It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens to Export Nuclear Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Houston we have a Big problem....

Report: N.Korea Told U.S. It Will Export Nukes

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - North Korea threatened during talks in Beijing to export nuclear arms and to add to its arsenal, The Washington Times reported on Wednesday.

Li nk

For all of you who have underestimated N.Korea 9/11 will look like a walk in the park if Mr. Osama gets his hands on a Bomb. My whole grip with the War on Iraq was that there were Bigger threats out there than Iraq.

If bush would of said we are going after N.Korea and will deal with Iraq later I would of understood becasue as you can see their the bigger threat. But the reason he attacked Iraq is because he knew we could win. If we attacked N.Korea it would of been a real WAR. Mabey he's waiting until after the 2004 elections?!?!?

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This is the reason we went after Saddam, and we went there first because of his closer ties with the terrorists and because he'd be an easier target with which to deal.

Don't get too awefully bent out of shape because they say they'll export. There are most likely less obvious reasons they do such crazy things. Maneuvering tactics in debate, etc.

Estragon could probably shed some light on that. Would the good professor drop by and give us some insight?

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
(a) there can be no equation of NK and Iraq - if only because there's no UN context for NK.
(b) it remains to be seen if NK actually has anything that will take to the skies.
(c) established NK technique is to have one spokesman say "x" and another later says "not X - we never said X"
(d) to whom would they "export" this stuff? Only Iran springs to mind and that's rather unlikely

This is bluff and counter-bluff and the original text on the link brings new meaning to "hopelessly vague"
I see this as the US Stae Dept. upping the ante but with a view to pressure on China rather than NK. The only country on earth that could take out NK and nopt give a second thought to casualties is China. They could do it bloodlessly just by economics.
China will not, of course, do this. China most prefers the status quo as a bigger united Korea would be a greater economic threat; but that's actually more of a problem for Japan.
I'd stress again and again that China is not and has not been a friend of NK -always in the Soviet sphere and now in nobody's sphere.
Expect NK denial soon.

new topics

join