It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Desire to BE Lies at the Very Heart of Existance

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
There is a false belief that the brain/mind is the centre of everything when it actually isn't.

Lets look at it this way:

The brain itself, like a computer, it is the hardware. The mind, like on a computer, is the software.

You run the computer/software, it dosn't run you. You operate your brain/mind, it dosn't operate you.

Get it? There really isn't any difference between the two.

So the question of course is: Who are you who operates your brain/mind, if I may put it that way?
It is the age-old question that has been asked a zillion times and a quaddrillion theories have been put forward to answer it, so why should you listen to another one?

Not to be flippant but why not? You wouldn't be reading this if you didn't share the common desire of most people to discover an answer.

Ah Ha! The key here is 'desire' because it is desire that is animating your brain/mind right this minute just as it is your desire that leads you to ramp up the computer and run the software to check out the latest on ATS.

Now ,desire is a hot-wired word. Some people blame it on all the world's problems, and they are right, because what they are really saying is that the world's problems are caused by people. So true.

There are those who say the devil, satan, works through our desires to turn us away from God. This would work if the devil actually existed except it doesn't. This will switch off a few of you at this point. Bye.

Desire is extremely potent, that's basically the problem we have with it. It isn't evil in itself but if you desire evil then evil will enter your life sure as the sky is blue. One needs to be extremely careful about where they direct their desire, what they aim it at, where thay go with it, what they want from it, how they use it.

There are no restrictions on how you use your desire. Desire of course is an energy, it is your life-force and you can do with it as you wish but noone is ever given guidance on how to do it safely and to your greatest benefit.

If you don't know how to manage and control your desire you leave yourself open to maniplulation from others who in turn desire to use your life-force to satisfy their own corrupt desires.. They are the real evil, not some imaginary devil.

But when you use your desire to its most lofty heights then nothing can touch you, you truly are free and you come to realise that your entire body, not just your brain/mind has everything you require to live a full and fear-free life with others, or alone, whichever you desire.

All life issues from the desire to Be. To deny this is to deny you own life-force and you hand it over to others to use for their own corrupt, evil, desires. Look about you and see the truth of it. Look at yourself and wonder why you are not your own person anymore, its because you belong to someone else. That is the shocking truth of it.

I hope this will resonate with you and bring you back.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
how do i program my brain like i do my computer?

I want to upgrade it, do some maint on it add some ram, upgrade the hdd, ect.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
how do i program my brain like i do my computer?

I want to upgrade it, do some maint on it add some ram, upgrade the hdd, ect.

It is far superior to any computer and quite capable of maintaining and updating itself. I'm not too sure about yours though

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
how do i uninstall minesweeper then?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
People don't desire existence because they already have it. People may desire keeping their conscious perception of existence a bit longer.

A better question might be - does that without existence desire it?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I agree but why do i get so many 404s then the beer guess ill never know, just playing op something to think about while i drink another one.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
how do i uninstall minesweeper then?

On your computer of course... zzzzzzz

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kamebard
People don't desire existence because they already have it. People may desire keeping their conscious perception of existence a bit longer.

A better question might be - does that without existence desire it?

The soul already exists as spirit. It has a desire to experience life on the physical plane of substance, to Be in other words.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Desire, despair, what's the difference?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PnezakYahakotima
Desire, despair, what's the difference?

Well you obviously don't feel there is any difference why don't you explain why in your own words?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Things already are, whether they are desired or not.

The mystery lies in the heart of suffering.

Desire creates suffering... one of the basic tenets of Buddhism.

Desire is despair.

I want something I can't have, I suffer.

I get something I wanted, but then I lose it, I suffer.

A wheel of gain, loss, gain, loss... happy, sad, happy, sad....

Desire is despair.

So... the mystery is why existence, and it will stay a mystery.

But that's okay. Desire and despair aren't negative things.

They feel bad, but once you leap over the hurdle of craving happy over sad or vice versa, it all kinda feels similar.

You may then be tempted to think nihilistically or even begin to hate existence.

If you can't have happiness, then what is there?

That's the question.

I don't know what to tell you in that regard, other than just go with it, take it a step at a time, don't hurry yourself anywhere, and don't take on needless suffering for the sake of being a hero. You want to be altruistic? Take your own suffering as the suffering of others, and try to understand it.

You can't do much good other than that. Nobody can.

I sleep now!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
this is one of the central tenants of l. ron Hubbard's Scientology.

most people have a knee-jerk reaction to that word. but much of the writings and ideas are really fascinating.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
this is one of the central tenants of l. ron Hubbard's Scientology.

most people have a knee-jerk reaction to that word. but much of the writings and ideas are really fascinating.

I 've never had anything to do with scientology, know very little about it except the odd tell-tale morsel that finds its way into the mainstream occasionally. Like most I suppose.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PnezakYahakotima

When it comes to personal suffering my friend you can only speak for yourself. I don't suffer through my desires, not unless I use them foolishly or lose control of them which I know better than to do.

You are afraid of your desires because they seem to have a life of their own, this is because you don't know any better. This is the point of my thread, to help you come to the realization that your desires are your life-force and you either control and manage them yourself or someone else will .

You can go along with the despair nonsense if you want but you will only bring despair upon yourself, its up to you.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shema
So the question of course is: Who are you who operates your brain/mind, if I may put it that way?

It is the age-old question that has been asked a zillion times and a quaddrillion theories have been put forward to answer it

A zillion times?

No I think just twice, by you and maybe Homer Simpson...

If Karl Pilkington ever made a thread here on ATS, it'd be something akin to this

edit on 22-1-2013 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
"Cogito ergo sum" ("I think therefore I am")
*Rene Descartes

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

Are you indicating that a hedonistic lifestyle is ok because thats the way th brain is wired to live its desire out?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Shema

You operate your brain/mind, it doesn't operate you.

Don't ya just hate it when you tell your mind to keep repeating the same song over and over and over until it drives you nuts? I hate when I do that to myself!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Shema

Are you indicating that a hedonistic lifestyle is ok because thats the way th brain is wired to live its desire out?

LOL:@ No, I'm not saying that.

If I felt a desire to experience a hedonistic lifestyle I would utilize my brain to assess all the possible pitfalls before leaping in.

Desire is our life-force and its potency is sexual and the potency varies from person to person. Desire needs to be sublimated to be of the most benifit to you so it is wise to draw a line. A hedonistic lifestyle is a hazardous one and I couldn't recommend it but your potent desire may well open it up to you anyway if you don't draw that line.

Its up to you because you have complete freedom to create your own lifestyle through your desires by utilizing your in-built ultra super computer plus the tools and instruments that adorn your body. Most people don't have a clue. Read their responses.

If you don't create you own reality then there are plenty who will do it for you. Religion aims at drawing the line in the minds of the masses. What I mean is, drawing a line is to put restrictions on your brain/mind like for example so that it will not surprise you by suddenly springing a secret, and often embarrassing, desire into the open for all to see when you least expect it. But in the area of religion the aim is to limit your freedom and keep you ignorant of your true power. In reality you have total freedom because your desires and the software in your brain are known only to you and you can do what you will with them.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Shema because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Shema

You operate your brain/mind, it doesn't operate you.

Don't ya just hate it when you tell your mind to keep repeating the same song over and over and over until it drives you nuts? I hate when I do that to myself!

I have sympathy for you. I don't have that problem thankfully. I do occasionaly run one of my own tunes through my mind though but not to the point where it irks me. Your mind is annoying you because you are neglecting to use it in the manner for which it is designed. Luckily for you its never to late to take it in hand, in fact you will find that it responds positively to discpline and direction.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join