It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object Report Google Earth analysis of Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Object Report

Not too bad of a job, though they mentioned the L word. If could have been worse, i.e. mentioning the D word. And they debunked the L word since nothing can be seen on Papoose Mountain. Obviously the author is an arm chair googler, but I have seen the signification portion of Papoose Mountain myself and there is nothing there.

I don't buy the claim of tunnels by the land fill. If Groom was going to do anything underground, it would be designed so that the entrance couldn't be seen. Groom would put a canopy over the opening.

They missed the small addition to the new hangar. It was discussed in one of the ATS threads, though I can't find it. The very small addition is located at
37°13'46.25"N 115°48'38.98"W
It is actually an overhang of some sort.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
If there was anything big at area 51 anymore, why on earth would they let the pic go public in Google earth?

My guess is ever since area 51 became a household name, there is no way they would use it for anything top secret.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I believe they still use Area 51 and the surrounding facilities in the Nevada Test Site for Top Secret testing. They probably do develop some cutting edge stuff there too. I can say I personally watched a plane that looked like a B-2 Bomber but about 50% scale size in what must have been take off/landing testing right over Highway 58 outside Edwards AFB in California. That's a little craft I've still never seen mention of anywhere. (It was daylight over a major highway though..so secret in the true sense seems about shot)

I'll bet there is a lot still happening out there ..and the Janet flights are carrying people out there to do something, if no other solid indicator exists.

I think you're also right in saying the "That absolutely doesn't exist" stuff was moved clear out of Nevada a good number of years ago. If I didn't know better and weren't the kind to be watching for the little signs that are all the public normally sees of the real thing? Well.. I might suggest something within about a 75 mile radius of Raton Pass on the Co/NM line. Definitely somewhere in the Colorado part of the range though and I think Cheyenne Mountain may be kinda small and primitive to what is out there somewhere in the mountains now. Just my idle speculation.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I agree with polarwarrior. Perhaps in the 1940’s and 50’s there may well have been interesting things there, but with all the heat and modern computer technology all the good stuff would have been moved elsewhere... Maybe Alaska? Who knows really. They probably just test new aircraft and weapons at Area 51 these days. It’s a big mystery and chances are the public will never know what has happened at the base, something must has hence why its existence was constantly neither confirmed nor denied.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Best place to hide something is in plain sight
It's possible they just admitted it existed to get people to shut up about it...I used to live on a retired air force base...on multiple nights we saw stealth bombers landing on the runways at 3 am...creepy...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Groom Lake just deals with it (the tourists). They have the routine down. The place may be famous, but you have to be on Tikaboo to see anything. But if you are on Tikaboo, they know you are there. Maybe they care, and maybe they don't. It depends on the tests. If you google N105TB, you can see video shot from Tikaboo of N105TB analyzing (following in flight and "sniffing") a Sukoi-27. I've photographed that SU-27 flying east of the ET Highway during a Red Flag. They knew with 100% accuracy I had a camera and was going to photograph it.

If there is something they don't want you to see, they test it on moonless nights.

In the internet age, if the US started another base, just how long do you think it would remain a secret? Case is point is that "Mystery at Salt Flat" website that popped up a few years ago. Hey, moving your CIA training base to some hell hole in Texas seemed like a good plan to me. However the website author quickly found the CIA CN235 leased to Devon.
Mystery at Salt Flat
The USAF just can't be moving all this infrastructure anytime they think their secret base has been discovered. Rather, they have countermeasures, and until we have satellites with Xray vision, there are no counter-countermeasures. When the EMCCD cameras reach consumer prices, the base will probably have an issue with the tourists camped out there at night.

Back to the link, I like the animated gif of Papoose Mountain. It screams "nothing to see here!"

Regarding the so called tunnel entrances, it seems to me this type of entrance would be a problem when it rains. Of course there could be some mitigation scheme not visible on the satellite image. And only one of the "entrances" appears to have an opening. I suspect the ramps have something to do with the landfill, and if someone were an expert in such things, they would explain the function.

Often things look way more interesting when your imagination runs wild, but are quite boring when you know the details. For instance at
34°55'39.91"N 117°52'42.53"W
there is a structure that people believed was a tunnel entrance. Actually they tune up the aircraft gun by firing at that structure with the plane parked on one of the nearby circles.

Look at the jet deflectors at Palmdale.
34°38'34.79"N 118° 4'56.13"W
If you use the time machine, you can see that sometimes they have covers where the aircraft is parked, and sometimes they don't. When covered, it is probably a secret aircraft. I suppose there is a chance the plane would be revealed when moved, but they could just put a tarp over it and tow it to the test stand.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by polarwarrior
If there was anything big at area 51 anymore, why on earth would they let the pic go public in Google earth?

My guess is ever since area 51 became a household name, there is no way they would use it for anything top secret.

When is the last time you went out to the Nevada desert?

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
The Preadator project is run from Area 51.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

The run the Predator and Reaper out of Creech AFB and Nellis AFB. I don't know how the missions between the bases differ. [The could possibly be running drone operations out of Gray Butte as well since it is at a higher level of security than El Mirage.]

If they were to test something new on a Predator or Reaper, it would probably be a sensor or weapon, not a modification to the airframe itself. Thus I don't think there would be a need for a high level of secrecy. One pod looks similar to the next. The weapons modifications have already been done with nobody noticing since the variations of the Hellfire missiles look similar.

They are flying some other UAVs at Groom for sure. There are two locations for control towers.
Four towers at
37°14'3.99"N 115°48'15.42"W
and
37°17'41.25"N 115°49'20.93"W

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Regarding the "L" word, I've never bought into the debunking of Lazar fully. There is a great Coast 2 Coast interview with Richard Dolan and Grant Cameron discussing how Lazar was likely part of a deliberate Gov leakage or controlled release -- I've just posted on The Object Report which would explain why no university records, questionable personal life, etc. This is a really good C2C, highly recommend giving it a listen... AgentD

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ObjectReporter

If you are associated with the Object Report, you might want to find a better place to host it. Blogspot is just awful. If your page doesn't start in two seconds, people go elsewhere. Hosting is so cheap these days. I gave up on the Object Report main page after 15 seconds. When pages load slowly, people start to think spyware is being loaded. Blogspot is a new low in hosting. Even Angelfire and Tripod weren't that bad.

Regarding the L word, all he did was disclose his ability to fabricate stories. One somewhat invigorating hike up Bonanza Peak and some decent binocs will convince you there is nothing there at Papoose Dry Lake. The hike up Mount Sterling as Tom Mahood outlined it is substantially easier. This is up to the viewing location, not the peak. But Bonanza Peak has a real trail and a better view. While there is nothing to see at Papoose Dry Lake, you can see all sorts of stuff on the Nellis range.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Yes, I am associated with TOR. Thanks for the observation about the Blog, if people are in that sort of rush, then maybe they're better off going someplace else.

I guess time will tell if Lazar is making it all up. One thing is certain, there are a lot of other, more interesting stories coming in all the time to follow and it won't be just one person, or one theory that reveals the reality.

Let me know if you have any tips or stories, well post it.

AgentD

top topics

join