It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible rationales for DHS mega purchases of ammunition (esp .40 sw):

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
What is the rationale for DHS buying over a billion rounds of ammunition recently?
a) Expectation of a Civil War against the American populace.
b) To create shortages (along with the reaction to gun control measures) to price ammo out of the market.
c) To force the federalization of local LE when the local police have little or no ammo and chaos starts.
d) To lock in future delivery (and price) in a scarcity environment that they helped generate.
e) All of the above.

Answer "e"
edit on 21-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Awsome blank post! :clap:

edit on 21-1-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

It posted after I put in the subject line before I had a chance to type the body below.....sorry about that.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

No worries.
You'll get it!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

Then again....maybe it was invisible virtual type and you need the decoder ring.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Poultrygeists - (Chicken ghosts)

link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen

Then again....maybe it was invisible virtual type and you need the decoder ring.

Hope i stayed on topic.
Rules and all.

link   
Can you link any the proof that they purchased the ammo, and the details of the contract?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

The conventional conspiracy theory at the time of the big DHS purchases was that they were expecting chaos from economic depression leading to civil war (a)....but what we are seeing now is (b) where the supply is tight from the govt orders at a time when the civilian demand curve has taken a quantum shift resulting in recent price increases close to double or more in some of the more popular calibres like the 5.56. This is going to leave a lot of people who have assault styled rifles with little ammo as it is getting pricey.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobertF
Can you link any the proof that they purchased the ammo, and the details of the contract?

750 million bullets pretty much speaks for itself. Like they need all that.

offgridsurvival.com...

To put these numbers into perspective, the war in Afghanistan has used an estimated 21 million rounds of ammunition to date.

Last I checked, they weren't fighting in Afghanistan, the Services are.
edit on 21-1-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Answer: F for none of the above.

F is also the grade I would give if this was an assignment.

This subject has been talked to death about. The purchase was nothing out of the ordinary. You should also do the math on how many rounds that breaks down as for each employee factor in training time and also look up regulations on what they are required to have in stock at any given time.

You should also take notice that every governmental agency tries to spend their budget because the way the government is set up if they don’t then the next budget would be significantly less than the last for them.

Seriously there are at least 8 other threads that have already addressed this with factual information instead of pure unfounded opinion.

Todays letter is F

Like the premise of the thread it is a

FAIL

Or it could be described as F for FEARMONGER

edit on 21-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'd love to know the real reasons! It could be any or all of the OP's suggestions. Or it could be benign and innocent. Or, it could be much worse than we can even fathom!

My best guess, is market manipulation, but why would a Democratic controlled Dept. do such a thing?

Follow the money!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertF
[m6ore]
I saw copies of one of the purchase orders back in late March but cant find it offhand...the orders were in the hundreds of millions and totaled 1.6 billion over 5 years (mostly .40 sw, but also 5.56, .308, some .357 sig and 12 ga buckshot rounds for a variety of agencies under the aegis of the Dept of Homeland Security)....more than are used during a year of war and most of the rounds are hollow point which are illegal according to the Geneva Convention for international (war) use because they cause the greatest amount of damage. Local LE gets to use them on the rationale of less danger of overpenetration to hit innocent bystanders. This article has an excerpt from a press release from one of the contractors:
www.infowars.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Whatever their reason, it's suspicious. I've yet to hear any reasonable explanation... but that doesn't mean one doesn't exist.

I guess it just depends on how you take your government.. smothered in honesty and integrity or peppered with lies, conspiracy and deceit.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

I would be very surprised to find that Diane Feinstein has an investment interest in ATK or Winchester.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Lemon juice and a heat source

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

This response is more related to the issue of Gun Control but if a communist faction wanted to take over the country from within (like the political equivalent of a Leveraged Buyout) and the communist agenda was for gun control to control the population and that secondary plan included Agenda 21 (manifest destiny II), Martial Law ("there will be no guns") and Control of the Farms and Food Supplies and perhaps even precious metals (FDR ja vu), then you would also want to dry up the sources of ammo because you know that you cant confiscate all of the guns but they need ammunition in order to be effective.

edit on 22-1-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Hollow points are illegal Per the Geneva convention for soldiers and in war. They are not illegal for law enforcement.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

reply to post by RobertF
[m6ore]
I saw copies of one of the purchase orders back in late March ... some .357 sig ... most of the rounds are hollow point which are illegal according to the Geneva Convention ... Local LE gets to use them on the rationale of less danger of overpenetration to hit innocent bystanders.

It's my understanding that a division of the U.S. Marshals affectionately known as "sky-cops" carry pistols chambered in .357sig...That could explain a portion of the purchase, if they were expanding the program...
And, HP's would be safer for use in a pressurized environment, due to expansion and rounds inherently stopping in their target...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join