It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Gear Rising

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well the demo is finally out on XBLA and on the Playstation store.

I've been waiting a long time for this demo and I have to say it is pretty fun.

It takes the MGS series in a new direction, hack and slash. No sneaking around this time.

For a hack and slash fan it definitely delivers. Plus you can use your blade to cut foes into hundreds of pieces!

If you are into hack and slash games or just the MGS universe in general I advise you to get this demo and start literally dismantling your foes!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Theprimevoyager

Im downloading it as we speak, i cant wait to play it.

Also dead space 3 demo is out

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Downlaoded both of them, yet to play the though.
I'm not a fan of hack n slash games and I could never get into dead space, but should provide 15 mins of entertainment.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I love video games! Never really got around to playing this one though. What is it about?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by XsweetNspiceyX

Well it takes place a few years after the events of MGS4(if you played it).

Basically the world has become flooded with private military companies fighting in conflicts across the globe. Cyborgs are everywhere, used as living weapons more or less.

You are a cyborg yourself(you'd know if you played MGS4 ) named Raiden working for a PMC that basically is trying to rid the world of all the bad PMCs. Though there aren't many details of who the bad guy really is or the ultimate goal of the game.

Raiden was a child soldier and the 'main' character of MGS2: Sons of Liberty. I suggest doing some reading on the MGS series as a whole.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

That description for some reason made me think of Battletech for the genesis. It's also a game based on armored suits corrupt governments. In it you have to travel to different planets and take them down. Get to do things like pick your weapons and get power ups. Never got past the 2nd level tho...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Looking forward to this game only a few weeks left, I would of downloaded the demo they have but I let my younger brother borrow my gaming systems, and he has till this game comes out in February then I will get them back. So I cant comment on the demo, but I seen vids of it, and I got to say it looks like fun. Big fan of anything involving swords, much less swords that can cut through anything, I really dig the system they made were you can go into blade mode in slow motion and cut things to pieces. I have thought for a long time how you can make a blade that can cut through steel and other denser matter, the only thing I can think of is by way of nanotechnology, if you can take carbon atoms and construct and order them at will, and seeing as carbon can be fashioned into one of the hardest things around, ie diamond, well if you can make the edge really thin on a molecular level even on a atomic level and still hold its shape, then that would make for one really sharp edge capable of cutting through dense matter such as iron. Or at least in theory.

But anyways, back to the game.

They even gone and changed raiden to his more darker side then he was in the MGS games, hes not only left his humanity behind but it looks like, in the metal gear games he was slowly sinking and eventually he went full cyborg. But it looks like he may have left his sanity behind as well and gone the darker route, what with the whole Jack persona there implementing. And the bosses they have in this game are really something, its should be a fun fast action packed game.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Not bad, good for a hack n slash.
Not sure of the true usefulness of the sword mode thingy.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Huh? what is this Metal Gear Rising? Never heard of it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
Not bad, good for a hack n slash.
Not sure of the true usefulness of the sword mode thingy.

WTF, not sure...Whats not to be sure of, the whole game play seems to be based around it, and since you can cut through pretty much anything I think its gonna be pretty dam useful.

Found a vid of the demo they have out it's pretty long but shows a lot of the game mechanics.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Always liked the mythos and the gear they had in the metal gear games, even the whole conspiracy in it. And they do put there work into the gadgets that they introduce into the games, even the more futuristic ones there all elements of actual things with a crazy futuristic and stylish twist. Found this vid of the game, and they even have a tetchy sci fi answer which seems to be plausible as to why Raidens sword can cut through even hard substances like metal like it was butter. Its a sort of tuning fork that's made of a metallic structures which is strengthened and has an alternating current running through it hence the cool electricity effect you see in the game, but supposedly supposedly it weakens the particle bonds of whatever it cuts. Sounds plausible? Who knows? It could be done someday, but if it was I think you would literally need cyborg arms just for the strength required to achieve that type of pressure and speed which would help greatly when the thing/sword makes contact because its likely to not so much sever partial bonds as it would fry them and every thing that it comes in contact with, and the speed and power of the initial blow itself would help and accelerate the whole process.

Its a cool concept, even checked online to see and came across a few things. One this patten, seems somebody already thought on how to break apart chemical bonds by using alternating currents or high voltage electrical discharges, though from the pdf the whole thing is a reactor type core were they just pump in matter or gasses and just zap the whole thing with an electrical current specific in frequency to whatever elements are in that core/chamber mostly gases it seems. Its totally different then the whole high frequency blade in the game, but it uses the same sort of concepts.
archpatent on process of breaking chemical bonds

Also if something like this hits flesh or the human body it can literally and since the human body is mostly water vaporize it or literally turn things into steam as it cuts through, not that you would need it but still. In fact you could even probably make a gun like that, you know something that shoots a bullet only once it enters the body it explodes and discharges a high voltage at specific ranges to the water molecules trapped inside the body, and it not only can do lots of damage but it could probably and literally vaporize a human body just by targeting the water molecules there in which are everywhere they are in your blood stream, and in every cell that make's up the body it can literally burst them open or disintegrate them and seeing as the human body is like 60% or so water its like something out of a movie. Talk about the whole sci fi thing were aliens invade and vaporize, or the explode humans with there space photon guns. Pew, Pew, wosh, boom.
water/magnetic/Electrolysis

new topics

top topics

join