It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA help this captive!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
its been on the news for a few days. a local man doing a humanitarian service over seas is facing execution. it has been almost 3 months since hits abduction. i have heard no news cast besides local stations talk about this. this is an AMERICAN civilian on a humanitarian mission about to leave his family behind. the USA must act to protect our own, and to set a bar for how Americans well be treated when unarmed over seas.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by I1Am1Ready1Are1You
its been on the news for a few days. a local man doing a humanitarian service over seas is facing execution. it has been almost 3 months since hits abduction. i have heard no news cast besides local stations talk about this. this is an AMERICAN civilian on a humanitarian mission about to leave his family behind. the USA must act to protect our own, and to set a bar for how Americans well be treated when unarmed over seas.

I hope this guy finds his way home safely.

Having said that...

Maybe they can set the bar by advising all Americans to stay out of other peoples countries...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by I1Am1Ready1Are1You

That sounds pretty sad but for some of us who haven't seen it on the news, who the hell are you talking about?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

i will watch for his name, and post it when i see it. i could not find anything online.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Sad news indeed.

I did a Google search and did not come up with anything, any links to this story please?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by I1Am1Ready1Are1You

Which local news did you hear about this story from?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by I1Am1Ready1Are1You

Is this the story you are referring to?

As this is being written, Saeed Abedini, an American citizen and evangelical pastor, sits in an Iranian jail awaiting his trial. The expected ruling is death, for charges which are presumed to be related to his Christian faith. The State Department, which works closely with the Organization of Islamic Cooperation to stamp out “intolerance” and “Islamophobia” against Muslims in America, has been virtually silent about Mr. Abedini’s predicament in Iran, one of the member states of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation.

Thirty-two-year-old Saeed Abedini was raised in Iran as a Muslim. At age 20 he converted to Christianity and subsequently became an evangelical pastor. He married a U.S. citizen, and is now a U.S. citizen himself. He and his wife have two children, ages 4 and 6.
www.washingtontimes.com

I wouldn't exactly call running an underground church in a country hostile to Christianity a "humanitarian mission", but to each their own.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I think this is what you were looking for OP :

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Oops, you beat me to it

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Another source never hurts! (Besides we don't even know if this is what the op is referring to
)

As always, the media has conflicting stories. Your source states he went back to set up an orphanage with the government's backing. And it states he does not know what he's charged with.

Another source I found stated this:

Naghmeh Abedini has been told by attorneys for her husband, Saeed, to expect the worst at Monday's trial, where the 32-year-old husband and father faces the capital charge of compromising national security.
reason.com

No idea which version is correct!!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Found this source too which seems to be a little bit more comprehensive : www.abovetopsecret.com...

This phrase below may bring some light :

Iran's Revolutionary Court is not exactly transparent, so it's not known what precise charges Abedini will face, said Tiffany Barrans, international legal director for the American Center for Law and Justice, a Washington, D.C.-based attorney group that uses litigation to press for religious and speech freedom. But Barrans said it was Abedini's background as an organizer of house churches in Iran that has angered the government, and for which he will be tried. Christianity, she said, is regarded in official Iranian circles as a security threat because it can entice young people away from Islam, which is Iran's official religion.

So... Unfortunately everyone will have to wait until Monday to really hear the "truth" i guess? Never even heard of this story over here in France until OP started the thread... Yayyy ATS, way to go....

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Sorry this is the correct link, i must have clicked on the wrong thingummy jig.... many apologies
www.worldwatchmonitor.org...

edit on 23-1-2013 by Rodinus because: Incorrect link

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Cases like this, all over the world, should never have passive public. All the leaders conspire like in Bildenberg.

All citizens should immediately write to their representatives to get the guy out ASAP, or they are fired. And they should be always citizens watchdogs with teeth who have a long history of the majority, hitting their buttons and alerting things as urgent, ie all life and death of anyone is urgent, and they withhold all public funds and freeze all leaders pensions until they do what they are to do.

Zero corruption allowed in any leadership anywhere or the UN which would also be watched by very active citizens with big teeth and muscles.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
For me it is a perfect example of why religion and politics should never be inter mixed. Fair play to him for having so much belief in faith that he has the courage to stand by his convictions but, at the end of the day, it was never going to end well was it? Even a fully paid up member of "window lickers anonymous" could have seen that one coming........
edit on 23-1-2013 by Flavian because: spelling

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

this is the story indeed, good job. and thank you.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I'm a Christian and I say.. Let this guy ROT in jail.

This is in the News again because of the white house press release claiming to work for this guys release.. www.foxnews.com...

and probably has a lot to do with his wife making a lot of noise about it.. she thought the US gove wasn't doing enough. www.foxnews.com...

The problem i have with this is they KNOW they are in a Muslim country who is harsh on Christians - then they act shocked when this guy gets arrested.and scream for the US Gov to help him out..

The wife claims he didn't break any Iranian laws - this I find hard to believe because Muslim Extremest Laws are like that.. It's a double standard the US is sending here. The US imprisons people for their beliefs under The Patriot Act just like this guy is being detained.

I agree it's sad and sucks but these people took the risk. They knew what they were getting into. Render under Ceaser what is Ceasers.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm going to convict this guy for being an idiot.

It's like a KKK Grand Wizard preaching his message in Harlem (Illegal? No, Stupid? Yes). No real pity for the guy. And with a family to boot? Seriously?

Still, the US government is tasked with protecting its citizens, even when they are as stupid as this one, and should at least try and intervene.

edit on 4-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Define Humanitarian... What we see as a Humanitarianism others see as Terrorism, what makes this guy any different? Where does the buck stop?

I'm sorry this is happening to this person. As a American does my thoughts go out to him, *meh*??? As a "Person/Human" Yes.

As a Humanitarian? NO, Look how far being a Humanitarian has taken America? We "HELP" When nobody wants our help.

Be a Humanitarian to your neighbors and stay in the states, practice what you preach and don't push your idealistic views on people who could care less if your burned/hung/beheaded/electrified/stoned/trampled/the list goes on.

Reading my post I sound like a ass.... And i'm ok with that

top topics

join