It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sneaky Scum Doctor Probes Teen about Guns in Home- While Parents Out of Room

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Since when is it a doctors right to know if you have a gun in the house? Do they need to know if you have knives next and what kind? How about a cross bow? Or a hatchet? I mean all those things can be used to kill people. A doctor asking if you have guns in your house is irrelevant to their job and none of their darn business!

This is not good and it's only going to get worse. This whole gun craze is getting a bit ridiculous. I mean this is 2013 for heavens sake!!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This question isn't being asked so they can discuss gun safety, it's being asked to nose into the parent's lives.

Considering children can have access to guns at a relatives or friend's house, why not discuss it anyway?

Also, if it was to discuss gun safety with the parents - why didn't they ask the parent. The article said they were out of the room, so how would it be discussed?

The real reason is to establish a record of who has a gun.

"For the safety of children", the doctor is REQUIRED to report a dangerous home life.

All the kid has to say is he is being bullied (or the parents sometimes fight/are anti-government ect) and there are guns at home. You bet this is going to get reported for the "kid's safety". Once that happens there is now no privacy.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

Yes, it has nothing to do with safely. It is for tracking purposes.

I mean honestly, does someone think doctors are going to do anything with the information personally or as a practice? No, but they are compiling a database that is federal property through Obamacare.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This also starts to open the door for them to start asking questions about your lifestyle. Why is that a big deal? Because they can then do things like charge you more for insurance if you eat foods that are bad for you, don't exercise and so on.

With the Obamacare precedent, they can claim that people who don't follow "government guidelines" for a healthy lifestyle are putting a strain on society and on the healthcare system. That sort of thing. And of course, they can call it child abuse if you're not feeding the kid what they think you should and so on.

Yes. They can also build a database for all the gun owners but I think they're always looking to turn these types of opportunities into virtual Swiss Army Knives.

edit on 23-1-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

And that is the key, Obamacare, finally this comes out, I thank you for that as everybody will be forced into health care regardless of income, digital records will expand, it is easier to create a database of anything like that, just a few strokes in a key board and statistics can be gathered by doctors and patients "confidentiality" that will not be anymore as this records will be tracked by private entities and they will be able to link "treatments" , "gun holders" and criminal, domestic and police records holders

So easy to do.

Then think, if you onw a gun and have to renew your license, could be denied because is a link between your medical treatments, perhpas needed some xanax or paxil, even that fibromalgia medication, had some violence because you happen to disagree when the police officer issue you a ticket that one time back in 30 years ago.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with the doctor asking these kinds of questions, especially if it is in the interest of the childs welfare.

Besides, if the parents do own guns, and aren't doing anything illegal/harmful with them, what's the issue?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with the doctor asking these kinds of questions, especially if it is in the interest of the childs welfare.

Besides, if the parents do own guns, and aren't doing anything illegal/harmful with them, what's the issue?

Uhh.....it's known in the states as the 4th ammendment. This would fall under an unlawful search IMO. Ohh, and that "if you aren't doing anything wrong" crap has been pushed since ancient rome.

How about if you have evidence of anything ...get a d@#$ warrant?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

If you wanted to search someones premises, yeah, but since when was asking questions illegal? Does that not fall under your 1st amendment? Free speech? Or do the amendments only count when you deem it ok?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
It's the job of the pediatrician to look out for the overall well being and safety of the child.

Uh no. It's the pediatrician's job to practice medicene, not to use a child as an informant or use his position of authority as an MD to violate the privacy of a family by obtaining superfulous and irrelevant information on their gun ownership. The safety of the child is the responsibility of the parents, not the state, and certainly not the doctor you pay to cure your medical ailments... unless I woke up in Russia this morning.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

But of course, it really isn't. It's in the interest of Big Brother wanting to know if you have a gun.

Here we go again, huh? "If you're not doing anything wrong, why do you care if the government is spying on you?".

I'll bite.

Because it's creepy. The same way it's creepy if some weirdo is staring at your kids on the playground. He's not actually doing anything so why should you care?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

Because that weirdo staring at your kids could be a pedophile, that IS creepy, a doctor whose job is looking after the best interests and welfare of your child certainly isn't creepy. You can't even compare the two.

This whole big brother stuff is nonsense too, a lot of crimes could be avoided with a little heads up. The worst part of it is, the same people who cry "big brother" are usually the first ones to ask questions when a crime is committed.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

reply to post by BrianFlanders

Because that weirdo staring at your kids could be a pedophile, that IS creepy, a doctor whose job is looking after the best interests and welfare of your child certainly isn't creepy.

Well, there are a lot of people who believe an overbearing government is just as creepy as a potential pedophile.

The vast majority of guns are owned by responsible, law abiding people. So you are trying to justify this because of a minority of irresponsible criminals. That doesn't fly.

You can't even compare the two.

Yes you can. You just don't want to because your sympathies apparently lie with Big Brother style government.

This whole big brother stuff is nonsense too, a lot of crimes could be avoided with a little heads up.

Rumor has it this excuse has been used before. More than once. It would be nonsense if it hadn't.
edit on 23-1-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
at least my generation learned early on ... NUNYA means NUNYA and perhaps it's time this generation learns it too ... none ya dang business means just that.

actually, any parent who leaves their child alone with one of these 'professionals' isn't too bright to begin with, but, if you've gonna leave them to fend for themselves, at least give them some ammunition (pun intended)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Nope. Sorry, that's the effect of a human, not the gun.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64

Nope. Sorry, that's the effect of a human, not the gun.

Drug overdose, or accidental ingestion of a dangerous chemical, are also effects of a human, not the drug.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Stop being so childish. The rest of the world can get rid of its government, too - without weapons. Just look at the former German Democratic Republic. Completely overthrew their government, not a single shot needed. Why do you think that it would have to be different in the USA?

First off, no you can't.

Second, you don't seem to understand. What is the relevance of asking if the parents own guns? I'd like to know what answer the kid gave, did the woman have guns? You have to understand that guns are banned in Chicago. So that doctor was looking to get someone arrested.

edit on 23-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Wroong.
The mother in the Sandy Hook case didn't keep her guns locked up AND she had a mentally ill child in her home. She made a big mistake there. With 150,000,000 + guns in this country, I would say that those incidences are pretty rare. They are on a rise, but that has more to do with drugs and the media pushing those stories so heavy. It's not like we haven't had these same guns for 50 years.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

The mother in the Sandy Hook case didn't keep her guns locked up AND she had a mentally ill child in her home. She made a big mistake there.

Thank you for making my case for me
That's exactly what I meant. And maybe the doctor in the original link (which very few of us read since it's locked) wanted to find out if the kid is OK in that respect, too.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianFlanders

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by DAVID64
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Do you live here? Are you planning to live here? If no to both, it's really none of your business is it?

This was not addressed to me, and yes, I do live "here", but I need to say: what a brilliant openness to opinions! What freedom of discussion! What warmth of the american character!

People who do not live here (and yet seem to be aggressively encouraging oppression of all kinds in other countries) are doing a little more than just expressing a harmless opinion.

I certainly hope so! It may just happen that they offer out-of-the-box, different perspective opinion that will enrich your view of the world. Or help you in a different way. Giving up alcohol, for an alcoholic, is close to impossible without intervention from friends. And no, I don't think for a second that he offered "oppression". I detect paranoia on your part.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Why are so many people so accepting of this? The argument that this is just one of many questions is (it's really hard not to use something derogatory here, but I'm trying to not contribute to the name-calling) nonsensical. It's a way to make the question seem innocuous and medically relevant. It is not under any circumstances medically relevant. If these doctors want to promote gun safety for children then they can petition schools or city council to pursue some method of teaching children gun safety and responsible possession/use of firearms. But it is NOT their job to collect information on gun ownership from children. They aren't asking if their are swords, or other collectible weapons in the home, they aren't asking if kitchen cutlery is properly stored. They have no more right or need to ask this question then a cashier at the checkout of the local superstore. Would those of you who are ok with a doc asking this feel the same if you were asked in checkout at the grocery line?

Someone asked how this question is medically relevant and was answered Sandy Hook. Really? Possession of firearms in the home now automatically presupposes someone will acquire said firearms and go shoot up a school? Fear and emotion and the need to "feel" safe have completely eroded many peoples common sense. I encourage those who feel the need to sacrifice our privacy and liberties so that they can feel safe to form like minded bubble cities where they can impose all the nonsensical freedom culling laws they so desire to make them completely safe and leave those of us who are capable of accepting that the cost of freedom is that we won't be completely safe to live our lives with our liberties intact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join