It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Know yourself. Fix yourself. Enjoy yourself already!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Your whole day, your whole life and the direction it takes are directed and experiences by your thoughts and feelings. While you are working to pay the bills doing some laborous or undesired task, it's your thoughts and feelings with you the whole time making the difference whether you enjoy or even understand what you're doing or why you think or feel you should be doing it. If you have a physical job you have the benefit of a body that is increasingly more awake, blood is flowing good, it takes focus off your physical stress from your mind that doesn't need it, it's not interesting to you even, it's just there to remind you that you're not having a very good time. But perhaps there is something to learn? That is why I write this.

You see what happens when you don't maintain your body. You've likewise seen pictures of body transformations. The muscley, the slim, the beautiful and fit becomes the fat, bloated, diseased, tired and worn. We're pretty aware of this as a race and culture i'd say and some of us go to extreme lengths to maintain the body.

But why not the mind? Is it because we don't see the results? Or are we too stubborn to notice? Is our brain too polluted with chemicals, deprived of nutrients that our mind is barely aware of itself?

Friends, work on your mind. Your thoughts and feelings are with you all the time, study them, work on them. Why? Well because different goals aside we all want to be happy right??

I don't always meditate, but i make a point of studying habits and unpleasant experiences. To this day I can honeslty say i am a really really genuinely happy person, and i'm only 26 years old. I truly feel life only gets more enjoyable from here, because I know why I was unhappy before. Sometimes it's less an external change and more an internal change but a good balance of both guided by your clear self awareness is a sure path to a good life, because you know what a good life is to you.

Don't let your mind get fat, diseased, broken and lost. Assume you have one life, take it further and you have only this very moment to choose how to live. I choose to make it good, cuz I keep learning what good is to me.

Peace. I feel your pain for being born a human with a unique personality, surrounded by fools who are in the same boat as you. They wish they could do better too but they don't know what that is yet. No need to fight or judge, it makes you miserable anyway so stop doing that even for the sake of looking after number one. We all gotta get a hold of ourselves and show our support.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Some people who are spiritually inclined become a bit fat on their stomach (at least me)
. But then since food becomes so taste full and sitting still just being, is so nice I have a hard time not relaxing and being a bit lazy on my spare time.

The Buddha figures are normally a fat extremely happy person

But yes thinking and seeking within,experiencing and loving is something we all should do.
edit on 23-1-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yeah, what's up with that? I've noticed that even though I've cut way down on excess food, ever since I've taken a more spiritual path my darn belly is bigger.

Damn Buddha Belly.

LOL.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Really, question to some is how deep do you want to go. Iv'e gone all the way. Life is magic.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Bigger the belly the more love you can hold!
According to some buddhist lol

top topics

join