It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli imperialism, Irgun, and the invention of modern terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
So, when somebody says the word terrorist, who do you think of? Some stereotypical person of Islamic faith? Or perhaps a member of the I.R.A.
Couldn't possibly be a citizen of America's little darling, Israel, could it? Israel would never sink as low as to commit acts of terrorism, would they? Yes. They would.

You see, Israel's got it's own radical groups, and one of them is called Irgun. Well, back in the day, when Israel was still relatively small, and Palestine had not been deprived of it's land, the Irgun carried out guerilla attacks against the Palestinians.

They bombed the Palestinian headquarters, the King David Hotel, killing 91 and injuring 46.
They slaughtered 107 Palestinians at Deir Yassin.

They've been stealing Palestinian land bit by bit for the following decades. The U.S. media only shows one side, the fear mongering black and white view, where the Israelis are our allies and therefore the good guys, and the Palestines are the Israeli's enemies, so by extension, they must be bad, and our enemies too.

They're too imperialist to REALLY be the good guys.
Over the years, they've stolen nearly everything from Palestine.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Grifter42

Check my signature, I know where real terrorism is born.
This is why I always refer to them as the terrorist regime of israel.
Plus that, they murdered my countrymen in cold blood on the USS Liberty.
The have also never been punished for it.
Remember the U.S.S LIBERTY.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Quite interesting. If it had been any country other than Israel, we'd have gone to war.
But of course, it wasn't just any country, it was Israel.

Why is it that the U.S. kowtows to Israel so much? Financial interests? Israel is not America, and should be left to it's own affairs. But of course, it tends to bite off more than it can chew, and then when the Arab nations aren't too pleased to have their land snatched out from them, and retaliate, then they go screaming to the U.N.

A person's religion is no reason to go to war, but it also shouldn't be a reason not to. The holocaust was a tragedy, yes, but that does not entitle them to pass on the oppression and brutality onto another people. It's no excuse to go hunting for "Lebensraum".

If you stare into the abyss long enough, the abyss stares back at you.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

There is an excellent series of articles about the Zionist terrorist groups (that eventually became the IDF) on wikipedia, from the start of the Zionist movement to the UN vote to form Israel. Quite eye opening.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It's quite ironic how they went from an oppressed mass of people to an oppressing jackbooted group of theocratic fascists. I guess one doesn't go through a pogrom without learning a few things about pogroms. Still doesn't give them the right to enact it on other peoples.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
so whats your solution? do you know how many soldiers ect have gone to other countries, and conquered lands via killing ect? for one , europeans did that quite a bit. more recently usa itself in iraq. you wanted israeli to be nicey nicey, war doesnt work like that unfortunately.
edit on 25-1-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

What's my solution... Well, for one, I'd probably remove U.S. support of Israel, issue sanctions against the aggressive expansion into Palestinian territory, and so on.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Just to be honest, there never ever was a county called Palestine.

That area was part of Jordan if I'm not mistaken.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

So after removing help to Israeli govenment and helping the palestines. What next, you dont really think it would end there?.. Palestinians would want revenge and Israel would still go in for the kill towards oil based countries along with the USA.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

It would atleast be a step. You see, sometimes, we have to work towards things in steps, instead of just doing nothing, and making all or nothing propositions and settling for nothing.

top topics

join