar in the face of what will only be interpreted as brazen disregard for the founding principles of the republic.

Turn their own weapons against them; they are not worthy to wield the sword, as they intend to use it against their own people. Therefore take the law, and use it as it was intended to be used, and do it quickly. Less of the violent rhetoric/ misplaced patriotism - rather invest your patriotism in proper recruitment of people with the influence needed to overcome the foreshadows of tyranny..

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by StayAlert1

Using the pen alone will get you nowhere. This is the time for establishing a network of your own - personal interactions; trust, common decency & shared interest. Use the networking tactics they use, and turn their weapons of law & the power of personal influence against them.

Back room shenanigans in Washington are endangering the rest of the USA. Time for the rest of the USA to start up their own back-room 'shenanigans', though crucially rooted in honor & the best interests of the people - for the sake of liberty itself.

A disarmed citizenry is weakened & vulnerable, by the very nature of things, in the face of a tyrannical leadership. The risk of tyranny in the US is much higher than in many other western nations, at this time. In the USA there are too many guns in circulation for this illegal federal move to disarm not to end in horrors upon horrors.

edit on 25-1-2013 by FlyInTheOintment because: layout..

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I hate to burst you bubbles, but since the implementation of the patriot act and the national defense authority act, crucial amendments have been destroyed, specifically amendments 4, 5, 6, and 8. The raids on medical marijuana shops, which are legal to their respective state, violate amendment 10. The 1st amendment is definitely in danger as you can see by the treatment of the OWS movement and the absurdity of having to get a permit to peacefully assemble on wall street or any place within the jurisdiction of the United States. So, I can see why amendment 2 is important to the law abiding citizens.

From my perspective, the current regime of the United States does not in fact respect the constitution. I'd also would wager that their organized acts to be treasonous absolutely.

Article 3, Section 3 states: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Is not systematically nullifying the amendments of the constitution not levying war against the United States?

Just my thoughts on the government(not to be confused with just the current administration, but all of them).

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The entire problem as i see it is we don't have any leaders willing to organize people who want to remain free and force this rogue government back to the Constitution, with extreme prejudice if necessary. So as long as we remain disorganized and separate they can nail the lid down on small areas like cities or states even though what they do is illegal. One leader is all we need.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tmeister182

We need to eliminate the 2 party duopoly. The problem we have in a lack of leadership is due to the choke hold that the 2 party system has on the political field. No one can rise in those ranks without compromising their principles due to the federal money trough being controlled by these 2 parties.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hello all this is me the original poster of the law, I do thank you for seeing what I did, and how important this could be if all states were to pass just this, Here for your information is the whole law: www.gencourt.state.nh.us... Have a wonderful day to everyone. The law is Titled HCR-0006
edit on 25-1-2013 by thunder57 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Also another important piece of info, John Kerry spoke to congress yesterday on his appointment as Sec. Of State. In his speach, towards the end he started talking about the New World order not once but several times, and how our gov`t was trying to be the global leader in forming this. It is very important we all watch and listen very closely to what he has to say because he spells it out in black and white on what their intentions really are for us. It is a real eye opener. They also tried to slip this by us while most of us were at work and would not hear it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thunder57

Hey thunder, do you have a youtube link on that speech by chance.

2nd

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I will try and find it. here it is:www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
More research on this subject of Sec. of. State. and their power. Hours have went into this to try and prove it false but it cannot be , so this is a timeline of events and why so much heat is being directed at Clinton right now. Just read the timeline and follow what is happening. keeping in mind the states that have just passed the harshet gun control measures. The link: www.knowthelies.com.../3778

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Thanks for your well thought out and thought provoking post, the real hurdle is trying to find the poltiticians who are still for the people and hoping that they don't get squelched by the ones aiming at making the country a dictatorship in every sense of the word. My fear is that there are too few people representing us that are morally good people and have the common sense to see what is exactly going on. We are vastly outnumbered but violence is a last resort, we owe it to not only ourselves but the morals the country was built on to exhaust all peaceful means before resorting to violence. Force should only be used when it is clear that it is the last option left.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hopefully you have read the law by now and know how important it really is, in turn I hope you have viewed my posts and also understood the meaning. Now for the final piece of the puzzle. Add to all the the UN charter Agenda 21 on Eminent Domain. and then tie it into the last posting. Understand all you read on this and who pushed it through and how many states have adopted it. This law, HCR-0006 would also help protect us all from this action as well. All I hope is that in just some small way this has helped for understanding on what we are up against. To fight it will take us all, starting on the state level and working its way down. I will let you take it from here and peace be with all of you.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

So very well said, and so very well true, and know I back you on your opinion. This is the reason I post what I do to get people thinking of a smarter way to fight. Our minds are the most powerful weapon, and knowledge is our ammo.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by exitusstatuquo
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

There seems to be a lot of obtuse language in this law you are sighting. I wonder if the law has been given any judicial review in case law? Do you happen to know if this has been challenged in a court of law?

Yes it was famously challenged by people who wanted to keep handguns - and they won.

If you read the article I linked to you will see a link to District of Columbia vs Heller - as I said, the review said that licencing and restricting ownership of automatic weapons IS constitutional.

However requiring people to keep guns disassembled or trigger-locked in their own homes is not because it prevents them from using those weapons for a legal purpose - namely defence of their own property. , and banning all handguns is also unconstitutional:

The handgun ban and the trigger-lock requirement (as applied to self-defense) violate the Second Amendment. The District’s total ban on handgun possession in the home amounts to a prohibition on an entire class of “arms” that Americans overwhelmingly choose for the lawful purpose of self-defense.

But also the 2nd amendment is not limitless -

Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues.

edit on 25-1-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It would be great to have a link to the "official" legislation with a .gov top-level domain name.

.us isn't government so the source cannot be validated as such.

Just saying...anyone can put up a page with a .us top-level domain name.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

I too do not trust Rick C but i have written him 4 times in the last 3 weeks and he states he will not vote in favor of any new gun bans. I also let him know if he does vote against we the people that 90 % of my county will see to it he never holds office again via the ballot.

I also got a response this morning from the AR house speaker regarding the AR FIrearms protection act that was not followed through on. Still a work in progress but i am trying......

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Haven't read all the replies just yet...

Nullification is the right answer to the laws passed by the Federal government in violation of the Constitution. The men who wrote and agreed to the Constitution believed it was implied within the Constitution, and if you look at the states responses to the Alien and Sedition Act, federal fugitive slave laws and medical marijuana you can see that nullification has been an on-going principle throughout the years.

Liberals are currently railing against nullification with regards to federal gun bans and healthcare, yet agree with it on cannabis legalization and medical marijuana. Hypocrisy, thy name is politics.

If you have any questions here is the place to go, answered by the man who wrote the book Nullification, Tom Woods. www.libertyclassroom.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
After reading and seeing what the reactions of the state of NY are to the law there, it might be time to watch what happens. Something tells me that their actions might just set the pace for what is coming and how the fightback will come from the gov`t. As the people fight they will set the stage and might be the new shot heard round the world, this is only my thought and a theory, but it is food for thought.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join