It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook - Questions From a Concerned Parent

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

With Sandy Hook I felt the same way as I did with the Dunblane massacre and asked the same question - why kids? If a person is nuts and wants to go out in some kind of blaze of glory - I'm sure all these people who supposedly perpetrate these crimes already plan to turn the gun on themselves at some point - why go for the most innocent and vulnerable? Your legacy will always be that of a coward. Why not the more powerful in society?

Playing devil's advocate (hopefully that's not crossing the line too much), IF it's a false-flag, nothing generates a stronger emotional response than the thought of this happening to little children. So you have millions and millions of enraged parents acting on emotions and demanding something be done (for instance a crackdown on gun laws) and not doing much thinking.

And it seems like we've shifted from 24 hour a day coverage of the incident itself (finally), to talking about what needs to be done in response to it. Whatever "it" was.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KnightFire

When I read THIS LINK from the mods (the ALL MEMBERS / Sandy Hook thread) and read the first paragraph:

In addition to what's stated below the staff will be moving threads that seek to create scandal from media confusion or hype, seek to imply nefarious intent or deeds from a total lack of information, the misunderstanding of information or, worst of all, the twisting of information to fit a conspiracy theory, into the relatively new Ludicrous Online Lies Forum. We believe this is correct place for these tomes of tumult and fabrication because the only place these horridly unfounded conspiracy theories are being presented is the internet.

I thought they had really made the Ludicrous Online Lies Forum. LOL!
I could live with a forum with that name if it meant we could keep some threads going.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The reason they say, or at least says Anderson Cooper, is they they won't talk much about Lanza as he doesn't deserve the notoriety. This approach gets them off having to talk about him and doubles as making CNN seem sympathetic to the victims. They did the same with James Holmes. Its their new policy on mass murderers.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
A forum to discuss these topics is a good idea, but making it for select individuals and private is not so good in my opinion. Who is to say that someone new to the site would not have a valid point, or be a good contributor to discussion? Trolls, and people who try to intentionally derail threads are unfortunate and annoying, but are unavoidable as there will always be people that feel thier opinion is better than yours by the sheer virtue that it is thier opinion. The moderators are trying to walk a very fine line between allowing members to speak thier mind and keeping the forums out of a negative light, I don't envy thier position in the slightest. Not to mention, that when specific names of people that have not been charged with any wrongdoing get mentioned, it is a guarantee that the thread will be axed quicker than the Chevy Chase show. There is a fine line to be walked and people need to be aware of that and post accordingly.

That being said as far as the story goes, there are alot of things that make little to no sense. I'd love to discuss these things in one mega thread instead of 30 threads where 25 of them are axed before I even get to air my thoughts.

edit on 22-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: clarification

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Yet another major disaster where a 'drill' was taking place at the very same time, at the very same place and for the very same scenario. 911, 7-7 and now this. All were used to change legislation to some degree or another. They must be laughing at all those that cannot see the link.
I believe ALL the witnesses or those who say they were involved in one way or another, were crisis actors who believed they were acting their scenes out for a 'fictional' event. They were probably setup and used not realising that TPTB and the media would use their 'roles' to pass off this event as real.It may well be worth trying to speak to them. Particularly the guy who supposedly took in six children from the street.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by greenWeenie

I think you are correct here. It seems that all these shootings are on children or young adults now. How about the Norway shooter that went to the island 2 years ago and shot 70+ children? No explanation for that. The moivie theater, the university? So all these adult shooters hate children?

If these were black ops, mkultra type scenarios, then adding the victims as children only makes the tragedy that much more violent and painful. And as we all witnessed on Dec 14th, This was EXTREMELY painful. There were numerous threads and posts attacking Americans and their guns, and it was a free-for-all on the discussion of gun bans for those first 2 weeks following. Time has cleared our minds a bit, but those precious first weeks enabled a paradigm shift in thought.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayzaar
Yet another major disaster where a 'drill' was taking place at the very same time, at the very same place and for the very same scenario. 911, 7-7 and now this. All were used to change legislation to some degree or another. They must be laughing at all those that cannot see the link.
I believe ALL the witnesses or those who say they were involved in one way or another, were crisis actors who believed they were acting their scenes out for a 'fictional' event. They were probably setup and used not realising that TPTB and the media would use their 'roles' to pass off this event as real.It may well be worth trying to speak to them. Particularly the guy who supposedly took in six children from the street.

The major reason I do not believe this was all one big hoax is the fact that the government is not in the business of leaving potentially 1000's of loose ends to deal with. More than one shooter, covert strike team is a whole lot more viable than saying that an entire town and all surrounding towns were involved in a hoax. If any of the people were actors, one would think someone from the town would say "Does anybody actually know that guy?" Better yet, one would think that one of these "crisis actors" would come forth and say something to the grounds of "That never happened!" The only way this theory could hold any water is if the people that are accused "actors" have ties to the government, are being blackmailed with crimes so vile that death is preferable, or they no longer exist. Not at all likely in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

Couple things come to mind when I read you post. 1. It is quite possible that sloppy work is involved. I once worked somewhere and watched first-hand the sloppy work th fbi did on a case. Watching it play out, I was left almost yelling to them, hey look over there! I don't want to get into details, but it was subpar business.
2. What if, not everyone involved likes what they are involved in? Even subconsciously? You never know. If this was indeed some sort of psyop, do you think every person could live with the job assigned?

Just food for thought.
Edit to add- I think talikng about "actors" sidelines aspects of this that are truly in-your-face questionable.
edit on 22-1-2013 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I, too, think that the 'it was all just actors and never actually happened' theory is (unfortunately) almost impossible. i say unfortunately because it would mean all these innocent children and adults wouldn't have died. and that very thought is in my opinion the reason why some people want to believe that, and in all honesty i can't blame them.

i've been in a bit of a tough spot trying to handle this lately. i'm not American, and i'm generally in favor of gun laws as we have strict gun laws here (have been witnessing them in action when a friend of mine has started buying guns for himself lately. he can do it, but it's difficult and expensive to do legally) and gun crime is very low here. that fact combined with the general logic that less people having guns decreases the chances of people with guns deciding to kill other people pulls me on the side of gun control supporters.

however, Sandy Hook along with some of these other recent shootings in the US seem highly suspicious and to me reek of the government - or some element of it - being involved. so, while i am in favor of gun control, i am certainly NOT in favor of trying to enforce them by shooting and killing innocent people, including children. the whole point of these laws should be to prevent that from happening. this in turn makes me conclude they may have more sinister motives behind this big push for gun control, and given the US' history and current position politically and economically, i understand why a lot of you guys are worried.

just my two euro cents.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stickywicket

Originally posted by DelMarvel

Originally posted by B0Bthrob
I for one would like to see some extraordinary proof for the, in my opinion, extraordinary claim that an autistic, 120 pound young man carried all the weapons, ammo and gear that he supposedly brought to a school

Do you know how much the equipment he carried weighed?
Do you know how much a 120 pound person could carry?
And by the way how do we know he only weighed 120 pounds when this happened? Not saying you're wrong but I keep seeing this number thrown out there and after a cursory search I'm not seeing a source.

It's been widely reported that Nancy Lanza was once a volunteer at the school.

Do you have a source or sources to this claim that Nancy was once a volunteer? I have found no stories linking her to the school at all so far.

And even if she was, that is not motive to kill 20 little kids.

Means, motive, and opportunity. These should be the backbone of any case against a given suspect. I really don't see how 'Adam Lanza' had any of these in the scenario and timeframe we've been given.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77
A forum to discuss these topics is a good idea, but making it for select individuals and private is not so good in my opinion. Who is to say that someone new to the site would not have a valid point, or be a good contributor to discussion? Trolls, and people who try to intentionally derail threads are unfortunate and annoying, but are unavoidable as there will always be people that feel thier opinion is better than yours by the sheer virtue that it is thier opinion. The moderators are trying to walk a very fine line between allowing members to speak thier mind and keeping the forums out of a negative light, I don't envy thier position in the slightest. Not to mention, that when specific names of people that have not been charged with any wrongdoing get mentioned, it is a guarantee that the thread will be axed quicker than the Chevy Chase show. There is a fine line to be walked and people need to be aware of that and post accordingly.

That being said as far as the story goes, there are alot of things that make little to no sense. I'd love to discuss these things in one mega thread instead of 30 threads where 25 of them are axed before I even get to air my thoughts.

edit on 22-1-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: clarification

I agree. ATS is and should always be an open forum for people to add their thoughts. I'm just making suggestions to help mitigate the disrepectful people that just want to troll and not add any value. In most cases, they are the ones that start running their mouths that sets off others adding value and then the thread gets 404'd.

I've been a member on ATS long enough to know there are very respectable members on this site and for that reason I enjoy participating.

Like I said before, I'm just throwing out ideas and asking for ideas on how we can keep ATS an open forum with minimal censorship. Hopefully, more people will throw out their ideas and one of the mods will chime in.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenWeenie
reply to post by KnightFire

When I read THIS LINK from the mods (the ALL MEMBERS / Sandy Hook thread) and read the first paragraph:

In addition to what's stated below the staff will be moving threads that seek to create scandal from media confusion or hype, seek to imply nefarious intent or deeds from a total lack of information, the misunderstanding of information or, worst of all, the twisting of information to fit a conspiracy theory, into the relatively new Ludicrous Online Lies Forum. We believe this is correct place for these tomes of tumult and fabrication because the only place these horridly unfounded conspiracy theories are being presented is the internet.

I thought they had really made the Ludicrous Online Lies Forum. LOL!
I could live with a forum with that name if it meant we could keep some threads going.

Thanks for sharing, but I'm not talking about people speading lies. I'm talking about people being able to be free with their words and not being penalized for it.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

Couple things come to mind when I read you post. 1. It is quite possible that sloppy work is involved. I once worked somewhere and watched first-hand the sloppy work th fbi did on a case. Watching it play out, I was left almost yelling to them, hey look over there! I don't want to get into details, but it was subpar business.
2. What if, not everyone involved likes what they are involved in? Even subconsciously? You never know. If this was indeed some sort of psyop, do you think every person could live with the job assigned?

Just food for thought.
Edit to add- I think talikng about "actors" sidelines aspects of this that are truly in-your-face questionable.
edit on 22-1-2013 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

I think we are thinking along the same lines, sloppiness is definately a factor. A handful of guilty people makes alot more sense than thousands is my point.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I agree. ATS is and should always be an open forum for people to add their thoughts. I'm just making suggestions to help mitigate the disrepectful people that just want to troll and not add any value. In most cases, they are the ones that start running their mouths that sets off others adding value and then the thread gets 404'd.

I've been a member on ATS long enough to know there are very respectable members on this site and for that reason I enjoy participating.

Like I said before, I'm just throwing out ideas and asking for ideas on how we can keep ATS an open forum with minimal censorship. Hopefully, more people will throw out their ideas and one of the mods will chime in.

I know, the easiest solution is to not under any circumstance resort to personal attacks. One can get thier point across with logic and attacking an idea without attacking the person forwarding the idea. People "trolling", deliberately being insulting without adding any argument to refute yours are best dealt with by ignoring them. They do it for the reaction and attention, if you don't give them either they will get bored and go along thier merry way looking for a thread they can get a reaction from.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
al qaeda attacks on u.s. soil.

us citizens realize islamists are loose and attacking soft targets.

with al qaeda 'on the run' reports of attacks on u.s. soil are unacceptable.

hence the lockdown on reporting, inconsistencies in the story telling,complete lack of evidence, etc. etc.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire
As everyone knows investigation works take a lot of time, then to document it takes even more time. That's why we need to be able to address our findings without fearing a 404 from the mods.

"Investigation" at this point would involve getting out from behind the computer, going to Connecticut and actually talking to people. Scouring records on the internet looking for alleged oddities with a strong confirmation bias isn't accomplishing anything.

It's not a "fine line" as someone else wrote. Posting personal information about the victims and the families is a very clear line that the mods don't want crossed.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
What if the real victim was the guy everyone has mad ea villain out of I mean has anyone looked up his income and all that?

Is it possible this guy was experimented on with classified psychological technologies. The voice at the other end of the technology mind warping him into believing that he was doing a world a favor by wiping out those children.

He wipes them out. The gov. now has a real good case for removing and regulating gun control!

Think about it. Those children could just be cannon fodder.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Here is an excuse for invasion of privacy so why not?

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

But the conspiracy is so great and complicated spanning so many decades that people no longer take the time to connect the dots.

Because after all the UN is actually the US one and the same, follow the money trail of power and deception.

At the end we all will keep wondering what happen in Sandy Hook, we will keep mourning the lost of the Innocent while the powers behind all this tragedies baste on the opportunities presented to further their agendas.

ABSOULTELY INDEED.

As J.Edgar Hoover stated in the quotes ref'd with this link . . .

twoday.net...

100."The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists". J. Edgar Hoover, former head of the FBI

Add in the sheeple's weak kneed courage to face reality . . .

Add in the well crafted media's mass mind control/propaganda's successful efforts to keep them MORE interested by far in such eternally significant events as "DANCING WITH STARS."

Add in the frightful near half percentage of folks who VOTED for such treason and brazen destruction of our way of life.

. . .

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toots
Does anyone besides me find it disturbing that a thread would be closed based on a "factual recap" generated at snopes.com? AYFK?? SNOPES??? Truthful???!!!! Ahem.......
Oh well, each to his own I guess. In conclusion, that's ALL I have to comment on regarding this thread and topic.

edit on 22-1-2013 by Toots because: url correction

This is exactly what bugged me as well. I never did put much stock in snopes .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join