It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing this post IV Drip!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I had been a member here for a bit, and I had introduced myself a while back, but then I suddenly disappeared and was never heard from again! Not that it really mattered, I am in no way a big poster or own a heavy belt declaring that I am the best forum poster in ATS ever. However, I had contracted the flu in the worst of ways before the whole epidemic started up and I had been hospitalized for quite some time because of it. Being that I am finally on the way to getting somewhat better (Still horrendously sick), I decided to get up and see where the site was at this point.

Long story short, I am back, and I am kicking! Whether that is good news or not is to be decided at a later date!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Welcome! Glad to hear you are feeling better! The flu is nasty this year, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Sorry to hear it. The flu (actual flu) sucks ass. The younger and stronger you are, the worse it is. My second youngest bro works in ICU, he says they're full of very very sick younger folk with the flu.

It's too late now, but the shot is worth it. I had to have it because it's required for me. But it's not a bad idea, although it made me feel like poo, despite them saying it won't.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Transitarian

Hope you feel better soon. Welcome again

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Welcome back! Sounds rough what you have been through, give yourself some time to recover once you get past being sick, you will likely be weak and not at your best for a while after. Be gentle with yourself
See you out on the boards.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Someone in the US with a warm heart give this guy some Lipo C!!!!

You'll be right as rain in no time!
edit on 22-1-2013 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Oh there is no arguing the Flu was absolutely terrible this year. I never, ever had gotten it this bad before, and the fact that I was even hospitalized for it scared the hell out of me. I'm usually very resilient, so being knocked to my butt from this was definitely worrisome indeed. I love how the news programs around me are going 'Don't worry, it isn't worse than it usually is'.

Yeah, Okay. I'm just glad I'm better, two people who were roomed near me had died from it, so I was all sorts of panicky during my stay. Thankfully my job was incredibly understanding, they gave me extra sick time to work with.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Welcome back! I am glad you are on the mend. I think it is wonderful that you work for a place that understands; and gave to you extra time off. There is a lot to read and catch up on here; happy reading!...

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I've noticed, I was expecting a couple threads about the Gun issues going on, but holy crap.

We might as well name ATS the 'Argue About your 2nd Amendment Here' forum.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Welcome back and get well soon

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Transitarian
I've noticed, I was expecting a couple threads about the Gun issues going on, but holy crap.

We might as well name ATS the 'Argue About your 2nd Amendment Here' forum.

Oh bugger... forgot to mention... Did you know that you can kill the flu with a gun... OOPS! *cough, cough, ahem, ahem*

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Hope you're feeling much better soon! Welcome back!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I'm the kind of guy who likes details, so, was it the WAY you contracted the flu that you define as the worst, or was it simply the magnitude of the flu that you say is worst?

To me, getting chased by crocodiles, then falling into a pit which is filling with swampwater, attempting to climb out on rusty, virus covered nails only to find out that I'm in Cuba instead of Florida, THEN being chased by a flu ravaged village would be the worst way for me.

Just kidding, welcome back, and "it" always matters, by the way when someone's thoughts and insights are hindered. . .so yeah, welcome back!

Stay away from bottles marked "Drink Me"

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

Probably the duration was the worst thing that I've dealt with. For about a week and a half I was deaf thanks to my ears being clogged up. I could barely breathe most of the time, and I was a miserable, sparkle-spewing fairy for the best of three weeks, much to my husband's dismay.

Thankfully, I'm not nearly as disgusting as I was.

top topics

join