It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian coordinated gas plant attack, says Algerian PM

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Canadian coordinated gas plant attack, says Algerian PM

www.arabnews.com

ALGIERS: A Canadian coordinated the attack on the In Amenas gas plant in the Sahara desert, Algerian Prime Minister Abdelmalek Sellal said on Monday.

“A Canadian was among the militants. He was coordinating the attack,” Sellal told a news conference.

Earlier, a security official said Algerian special forces scouring the plant following Saturday’s bloody end to the crisis found on the bodies of two militants documents showing them as Canadians.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
news.yahoo.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
SHTF in Algeria (41 Hostages)
Algerian hostage crisis: 34 hostages killed by helicopter attack !
Algerian assault ends crisis, 19 hostages dead
Algeria: Al-Qaida Seize BP Gas Field, Taking 41 Hostages, Kill Two

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Documents showing them as Canadians and other terrorists from other regions, sure, but were they forged documents...well that remains to be seen.

From the comment sections of one of the "additional news links" in the OP:

Canadian reaction

Joe Lord-Jones has been looking into the Canadian reaction to the news that a Canadian or Canadians may have been involved in this week’s Algerian terrorist attack. The Algerian prime minister has said a Canadian “co-ordinated” the raid.

On the Globe and Mail website Dick Garneau commented:

Canada should adopt a law that says any Canadian who joins a war, uprising, resistance or conflict in foreign countries, not authorized by Canada should lose their Canadian Citizenship.

"Wisdom", writing on the CBC website, said:

Find out who their associates are and dig hard and fast. Find out if they have been influenced by a religious leader or family member(s) living in Canada and go after them hard and fast. Deport where there is adequate proof and publicize it. Zero tolerance.

Global terrorism strikes again. It appears that no country is safe from terrorist infiltration.

www.arabnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1/21/2013 by UberL33t because: tags

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I just posted to a thread on this topic.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What does that say about our immigration laws??

Screw these people is my view....you want to come to Canada....be a Canadian....not a douche.

edit on 21-1-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Canada is where both Sunni based and Shiite terrorists cells have gathered to plan attacks, but not only in the Middle East and Africa, it isn't too difficult to get into the USA from Canada, in fact Canada is a much better place for them than Mexico. IMO.

When the USA suffers a major terrorist attack, don't be surprised if it is found afterward that the perpetrators first set up residence in Canada and have been there legally, living and working among the population without suspicion, or having been on any watch lists.

In my opinion, of course.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well I this headline and had to run to ATS ... here it is

www.reuters.com...

"Algeria says 37 foreigners die in siege led by Canadian"
"The raid on the plant, which was home to expatriate workers from Britain's BP, Norway's Statoil, Japanese engineering firm BGC Corp and others, exposed the vulnerability of multinational oil operations in the Sahara.

However, Algeria is determined to press on with its energy industry. Oil Minister Youcef Yousfi visited the site and said physical damage was minor, state news service APSE reported. The plant would start up again in two days, he said."

So my first thought was Uh Oh, someones gonna have to be keeping better tabs on extreemists coming out of Canada...then, my second was
Time for bigger private armys to protect corporate interests

Then I read the last quoted sentance...how convenient that Algeria wants to press on with its OWN "energy industry" said Oil Minister Youcef Yousfi " physical damage was minor...The plant would start up again in two days"

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

He said hostages recalled one terrorist speaking English with a North American accent.

The Canadian gov't is looking into this.

So, now, all terrorists who speak a certain way can be pinpointed to a country?

news.nationalpost.com...[editb y]edit on 21-1-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
If this a$$ wipe immigrated to Canada legaly and then turned his back on this country by commiting an act of terror, he deserves to be hung without a trial as a civilian combatant. If the papers are forged, then just get rid of him and burry his sorry a$$ in an unmarket whole in the ground !!!
edit on 21-1-2013 by Nuke2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Dont worry, hockey is back. We wont see any more Canadians trying to fill up that empty hole in their lives with kidnapping anymore.

(I kid, I kid)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
A worrisome development, if true. I think most can agree that there's more to the Algerian (and Mali) story than meets the eye.

My question: why connect it to Canada? Assuming that all the AQ stuff is really propaganda and an excuse for colonization/intervention where desired, what's with the twist bringing the connection home?

Setting the stage for something at home I would expect..hopefully nothing more serious than a further erosion of civil liberties

On second thought, oh yeah, hockey's back on! Go Oilers! Civil what?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
absolutely that was a false flag. Stuff like that just doesn't happen with out major influence. Kinda surprised it was Canada, Thing again I guess all the major countries are into it now.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
How do they know he was Canadian, a passport? A fake passport is easy to come by. It is documented proof that Mossad loves to use Canadian passports, so much so that the Canadian government had to ask them to stop doing it! I'm not saying it was Mossad, I'm just saying, this guy could be from anywhere....

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Dont worry, hockey is back. We wont see any more Canadians trying to fill up that empty hole in their lives with kidnapping anymore.

(I kid, I kid)

Canadian Hockey is better than US Hockey and I am a Yank. Just my humble opinion.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nuke2013
If this a$$ wipe immigrated to Canada legaly and then turned his back on this country by commiting an act of terror, he deserves to be hung without a trial as a civilian combatant. If the papers are forged, then just get rid of him and burry his sorry a$$ in an unmarket whole in the ground !!!
edit on 21-1-2013 by Nuke2013 because: (no reason given)

Yikes! I would hate to be on the wrong side of your - what would you call it? - Opinion? Sounds deadly.

second.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChesterJohn

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

(I kid, I kid)

Canadian Hockey is better than US Hockey and I am a Yank. Just my humble opinion.

That is not entirely true. Americans teams are good... cause they are chalk full of Canadian players

Football I would agree. the US needs an extra down and point just to keep up

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xquietonex
A worrisome development, if true. I think most can agree that there's more to the Algerian (and Mali) story than meets the eye.

My question: why connect it to Canada? Assuming that all the AQ stuff is really propaganda and an excuse for colonization/intervention where desired, what's with the twist bringing the connection home?

Setting the stage for something at home I would expect..hopefully nothing more serious than a further erosion of civil liberties

On second thought, oh yeah, hockey's back on! Go Oilers! Civil what?

We don't have a lot of anti-terror laws in Canada. It just hasn't hit home here.

I hope this isn't the tip of the ice burg in a plan that would scare Canada into being afraid of terrorists. Harper would play along for sure. He love writing outlandish bills into law. You get a longer mandatory sentence here in Canada for growing 5 marijuana plants than you do for sexual assault against a child. Of coarse that is probably due to the fact that the conservatives largest base is the fanatical church types that have a thing for chubby bum alter boys... cant be too harsh on them.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
i don't know why people would be surprised at "north Americans" be they from the US or Canada being involved in terrorist activities. just as i would not be surprised if reports said the terrorists came from European countries like Britain , Germany or France for example. after all these terrorists are not bound by specific countries but are bound to each other through a religious cause. the religion doesn't change just because a person emigrates elsewhere.

Canada probably does have more than their fair share of extremists, due not necessarily poor immigration laws, tho i am sure that those laws could be tightened. yet then again how do you really tell if someone is an extremist or terrorist? it's not like they have their cause tattooed in plain view. you could ask them but what do you think the chances are they would admit to it? no they would likely act like a moderate, if they didn't just outright pretend that they are not religious at all. how could you tell the truth? how could you realistically weed out those undesirables? this is true for ANY country that accepts immigration.

but Canada is i suspect rather popular for a couple reasons. first off the Canadian government is rather proud of multiculturalism they will bend over backwards to make sure that people are able to retain their "ethnic identity". unfortunately that ends up including extremism within cultural groups. you don't even need many extremists to get in. it just takes a few to turn people into extremists. kinda like a cult, you look for people who are not happy with their life, or have been disappointed in what they dreamed not being the reality of going to a different country. or have anger towards what they may see as "their people" being mistreated elsewhere. you then cultivate hatred within them towards the infidels. some could go out and become terrorists themselves or they could even work at recruiting yet more people to the cause. they don't necessarily come into the country as extremists.

Canada especially has one nice feature for extremists and terrorists. the fact that immigrants are pretty much given everything on a silver platter. they don't need to work since welfare will look after them practically from the time they land. this leaves a lot of time that could be used for recruiting, as well as planning attacks and training. they don't even have to worry about learning english or french since anything they need to deal with the government has free interpiters to use.

add on to that one thing Canada has in abundance that most countries in the world don't have, EMPTY SPACE. you can set up training camps in places so remote that their is virtually no chance of anyone stumbling on them. or for anyone to hear things like gunfire and explosions. you can also move camps from place to place any time you want since the open areas are so vast.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I was just trying to lighten things up a bit with my hockey remark.

But really Canada does not have the exclusive on terrorist from their homeland.

Germany has a lot more than we, France and America third place in the amount of recruits going forth to fight Jihadi.

the reason you wont hear to much about Germany is because they hold our bank. If we made to much stink they would just pull their gold out.

BTW, they pulled it out anyway and now our dollar is suffering again.

The point is there probably is no way to keep these from going over. When people look at the world some people (many) want more control that Islam offers, no booze, no sex (except with your wives), no homo's, restricted lives, and religious controlled govts. people want to be made to be conformed to good morals.

With Christianity they along with the Holy Ghost are to conform but with Islam you have you religious police. forced control no self control. controlled by fear of man and not by love of God.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Sadly i cant say i am not surprised, Canada has a lot of Muslims and the majority of those arent even following the customs here

Even there are some of the minority Muslims that are good but the rest they really stick it to the customs as if they were in Saudi Arabia.
edit on 22-1-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

As a Canadian it shames me to be associated to a *coughs* man who has abused others under the name of MY FLAG.

I am a tolerant person but NOT for those that arive under the guise of political refuge who then wrecklessly inflict injury others with their 'hometown' beliefs. If your home countries beliefs are so awesome--go back there, I say. I truly tire of those who are ingenious to a constitution that they hide behind when it suits yet spit in the face of those that took them in by causing such a defamation and dire embarassment to the very citizenry he has chosen to represent.

edit on 22-1-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dianashay
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

As a Canadian it shames me to be associated to a *coughs* man who has abused others under the name of MY FLAG.

I am a tolerant person but NOT for those that arive under the guise of political refuge who then wrecklessly inflict injury others with their 'hometown' beliefs. If your home countries beliefs are so awesome--go back there, I say. I truly tire of those who are ingenious to a constitution that they hide behind when it suits yet spit in the face of those that took them in by causing such a defamation and dire embarassment to the very citizenry he has chosen to represent.

edit on 22-1-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

It would seem as in Germany so in Canada and the USA, that these Muslims take advantage and claim all sorts of reasons why they need to come to our countries, but in the end it has been to take over and make us bow to their religion, dress, halal and much more. It is either submit or die from bottom line muslim on up. when it come to loyalties they are only loyal to their religion.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join