It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Amounts Of Data Can Be Stored In DNA

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The real question is how much useful information can be stored in living beings without causing negative side effects in their development? The next question is whether or not an interface between stored data and the biological and neurological thought processes can be generated. In other words, can genetic memory or training be transmitted? Can a spy agency store a data file in a cloned house cat and transport it across the border? Can a child be born with an innate access to logarithmic tables, trigonometric functions, or awareness of the geometric relationships in the periodic table? Can the history of a species be perpetuated from generation to generation?

After all, DNA is just organic material and a building technique, like plastics, one should not be impressed that it can store material anymore than silicon. But if it can interface with a living being, then the world is on to something.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
My question in regards to this find: when will we start hearing of the huge amounts of information they decode from said info-storing DNA?
With this find comes the implication of past civilizations using this knowledge as a way to preserve history...
This combined with the new find of a third form of magnetism involving crystalline structures definitely makes me question what we know about the crystal skulls and crystals in general...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Of course; that is how the memories of past lives are stored.

for purposes of speculation, now that you mention it this could help to explain déjà vu. Personally i have never experienced déjà vu involving things that were not in existence at the time of a previous generation. You are experiencing a momentary event that a parent or grandparent experienced.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join