It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird mist in pictures - any ideas ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trubeeleever

Have you looked through your photo archives to see if any other anomalies have appeared in them? If so there might be a common denominator which could help you understand the appearance of this one.

That is really interesting.

Yes only on this night - I have three other pictures, about half a mile down the road where the same thing happened - I was snapping away that night !

It has never happened before or since,

I will try to post them later,

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I just saw the photos you posted, hmmm dunno?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

If you reply to the right one, it looks less confusing
Because now, it looks like the opposite of what I said.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by StareDad

the 3 sequential pictures show that the photographer indeed did change locations... or did the stationary tree move closer to you?

Originally posted by HelenConway

It defo was not my index finger - I took three pics one after another, my position did not change,

so, your earlier statement that you did not move nor was your camera moved is incorrect---- how are we supposed to believe the rest of your yarn?
edit on 22-1-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

Yes I was mistaken I did change positions - I was walking behind my dog, i am not spinning a yarn and there is no need to be hostile. However - thank you for your feedback.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by StareDad
reply to post by St Udio

If you reply to the right one, it looks less confusing
Because now, it looks like the opposite of what I said.

i was replying to the OP HelenConway statement... not your helpful posting of the 3 pictures the OP could not accomplish

your posts and views are well received

(nice 'stach on your avatar)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by StareDad

the 3 sequential pictures show that the photographer indeed did change locations... or did the stationary tree move closer to you?

Originally posted by HelenConway

It defo was not my index finger - I took three pics one after another, my position did not change,

so, your earlier statement that you did not move nor was your camera moved is incorrect---- how are we supposed to believe the rest of your yarn?
edit on 22-1-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

What else are you finding hard to believe from OPs "yarn"? They were asking for help in identifying not reeling off a ghost story. Do you feel better for putting the OP down?

edit on 22-1-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

You asked how the finger near the flash can produce this effect.
The finger will reflect the light in different ways, one of them is directly into the lense, where it maybe traverses the lens in an angle like shining through glas but from the side. This overexposes your cmos and thus, creates this effect. You can try it yourself and replicate.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trubeeleever

On the other end of the scale, quite a few years ago my brother went to Port Arthur in Tasmania and visited the site of the Port Arthur Massacre. He didn't have a digital camera, but an old "film" type camera. He took a photo of his wife standing in the doorway of some of the old colonial ruins, and upon development they could see a shadow of a little girl and it looked as if she was holding his wife's hand.

Have you looked through your photo archives to see if any other anomalies have appeared in them? If so there might be a common denominator which could help you understand the appearance of this one.

Do you ahve a copy fo the Port Arthur picture ?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

You were indeed replying to my post. However, I just asked you to change it, to not get others confused. Whats the problem with that. There´s no need for snide remarks. Thank you.

your posts and views are well received (nice 'stach on your avatar)

If this is a innuendo to the homo post and what I wrote about there about the avatar, I feel deeply offended. If so, troll away please.
edit on 22-1-2013 by StareDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Maybe this will help you out it works great.
Looking forward to seeing them.

Tiny Pic Upload

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

You asked how the finger near the flash can produce this effect.
The finger will reflect the light in different ways, one of them is directly into the lense, where it maybe traverses the lens in an angle like shining through glas but from the side. This overexposes your cmos and thus, creates this effect. You can try it yourself and replicate.

It is cold tonight so I am going to go away and see if I can make mist via breath or fingers

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

Thanks I will try that

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Thats the kind of handling such things, I like. Though, the other guy wants to display you as a hoaxer, I´m glad you take the effort to replicate. Something you do not see often here. Forget the other one, he probably had to "debunk" so much lately, that he just oversaw that you did not claimed anything (ghosts or such). Heads up.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Thats the kind of handling such things, I like. Though, the other guy wants to display you as a hoaxer, I´m glad you take the effort to replicate. Something you do not see often here. Forget the other one, he probably had to "debunk" so much lately, that he just oversaw that you did not claimed anything (ghosts or such). Heads up.

OK I have been out tonight trying to replicate those pictures. I can't.

It is cold here and I can see my breath but it did not show up on film. Another thing I noted was that I hold my camera in my right hand at arms length with a bent elbow from my body and take pictures with one hand.

Even putting the camera right next to my mouth and breathing out as I take the picture - I could not replicate the mist.

Nor the orbs - I accept that most orbs are water droplets - so I actually stood over a flowing river and tried to capture them but i could not.

I also half covered the flash with my finger and completely covered the flash [ almost] - the mist still did not appear. So I do not think it was my breath or my finger occulding the flash.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I just had a comical vision of someone trying to take photos of their breath lol. I'm sure it was not as obvious and exaggerated as my thought. But kudos for trying.

Looking at your picks again I would think if it was condensation from you breath it would be more bellowing or swirling. Though the randomness of the wind could make almost any shape, And the temperature/moister in the air could play a factor in how dence the condensation would be. To replicate a good mist from condensation, maybe the above variations need to be taken into account.

Fanning flames now.....does that look like a creepy demonic arm going across and down the tree or what?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

That is exactly what I was doing

Yeeks can't see any figure myself - but that is an ancient footpath - in use for 100's of years - but I guess not many people lived there then and it was a mainly agricultural community - I guess so probably nothing too creepy ?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Just having fun here.

flic.kr...

An eatheric version of this guy perhaps?

flic.kr...

no idea really.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Haha good one .. we need some more serious pictures to look at now.
The only thing I can think it is is a mist in the wind that blew past quickly - I just did not see it with my eyes and there was no wind.

I have just found a 4th pic which was same night same place and completely clear

edit on 22-1-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ghost or spirits are often reported as mist, orbs too. and one mist looks like any other. This is one you will not get to the bottom of I'm afraid. What you have is mist and orbs. Could be just a mist and some water droplets, or could be ghosts or spirits.

I'll just say its an interesting photo.

The orb in the dark area on one of those photos looks awesome.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You breathed. Only has to be 45% to be visible. ( not sure what that is in your measurements). I see you are from England, at night, I'm guessing it was below this temperature.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join