It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan got flu shot from Dr. Oz last week.. Now has the flu

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Us military folk are required to get it every year. Refusing to do so is grounds for discharge.

The only side effects I get are about 24 hours of flu-like symptoms, and that's it. Oh and of course an achy arm.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
You guys do realize that just because you are vaccinated it doesn't mean you aren't going to get the disease?

Vaccines reduce your chance of dying and contracting it in the first place. Key word reduce.

I got the vaccine but still got mumps. Does this mean the vaccine doesn’t work?

A: The MMR vaccine is very effective against measles, mumps, and rubella, but it is not perfect. MMR vaccine reduces the risk of getting mumps, especially if you get two doses. People who have received two doses of the MMR vaccine are about 9 times less likely to get mumps than unvaccinated people who have the same exposure to mumps virus. However, some people who received two doses of MMR can still get mumps, especially if they have an intense exposure to the mumps virus. If they do get mumps, people who have been vaccinated are likely to have less severe illness than unvaccinated people with mumps.

Before there was a vaccine against mumps, mumps was a common childhood disease in the United States, and in some cases, the disease caused complications, such as permanent deafness in children and, occasionally, swelling of the brain (encephalitis), which can result in death, although very rarely. Now, there are normally only a few hundred cases of mumps every year. However, outbreaks occur sometimes and involve a higher number of cases. In 2006, there was an outbreak affecting more than 6,000 people in the United States, with many cases occurring on college campuses. In 2009, an outbreak started in a close-knit religious communities and schools in the Northeast, resulting in more than 2,500 cases. These outbreaks have shown that when people who are sick with mumps have close contact with a lot of other people (such as among students living in dormitories and students and families in close-knit communities) mumps can spread even among vaccinated people.

The MMR vaccine also protects against measles and rubella (German measles). Before there was a vaccine to protect against these diseases, millions of people got measles every year, and hundreds died. Now in the United States, less than 100 people get measles each year. Before the MMR vaccine, rubella was also a common infection in the United States. As part of a worldwide epidemic, in the United States in 1964-65, 20,000 babies were born with serious birth defects because their mothers were infected with rubella. Now in the United States, cases of rubella and its related birth defects are extremely rare. For both measles and rubella, cases in the United States usually occur when people bring the disease in from other countries and spread it to other people who haven’t been vaccinated.

www.cdc.gov...

When enough people are vaccinated it stops the breakout of a pandemic. It also reduces the chance anyone will catch the disease.

If Polio was still going around...NONE of you would go without taking the vaccine. The only reason anti-vaccine people exist nowadays is because there aren't viruses going around paralyzing and killing people on a mass level in 1rst world countries. This creates a false sense of security.

And I'm not saying to trust every vaccine or anything. Just make sure to do the research.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
People are still surprised that there are more than three strains of flu every year?
A lot of vaccine advocates even seem to think that those three are the only ones floating around and that anyone who gets sick post-shot must only be feeling down in the dumps from the after-effects.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This is the best news I've heard all day! I hope he sharts himself from all the sneezing and coughing.

MOTF!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by lazernation
If he has influenza, I doubt very much he'll be working for a few days. Did they interview him from his bedroom when he complained of flu?

He probably has a head cold if he's working. Different thing, innit.

Indeed. I've had a pretty nasty cold since friday. I've still been able to go about my business, albeit slower than normal and feeling pretty damn sorry for myself.

I've had colds that affected me very little and colds that could make me feel like hell. But nothing compared to the actual Flu, which i've only ever had once and never want again, no sir.

edit on 23-1-2013 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have tried to find some proof like actual statement saying he has the flu and not a cold, but I have not found anything. Other than he has had a Flu shot from Dr. Oz.

Please show me something stating he has the flu and not just a bad cold...
edit on 23-1-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
he needs to get the other shots now.. go get em piers. take about 5 more lol

have some flouride while ur at it.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

It takes a minimum of two weeks for the body to build up enough anti-bodies from the vaccine to be effective in preventing the flu. That is assuming that the strain you are exposed to is one covered by the vaccine. If Morgan came down with the flu within a week of getting the flu shot it is more than likely he had already been exposed prior to his vaccination.

I don't generally get the flu shot; only if I am working with the ill or elderly. I like many of you don't really feel like being a guinea pig. Now that said, why the hell are so many of you mean and ugly. Yes you have a right to disagree with Morgan's opinions, but why would you wish illness and death on him? You really are rather awful and should be ashamed of yourselves. Just remember, Karma is bitch.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The flu shot takes up to 14 days to take effect. he could have easily contracted the flu before the shot took effect. I get one every year. Don't care if anyone else does or not, but it has never been claimed to be 100 percent effective against every flu strain out there.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarsky

It takes a minimum of two weeks for the body to build up enough anti-bodies from the vaccine to be effective in preventing the flu. That is assuming that the strain you are exposed to is one covered by the vaccine. If Morgan came down with the flu within a week of getting the flu shot it is more than likely he had already been exposed prior to his vaccination.

Or, if I was paying attention, I would have just recommended this post before typing my own right underneath!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Now he doesn't only have the flu, he has a weakened immune system filled with toxins, with which to fight it. BRAVO.

Now tell him to kick the Dr. off the stage and put on some folks that can mix up a few good healthy meals, chock full of vitamins, especially chlorophyll-filled greens and maybe take a liposomal vitamin C pill while there, and show the world that THIS is how you let the body take care of itself.

Pharma companies will LOVE it.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I haven't had one but maybe once in my life, if that?
I have had the flu, MAYBE 3-5 times in 27 years.

When swine flu was hitting this area, I said, "meh," I had no vaccine, and I had no swine flu.
edit on 23-1-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Poetic justice always requires a star and flag. It couldn't have happened to a more infamous person. LOL Go away Piers!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I hope he's the first zombie I encounter!

I don't get the flu vaccine, my wife don't, and my kids don't. I would never ask someone to put such a thing into their body. I wouldn't trust the U.S. government, or their friends, as far as I could kick'em.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarsky

I don't generally get the flu shot; only if I am working with the ill or elderly. I like many of you don't really feel like being a guinea pig. Now that said, why the hell are so many of you mean and ugly. Yes you have a right to disagree with Morgan's opinions, but why would you wish illness and death on him? You really are rather awful and should be ashamed of yourselves. Just remember, Karma is bitch.

meh i dont get the flu and i dont get any flu shots. the only times i ever got the flu was after the flu shot that was forced on us in school.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I think this is also a manifestation of a LESSON that Piers is supposed to pick up on. I mean everything is a lesson but here, I sense that Piers needed to learn something, about maybe promoting what is and is not actually good for society and WE the people.

That's just a vibe I picked up.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Flu? That is usualy nothing, the standard types, most people can stand it staying on their legs.
I was vaccined against Variola Vera, when was a child, and against I am not sure what, many of, during my school days, and in army. Until my 19-20.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Obsrvr

So you want him to die because he disagrees with you?

Good God you poor soul. Grow up.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Too bad it should have been some sort of extreme hormones changing shot...turn piers into pippy. That way his B&M and the 2nd amendment drama will be justified

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
1. There are two flu strains going around right now.

2. It takes two weeks for the flu shot to be effective.

Nothing to see here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join