It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast Guard member shows up after missing for 3+ months

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

WTF!!!!

"His wife was out bicycling and was injured after being hit by a car...later she allegedly commits suicide with a gunshot to the head...and now this"

was this before or after he went missing?

sounds like they tried to make them disapear. tried to whack her once, she lived, then went in to finish her off, suicide with a shotgun is pretty hardcore and then he disapears for 3 months... what did the wife do for work?

if he went missing afterwards, then i dunno, death of a loved one can send you over the edge, well unless you live in newtown.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

No it's not against the law to be missing, but wasting police time most certainly is.

And they used a LOT of resources looking for him, so naturally the police and CG would want a good reason why he didn't come forwards sooner.

The police seem to be sweeping this under the rug, or maybe they have been told to.

They searched land/sea for a couple months and I'm sure the family thought he was dead but I guess that's not a crime.

I think they could make him pay/fine him for the search depending on the circumstances but I think BigfootNZ got it right, this guy's been through a lot.

He probably got meds for depression when his buddies got killed. After his wife's accident/suicide he most likely upped his dosage/self-medicated.

I still wonder where he's been?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Here is an article reporting on Russell Matthews' wife's accident. Her two children were with here:

Claire Russell accident

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Maybe the dude just cracked man, and just left. It'd be odd the way he left but it's possible.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

nice find thanks for the link

from that link

Matthews was riding her bicycle near Ke Waena Road, in Pupukea, with her two children behind her in a two-wheel trailer when a Nissan sedan driven by a 44-year-old Hale'iwa woman veered into the bike lane and hit her head-on, police said.

Matthews was thrown from the bicycle, hit the car's windshield and rolled onto the shoulder of the highway, suffering critical head injuries, police said. Her two children in the trailer were pushed by the car for 80 feet until the car came to a stop.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I just think its weird that, not only did he remarry so "soon" after his wife's suicide, but that he also disappeared even sooner after getting remarried. Im thinking he just cracked.

Suicide does some effed up things the psyches of those closest to the deceased. A serious car accident, a suicide, getting remarried all in the span od three and a half years, then being told you may lose your job for smoking marijuana ( of all things).

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

Ok his old wife. Humm where to start. Ok not everyone is cool with getting involved. It realy takes the kindof people truly good people would want to stay away from. What i have been running into anyway. Ok basicly they had plans for this guy way in advanced. Its how it is done hard to explain just think about it. The wife would not or was willing to be part of it. Its an encircling of your life. If his wife was truly loyal to him. They would of had to go after her first. And drove her crazy. I have not actuly heard of them wacking anyone. But they will cetainly do there best to drive you crazy for sure some cant handle it and commitment suicide. I belive they tryes to get his wife to leave him thru there tatics. And she was so into him she offed herself. And all this playing into it. If he figured it out would of defintly sent him over the edge. My last 3 girlfriends and one became my wife where involved. I will never get involved with there women again. They have this free love ideas. And dont even let you in on it. Its a everyone does what ever no questions no problems community. I refeuse to not have sayso in a relationship. To bad manny people are mixed up in this and dont even know it. Trust your guts people. It is in fact crazyer then your mind will alow you to accept.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

what happend to the woman driving the car, what was her name, where /who did she work for?

its obviously happend and been a while do we have the name of the driver yet? i mean she dragged 2 kids 80 feet and whacked someone.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I was just reading about this earlier today. Very odd little story, almost like the beginning of a crime show on tv, or a movie. I wonder if we will ever hear the details. The guy is Coast Guard, too, and they did a pretty big search for him. Most likely some sort of foul play, considering he was taken to the hospital, but who knows what? My teen half jokingly asked if there was a tunnel near where he vanished....

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Hmmm.... If there were drugs involved, coupled with the trauma he has experienced, it is entirely possible that he had some kind of breakdown. It's really not uncommon at all... Going missing for several months thought that's fairly odd... People who suffer serious episodes of mental ill health often go missing, but not for this long. Either they get picked up somewhere acting bizzarely and/or are identified by members of the public, especially if it's a high profile case involving a large search, end up in a mortuary, OR, they don't ever turn up at all and end up homeless and off the radar... It would seem unusual if he vanished for three months after suffering some kind of episode but then turned up again all that time later. Unusual but not impossible. I've worked with people who have wandered off during psychotic episodes and have gone as far as the south of France (from the UK) but have still been picked up by the authorities there due to their bizarre behaviour. Although they were only missing for a couple of weeks before they were located...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Bear in mind they only say drugs were involved, very subtle bastards ain't they not giving any real proof. After all, with his security clearance the likelihood of him being heavily on drugs is a bit slimmer then for most of us is it not?

Now smuggling, perhaps. But from where, and for whom?

Another good question, what did happen to the woman who hit his wife in the first place. Notice she wasn't named at all? Or did i miss it?

I doubt the search was even legit.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

No it's not slimmer, it's actually higher with the military. I've heard about a lot of military members with clearances, some pretty high that killed their careers, or were only saved by a mentor because they got into drugs. Military life is extremely hard on everyone, families included, and can easily lead to drug use as a coping mechanism if you don't have a good support system.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
my bad

edit on 24-1-2013 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
He was incoherent after several months, on an island.

Or one theory is, it only seems like several months, to observers. He could have stepped through a bright light, a time door, and come through the other side, several months later. His memory scrambled, nothing making sense.

Not like that story will ever be accepted in the hospital.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Thorneblood

No it's not slimmer, it's actually higher with the military. I've heard about a lot of military members with clearances, some pretty high that killed their careers, or were only saved by a mentor because they got into drugs. Military life is extremely hard on everyone, families included, and can easily lead to drug use as a coping mechanism if you don't have a good support system.

The problem is that a LOT of military members do NOT have a good support system. Families can be very far away, and unable, thanks to the post-2008-economy, to travel to where their military family members are. It's also a sad reality that the supposed support systems from units are often (usually?) not really support systems. For example, what used to be called FSG, for Family Support Group, is now called FRG, for Family Readiness Group. The focus shifted from being there, ostensibly, to support the families, to being there, and active, when there was a deployment, to get out the needed information. Any actual support that there ever was is totally gone. Even before that change, there wasn't really any support much of the time. When we were in Germany, I miscarried very shortly before he was sent to Bosnia, and the so-called FSG never once contacted me, to see how I was doing. With him gone a year, the ONLY time I heard from them was twice, when they wanted people to help with some fund-raiser. The woman in charge didn't even know who I was. This is with lists of all the families, and phone numbers, which she DID use to ask for my help. Support for the military people themselves is a JOKE. The last time mine deployed, they were all supposed to have internet, but, after months of nothing, only a few got it. The rest were basically blown off. A few could take classes, and the unit made a big deal of how well they were doing, while others, like mine, could get no access, no help to finish classes, nothing. There is a LOT of favoritism, and a lot is, much as I hate to say it, a lot of that is race-based. No, NOT in favor of whites, either. There are supposed to be systems in place for service members that have issues, but those not familiar with the military would be stunned to know how hard it can be for a service member to even get time for an appointment. Mine is even getting resistance in getting time to put in for retirement. A lot of the units are very poorly run, and a lot of the "leadership" is really bad. And, yes, drug use isn't uncommon. Neither, unfortunately, is crime, these days. The military isn't what it used to be. I know of one case where there was a group involved in armed robbery, and strong rumors were that the unit's 1'st Sgt. was the leadership. Having met the guy, I could believe it. He was (is) scum. It's bad enough that mine is retiring, rather than staying in, even with the economy as it is. Bad enough that my oldest son, who was planning to join the Air Force, dropped that whole plan.

In the case of this guy, I am suspicious. First, we are told he's "incoherent", and taken to the hospital. No mention is made of his physical condition at all. Now, he's being held at a military facility? The guy was gone for months, and he's still away from his family? Yet no one will say why? Something stinks with this whole situation. I wish I could think it was just drugs, and he was wandering around all that time, but it's hard to believe. Months, not weeks, and he shows up incoherent, but alive? If he was that bad, how did he elude a massive search, and how did he stay alive?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join