It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian coordinated gas plant attack, says Algerian PM

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by UberL33t

What does that say about our immigration laws??

Screw these people is my view....you want to come to Canada....be a Canadian....not a douche.

edit on 21-1-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

You should see what Britain looks like post 1999 !!!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by FirstCasualty

Originally posted by Nuke2013
If this a$$ wipe immigrated to Canada legaly and then turned his back on this country by commiting an act of terror, he deserves to be hung without a trial as a civilian combatant. If the papers are forged, then just get rid of him and burry his sorry a$$ in an unmarket whole in the ground !!!
edit on 21-1-2013 by Nuke2013 because: (no reason given)

Yikes! I would hate to be on the wrong side of your - what would you call it? - Opinion? Sounds deadly.

second.

It's not a matter of being on the wrong side of my opinion here...It's a matter of comming to my country under false pretenses, abusing the rights and freedom he agreed to live by and obey. Once he crossed the line he should be treated as a terrorist and civilian combatant....G-mo his a$$ or a good public hagning slashed with a little pigs blood should do the trick !!!

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Nuke2013

This follows my similar logic regarding Piers Morgan with his constant rambling on about 'in Britain we do this, in Britain we do that, in Britain the guns laws do this....' yanno what, if your country is so frikn awesome (constitutionally, geographically, religiously or otherwise)...why the hell are ya HERE?

Why people assume it is a-ok to attempt to make political changes or charged viewpoints while climbing on the backs of and humping on the coat-tails of those who give them the freedom through sacrifice to do so is beyond me.

If you don't agree with a country's policies nor AGREE with it's constitution-----DON'T SIGN THE IMMIGRATION PAPERS THAT CLAIM YOU DO! In any other country (of sane people) they would hog-tie you and toss you on the next slow boat with a plank.

Perhaps the naturalization process should come with a limited time warranty, if you don't behave--OUT., If you do behave you get an extended warranty with the option to dismissal (if one were a sht disturber).
edit on 22-1-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by xquietonex
A worrisome development, if true. I think most can agree that there's more to the Algerian (and Mali) story than meets the eye.

My question: why connect it to Canada? Assuming that all the AQ stuff is really propaganda and an excuse for colonization/intervention where desired, what's with the twist bringing the connection home?

Setting the stage for something at home I would expect..hopefully nothing more serious than a further erosion of civil liberties

On second thought, oh yeah, hockey's back on! Go Oilers! Civil what?

We don't have a lot of anti-terror laws in Canada. It just hasn't hit home here.

Bollocks. Have you heard of the Arar case? Canadians can be held indefinitely without charges on a ministerial writ...pretty much the same as the US Pres can do to American citizens.

The Canadian Anti-terrorism Act was passed by the Liberal government of Canada in response to the September 11, 2001, attacks in the United States. It received Royal Assent on December 18, 2001, as Bill C-36. The "omnibus" bill extended the powers of government and institutions within the Canadian security establishment to respond to the threat of terrorism. The expanded powers were highly controversial due to widely perceived incompatibility with the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms,[1] in particular for the Act's provisions allowing for 'secret' trials, preemptive detention and expansive security and surveillance powers.[

Wikipedia

Thankfully, the SCC remains independent of our Executive and they seem to regularly err on the side of the Charter

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

If this a$$ wipe immigrated to Canada legaly and then turned his back on this country by commiting an act of terror, he deserves to be hung without a trial as a civilian combatant. If the papers are forged, then just get rid of him and burry his sorry a$$ in an unmarket whole in the ground !!!
edit on 21-1-2013 by Nuke2013 because: (no reason given)

Yikes! I would hate to be on the wrong side of your - what would you call it? - Opinion? Sounds deadly.

second.

It's not a matter of being on the wrong side of my opinion here...It's a matter of comming to my country under false pretenses, abusing the rights and freedom he agreed to live by and obey. Once he crossed the line he should be treated as a terrorist and civilian combatant....G-mo his a$$ or a good public hagning slashed with a little pigs blood should do the trick !!!

With all due respect, I hope to God you're a minority voice in this country...
I much prefer our tradition of Due Process to Executive whim...ask the Pakistanis what your vision of justice looks like...

edit on 22/1/2013 by xquietonex because: must....use....preview....button....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join