It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Hot Girl In A Hilarious And Great Pro-Gun(Defense) Advertisement

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku

She felt threatened and grabbed her weapon.

why would she feel the need to get a gun?
somebody knocked on her dorr that's all that happened.
ok i wouldnt answer the door either, but i certainly wouldnt consider shooting them

She didn't shoot..Someone knocked on her door two times with no one there so she put her gun by her side. When the guy broke the door in she was raady, but then the movie went like this for me...

Face
Ass
Face
Ass
Face
Gun
Ass
Gun
Ass
Face
Gun
Ass

That is what I got out of it...think I'll go get another Glock...

edit on 22-1-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Sarah Pailin Approves

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

ok i wouldnt answer the door either, but i certainly wouldnt consider shooting them

Would your thought have changed, if you knew what the intent was of the criminal?

I don't think "hugs" is a viable option........

This is why I say the message isn't complete. People should be able to recognize this message instantly; she was alone and did not "shoot from the hip". Instead, she was responsible and had a firearm that protected her. It is the only reason why I say a short cut-away to her dialing 9-11 would have made the message appeal to a broader audience. Everything else stays the same.

She is okay because she had the protection she is dutifully and responsibly to have.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

edit on 22-1-2013 by neo96 because: never mind

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I think it accurately reflects the paranoid fantasy most gun owner live their lives in.

Everyone is out to get them...and a gun makes them feel like Rambo.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

I think it accurately reflects the paranoid fantasy most gun owner live their lives in.

Truly spoken like someone has no knowledge of firearms whatsoever the first thing gun owners will tell anyone is FORGET EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER WATCHED IN HOLLYWOOD MOVIES they are devoid of facts.

But hey that snip sure makes for some "good" hyperbole.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Ugly chicks don't need guns.

I think that's the message.

Hahaahahahahahahaha. That made my day.

On topic, everyone needs a gun. Everyone.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

and R. Lee Ermey is the Ambulance tech most Americans want to see......

See how Generalizing a commercial looks?

Accurately?

Please.....

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Truly spoken like someone has no knowledge of firearms whatsoever the first thing gun owners will tell anyone is FORGET EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER WATCHED IN HOLLYWOOD MOVIES they are devoid of facts.

But hey that snip sure makes for some "good" hyperbole.

The fact is that this commercial uses fear and paranoia to attempt to sell guns.

Do you deny that?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Oh like the current adminstration marching children on stage and using fear to pass draconian laws?

Right?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Beautiful, hot, exceptionally well proportioned.....

The Glock 19, I mean.

The girl was pretty hot too...
edit on 22-1-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Call the police are you serious?
And then what. Wait the 30 mins it would take them to respond to your call?
By that time she's raped or dead or both.

The police are not there to protect you. If by chance they do then great job. But that's impossible for them to do.
They are there to investigate your murder and try to bring the guy that killed you to justice.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The fact is that this commercial uses fear and paranoia to attempt to sell guns.

Do you deny that?

Yes, I deny it. I doubt these people sold a single gun due to this ad, though they may have raised their own profile a bit. Most men and many women who saw this ad would laugh at it. Can you imagine a grown macho hoodlum fainting at the sight of a small girl with a gun? It's ludicrous. Then to have Gunny show up in the ad is a real treat. Overall the major theme of the ad is humor. People will remember it by saying, "Hey! I saw Gunny in a Glock ad!"

But there's some good information, too. They illustrated a gun safe that was fast to get into in the dark, yet protected the gun and anyone else from getting to it. Everyone should have one. They showed proper stance and hand placement as well as the "finger off the trigger' rule. And they showed how you can defend yourself instead of waiting 30 minutes for the cops to come recover your body.

She was obviously well-trained, and that's a key point and where I would fault the ad. A firearm is not like a point & shoot camera. It would have been a bit better if they had showed her load a magazine and chamber a round, which is not easy on a Glock. It would have showed off her expertise a little better. I can't say I would have kept a loaded Glock with a round chambered like that in the safe, but maybe that's just me.

A Glock 19 though? It's only a 9mm. How about a Glock 23? It has a liitle more power. Or maybe a shotgun. But hey, no fair! It was a Glock ad after all.
edit on 1/23/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
She wasn't really that hot either... Seriously I could have looked better in that ad..

It just didn't pop for me.. Guess i'm getting too old who knows..

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Another propaganda ad. This one I can understand though. Advertising.

My question is, when did she call the cops? What I got from this ad was that you don't need the cops until after you've handled the situation. A REAL person would have called 911 first and then went for their firearm.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I think the 2nd girl in the 2nd video was hotter, especially when she sprayed bullets through that window. Awesome!

Seriously, though, good vids.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Another propaganda ad. This one I can understand though. Advertising.

My question is, when did she call the cops? What I got from this ad was that you don't need the cops until after you've handled the situation. A REAL person would have called 911 first and then went for their firearm.

I think you are correct in a way and that was the gist of my posts earlier in this thread. The premise is a good one with the fatal flaw that I and you have pointed out (purely speaking from an advertising stand-point). Other than that it had all the hallmarks of displaying a responsible gun-owner (biometric gun-safe, she didn't go blasting when he walked in, she didn't shoot first-answer questions later) and only missed the part of at showing her with a phone.

It would have reached a wider audience and more praise I believe from the more middle-of-the-road gun owners.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Call the police are you serious?
And then what. Wait the 30 mins it would take them to respond to your call?
By that time she's raped or dead or both.

The police are not there to protect you. If by chance they do then great job. But that's impossible for them to do.
They are there to investigate your murder and try to bring the guy that killed you to justice.

Go back and read what I wrote....you obviously have a comprehension problem or saw "call police" and took a knee-jerking convulsion of spastic fingers....

If you want, I can quote you what I wrote but I don't encourage laziness.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Man. you got a S&F out of me at " hot girl & pro-gun"!! That's a mighty fine looking firearm she's weilding. wink, wink.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by sonnny1

Would your thought have changed, if you knew what the intent was of the criminal?

I don't think "hugs" is a viable option........

This is why I say the message isn't complete. People should be able to recognize this message instantly; she was alone and did not "shoot from the hip". Instead, she was responsible and had a firearm that protected her. It is the only reason why I say a short cut-away to her dialing 9-11 would have made the message appeal to a broader audience. Everything else stays the same.

She is okay because she had the protection she is dutifully and responsibly to have.

I think the video was also trying to convey the point that sitting back and dialing 9-11 is akin to bending over a table with your pants down. An armed thug at the door isn't going to wait the average 8 minute response time to kick the door in, he's going to do it within seconds of you hearing him. Leaving your post to grab the phone can and most likely WILL endanger you. Go for the gun first, call the cops AFTER he's down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join