It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have to do it for the children!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have stood back and watched what is happening to our country. I see increased turmoil both politically and racially. Instead of growing together we are growing apart. I see crazy murders all over the United States. I see lies upon lies from politicians to media. I see an industrial complex gone amok and endangering the people. I see a multiplying of those on federal assistance when the economy is supposed to be on the uptick. We need to do something for the children that will inherit our country this next generation.

We need to estabish discipline in our schools and then our government. Yes there is an absolute right and an absolute wrong and we need to teach our children this. There are and should be consequences when you do the wrong thing. From being held back in school for not learning to read to jailtime for not following the law.

We need to teach our children that while we are all created equal,[born naked and helpless into this world] what we decide to do with ourselves is up to us, and not some ethereal dream that we are all the same. We need to teach our children that one has opportunity to overcome and achieve, not depend on and demand from those that have more.

We need to teach our children that the government is there to serve us, and not be servants to the government. We need to teach that our constitution is designed to empower the people and limit the government. We need to teach that congress is not necessarily there to work together but to stand firm in their beliefs. Law should come from struggle and not from emotion. laws should be hard to pass and government should not be in charge, but guide the people to independence.

We need to teach our children that on occasion violence is not only an option but a necessity. That ther are some things not only worth fighting for , but giving your life for as well.

We need to teach our children to be independant and to think for themselves, not follow the dogma of the day and react with emotion to those things which need thought before action.

We need to teach our children the basics of finance so that they may be able to see the folly of debt and the consiquences of to much.

we need to teach our children that failure is necesary to growth. Not everyone is a winner, and not every winner is sucessful. Success is a hard fgought victory that comes ffrom hard word, desire, and sacrifice. Those that do not work hard, and sacrifice do not deserve the same benefits and accomplishments.

We need to teach our boys to be men and our girls to be ladies. The falling away of etiquette to meet some semplance of equality must be stopped. We need to teach respect of elders, teachers, authority figures, while still maintaining a sense of purpose and moral direction.

We need to teach that to disagree is noble, but to do so in a respectable manner.

We need to teach that one searches for a solution and not sit back and wait fir others to to it for us as that leads to slavery. We need to teach that there are risks and rewards for those risks as well as perils. We need to teach that with rights come responibilities. One cannot exist without the other. We need to teach that one should never give up liberty for security as this to leads to enslavement.

We have to do these things and more in order to preserve any of the great strides that we have accomplished in the last century. Failure to do these things will only lead to the failure of the human race and the deevolution of mankind as we know it. We are headed towards a new dark age. An age of selfishness. An age of dependence. An age of war that we have never experienced befor in all of humanity.

We must do this for the sake of the children

respectfully

reluctantpawn
edit on 22-1-2013 by reluctantpawn because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2013 by reluctantpawn because: typos and content

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
While I agree with much of what you are suggesting I think the meme - Do it for the sake of the Children is a dangerous one.

It may well be the American epitaph...

It is an emotional appeal and can easily be usurped by those who wish to use it for a nefarious agenda.

In fact...here is some sage advice from Hitler being channeled by Barrack Obama.

edit on 22/1/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
During the end times man will be oppressed by women (feminism) and children (child advocates).

According to the Bible anyways.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Perhaps it didn't come across the way I wanted it to in print. It was a play on those very ideas but from a differing point of view. While there are those that wish to increase their control of our daily lives by "doing it for the children". I am suggesting that we take our children back and show them that these very same ideas can be used to help themselves and give them more control than allow others to control them.

respectfully
reluctantpawn

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
In understand where you're coming from.

When an opponent declares "I will not come over to your side" I calmly say "Your child belongs to us already.... What are you? You will pass on.. Your decendants, however, now stand in the new camp.. In short time they will know nothing else but this new community."

-Adolf Hitler 1933

They very much understand that it is about the children. It's easier to put a new idea in that child's head than it is to change it after it is part of that child's permanent right/wrong paradigm.

Edit to add.. S&F

edit on 22-1-2013 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by reluctantpawn

I get your saying, but in your 4th paragraph you have this typo. (Ithink it's a typo anyways)

"We need to teach our children that the government is there to serve us, and be servants to the government."

Shouldn't it read "and not be servants to the government."?

Not being a grammar nazi, but that one sentence flies in the face of everything else you wrote.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Yo0u are right. Sometimes a typop changes the whole structure of an idea.

rp

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Yes there is an absolute right and an absolute wrong and we need to teach our children this.

Though I agree with the intent behind what you’re saying? Here’s where I had to really draw the line.

You teach children absolute right and absolute wrong you’ll create nothing but a bunch of dumbed down idiots - robots - tools for TPTB.

There is no such thing as absolute right - absolute wrong. So many gray areas in between. My God it’s a scary thought to think of a bunch of kids running around with the instilled idea of ‘definite’ and ‘absolute‘.

Again - there’s a lot of good in your post and I’m not trying to take away from that. If anything I’m looking for a discussion.

peace

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Yes there is an absolute right and an absolute wrong and we need to teach our children this.

Though I agree with the intent behind what you’re saying? Here’s where I had to really draw the line.

You teach children absolute right and absolute wrong you’ll create nothing but a bunch of dumbed down idiots - robots - tools for TPTB.

There is no such thing as absolute right - absolute wrong. So many gray areas in between. My God it’s a scary thought to think of a bunch of kids running around with the instilled idea of ‘definite’ and ‘absolute‘.

Again - there’s a lot of good in your post and I’m not trying to take away from that. If anything I’m looking for a discussion.

peace

I disagree. There are absolutes in this world and children should be taught this. Right and wrong can be subjective but that cannot be used do to say that there are no absolute right and wrong. That statement itself is an absolute.

Fire is hot, water is wet and after all 2+2 does equal 5.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yes there are abosolute right and wrongs. It is always good to help out your fellow man. It is always good to share what you have in abundance. It is always wrong to murder, rape, take advantage of those less fortunate, welch off of others. I stand by my post, but am more than willing to debate as long as it doesn't turn into name calling.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
the feds are looking for greater gun control. We see that there are under 400 people a year killed with rifles. None of these were by the NRA, JFPF, or other pro gun groups. Most were from left leaning people on anti-depressants. We also have found out that there are around two million cases of self defense a year using firearms. Yet all we see are the pictures of these children killed.

Yes it is a tragedy that even one child dies because of firearms. But to juxtapose this we have two hundred million people that have been killed through democide[death by government]. We say that can't happen here, but do you think that the people thought that when they ELECTED many of those that later chose to exterminate whole classes, races, or other demographics.

We might not see our current officials do such an atrocious act but given time someone might come along and commit such an henious act. If nothing else we must understand that history repeats itself. We are already starting to see the labeling of certain groups as dangerous. We cannot wait for those groups to start to be rounded up, and we certainly cannot condoe such an action of calling these people that might disagree with us or the government as enemy combatants.

As JFK said "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

It is good when the government fears the people, It is bad when the people fear the government.

new topics

top topics

join