It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Politics Aside - the British Commonwealth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Another thread about Australia has inspired me to write this. I wanted to write a thread highlighting the special bond that we the British people have with our Commonwealth partners. It is often lost in rivalry or political issues, but I think that should be put aside for the real peoples view and love for each other. I would like to say on my behalf and those Brits that I know believe what I believe that we value our relationship deeply. I believe that we should have deeper ties, not weakening ones that we seem to have today. I would like to say that I would hope that we as Commonwealth partners would stick together in the case of any agressor should attack one of our borders. I myself would take up arms and fight abroad if ever required to, as it means more than just a protection of our friends, it is the principle. We have our differences but at the same time we value our similarities, forget the British Empire, that is ancient history, forget the Royal Family, they are powerless. It is us, the people, that love our partners accross the world, and we hope that you love us back in return. We should stick together through thick and thin, we are stronger together.

Here is my thanks to all of those nations that are proud to be part of the Commonwealth. Thank You.
edit on 22-1-2013 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Feelin the love dude and sendin it right back

Poms may whine too much, suck at every sport ever invented, have an unusually high proportion of ugly foul mouthed women, have the worlds worst food and smell a little bit funny but at the end of the day you guys are family and we love and accept you just the way you are.

And hells yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone dares attack our pommie cousins well be there

P.s I realise my post may have come across as a bit insulting but I say look on the bright side as it could be much worse................ you could be Yanks

S&F

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

You have obviously never eaten Russian food then.

It's good to feel the love, which part of the Commonwealth are you from just out of interest?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I think its disgusting the way grocer Heath signed up to the EU and did not even consult with Oz or the Kiwis about it, the Brits got a lot of farm produce from Australia and New Zealand those two countries export markets disapired overnight, and caused hardship to those farmers.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

I agree, we had fantastic trading partners already and we sacrificed them for Europe, who to be fair mostly have nothing in common with the Brits. I think from now on we should concerntrate on expanding our relationship with our commonwealth partners and let the EU implode.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Poms may whine too much, suck at every sport ever invented, have an unusually high proportion of ugly foul mouthed women, have the worlds worst food and smell a little bit funny but at the end of the day you guys are family and we love and accept you just the way you are.

Yes, but we invented all the sports we suck at.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Yes, but we invented all the sports we suck at.

Take comfort wherever you can mate

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Im an Aussie from Melb but live in Malaysia, both part of the Commonwealth.

Never had Russian food, heard of Borsch though, Id take bangers and Mash over that anyday LOL

new topics

top topics

join