It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome Nighttime Video Captures Unidentified Object

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The video is worth watching if, for no other reason than the raw beuaty of the nighttime sky but these guys captured some odd movement in the video.

The article explains it all but, for the lazy, the video is sped up, the actual movement is far slower

gizmodo.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Most likely a plane or helicopter.
Lots of of "irregularities" in that shot. Like "stars" appearing and disappearing within the blink of an eye.
Very cool video!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Yeah, beautiful image (and a beautiful video), but as the people in that link say (and, Crakeur, as I'm sure you might agree), the picture in question looks like like a long-exposure of a plane or helicopter. You can even see the red and green nav lights on the left and right sides.

edit on 1/21/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I take it you are referring to the 180 degree turn of the "thing" between 1:30 and 1:40?

If so, yes that's pretty cool!

totally agree - nice shots throughout.

ETA I must say, upon further viewing, I'm not too sure about what you are referring to, especially in light of the comment above.

What part are you talking about?

edit on 21-1-2013 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
Most likely a plane or helicopter.

That's a joke, right?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
I take it you are referring to the 180 degree turn of the "thing" between 1:30 and 1:40?

If so, yes that's pretty cool!

totally agree - nice shots throughout.

ETA I must say, upon further viewing, I'm not too sure about what you are referring to, especially in light of the comment above.

What part are you talking about?

edit on 21-1-2013 by Sublimecraft because:

The article says:
The "UFO" appears at (1:30-1:35) and makes three broad circular sweeps over the desert.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

When you stop the video it seems to be a series of dot's. That would suggest to me that its a plane and those are the flashing lights that you get on the wings.

It also has a slow wide turning circle like a plane. No amazing maneuvers.

edit on 21-1-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Plane-copter ruled out by the fact that we're looking at a time lapse video. The looping object has looped very, very slowly.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by apecar
Plane-copter ruled out by the fact that we're looking at a time lapse video. The looping object has looped very, very slowly.

yup. If you read the article, the object is creeping along the sky.

There are two loops in the starry sky and then in the blurred motion of the stars there is a third.

It's a stunning video and the anomoly makes it all the more cool

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

its says in the article that 1 second = 10 mins

consider the 5 seconds = about 50 minutes

Now when i watch the video i see the object come in from the left and make 2 circles before it disappears off to the left. It happens between 1:31.5 and 1:33 , so about 2 seconds

2 seconds = 20 mins

Each loop is only 10 mins. So is 10 mins for a plane to make a huge wide circle in the sky really a long time?

edit on 21-1-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'd say yes, definitely a long time.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by apecar

yup. If you read the article, the object is creeping along the sky.

There are two loops in the starry sky and then in the blurred motion of the stars there is a third.

It's a stunning video and the anomoly makes it all the more cool

It's not really "creeping along" as much as the story claims it is. I see it making two passes between 1:31 and 1:33. That's two broad circles in the sky in (at the most) 2 seconds of this time-lapse video...and it could even be LESS THAN 2 seconds of video.

Even IF the time scale of this video is 10 minutes per second (which doesn't seem right, considering the speed of star movement -- but I can't verify that either way), I think a helicopter or slow-moving plane could have made two sweeping circles in less than 20 minutes, maybe less than 15. That is slow, but not really unbelievably slow. Again, that's assuming the rate of 10 real minutes per 1 second of video is really what the speed of the time lapse is (we only have the word of the article's author on that).

Plus the fact that you can easily see a continuous green light and a continuous red light, which could be the left and right navigation lights, and the white blinking collision avoidance light...this tells me it has the lighting configuration of an aircraft.

The bottom line is:
The steady green and red lights, and the blinking white light alone make this look like an aircraft. If the time really is what is said in article (which I can't verify either way), then 15 or 20 minutes for a slow moving aircraft to take two wide circles around the sky still seems possible.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

the green and red is only visible in the third loop, when they're doing the trails. In the first two loops, it shows as just a light.

As I said, it's a stunning video, the object is a bonus.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

the green and red is only visible in the third loop, when they're doing the trails. In the first two loops, it shows as just a light.

Yeah, but the still picture shown in the article clearly shows the steady red and green lights (which are just like aircraft navigation lights -- even on the correct sides [green on right, red on left]) and blinking white lights (which are just like aircraft collision avoidance lights).

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Sorry but there quote is VERY misleading in the link each frame is a 25 second exposure to show as much stars as possible you can get away with a round a 25-30 second exposure before stars start to show trails with standard lens on a DSLR.

In the link it says they are using Canon DSLR's taking 25 second exposures so if you want 5 seconds of film at 25 frames per second taking 25 second exposures the total tine in seconds is 25x25x5=3125 seconds or just over 52 mins thats what the 50 min quote refers to.

Some info on how they did it.

But it was all worth it when the skies cleared and showed us an incredible galactic palette! Star Trails shot at 25 sec exposures. No special effects used, just the rotation of the earth's axis. Photography Merging: STARSTAX. Used Canon 5D & 7D, with a 24mm/1.4 lens and a 28mm/1.8.

They were also not 100% truthful about not using special effects, star trails don't show on a 24 or 28 mm lens with a 25 second exposure.

They mention STARSTAX

StarStaX is a fast multi-platform image stacking and blending software, which allows to merge a series of photos into a single image using different blending modes. It is developed primarily for Star Trail Photography

There are lots of these videos on the net and many have aircraft passing through aircraft can take many mins horizon to horizon so would show up on many frames like this object has have a look at this one watch around the 53 second mark you will see a meteor burn up and leave a plasma trail.

Small meteors will be on 1 or 2 frames unless they are large and take a while to burn up anything like that image on many frames is an aircraft!

the video watch around the 53 sec mark enjoy.

vimeo.com...

edit on 21-1-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Amazing Video! wish there was a way to slow it down to investigate the peculiar lights.

So hard to say exactly what it is, If I were to guess, i'd say a plane of some type.

Regardless, Ty for sharing, stunning really!

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
to know what speed it was going, you would have to know what the elevation was.....lower to the ground, lower the speed, if it was 30 or 40 miles up, it was big, and it was haulin' ass.
edit on 21-1-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by magycpapyri
Amazing Video! wish there was a way to slow it down to investigate the peculiar lights.

So hard to say exactly what it is, If I were to guess, i'd say a plane of some type.

Regardless, Ty for sharing, stunning really!

Here it is slowed down...
It's a mechanical rod, obvious Alien Technology from the crab nebula.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

an iridium satellite?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Really nice-Really nice. Amazing video and the UFO makes it all the more spectacular.

new topics

top topics

join