It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist seeks surrogate mother for Neanderthal baby

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Will give it a shot. What are the odds he will answer. I wonder how many emails the dude gets a day lol

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
come to think of it, I always suspected it, but I probably have neanderthal genes.....I have some of these features....lol

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

I would agree with most of what you said, except for this...

...Then he/she would go to college and speak about his peoples misrepresentation in history...

Considering he/she wouldn't know any more about history than we do. He/she would only know what was learned from us. But it would be very interesting to know the average "IQ" a Neanderthal really had. Not just what we suppose they had.

I wonder what this Neanderthal would think of us resurrecting the species?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

An assumption based on observational experience of how humans treat those who are different.

Trust me I know all about this. I was raised in a care home for medically fragile children and teens.

Not all humans are like that. I am not

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Hmm. Seems to me this geneticist (George Church) does NOT need a human woman to carry a Neanderthal baby - most likely, an ape or chimpanzee would do. And probably already has done. ...So why talk about searching for a human surrogate mother? What's really going on here?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
first off what is a neanderthal.

if a human woman can have a baby with a "neanderthal", then it wasn't a "neanderthal" but human to begin with.

is it a cave man? or a early human.

in that case the baby would be one of the most advanced humans ever born.

early man is who invented how to make fire, to move stone, who forged the savage wilderness in search of Eden and start civilization.

early man wasn't a dumb cave man mesmorized in excitement at the sight of fire, but the strongest and most intelligent of us, the bravest, the most wise, the most courageous who exemplified all the best qualities of humanity.

he would have to be survive and take humanity with him to the 4 corners of the globe. to tame and conquer what was in front of him so the ones who come after can survive.

it would be like dropping you in northern siberia with nothing, and survive.

even the most hardcore of the preppers and survivalists on this forum will die, without their bug out bag, rifles, gps, compasses, maps, mre's, flash lights, tents, fire starters, sleeping bags, cell phones, radio's, knives and all the other tools humanity has that he didn't.

here's a tip, the more things you have in your bug out bag or survival kit, the least amount of knowledge you have to survive.

because early man had to do without it.

when you can survive in any environment in any terrain, in any climate in any part of the world there is man without absolutely anything but your brain, what you can invent and make out of your own two hands and what God has given you, then you can claim and come close to being as intelligent and as strong as early man.

God has never abandoned us. even in our darkest hour.

edit on 20-1-2013 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This is awsome that will give us a chance to really see what evolution looks like if its real.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Well thats the Nat Geo version of them

Check out what this dude thinks

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It's just wrong in so many ways.

But I would imagine it would happen sooner or later.

PYONGYANG – Aug 15th, 2023 - In a announcement that shocked the world, North Korea today announced that it has successfully birthed a Neanderthal baby more than a year ago. Samples of live cultured cells from the baby were sent to labs around the world in conjunction with the announcement. “We can confirm that this is in fact a Neaderthal-based child,” said Dr. Panneteria, the head of exo-biology at the CDC in Atlanta. “Over 80% of the genome sequenced matches samples of genetic materials that have been reassembled from Neaderthal remains. Of course, modern humans from European stock retain about 5-10% of their own genetic stock from interbreeding with Neanderthals.” Rumors have circulated that North Korea is planning on assembling an army of genetically modified Neanderthals, claiming that such organisms lie outside of the Geneva conventions as “non human”…

phuturenews.com...

edit on 20-1-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
On the one hand, I can see the scientific value in having a living neanderthal to study and observe. On the other hand, how heartless and cruel to bring this creature into the modern world to be treated as a freak, and a lab rat. Any woman who goes for this must be out of her mind.

Well its not a creature. It would be a fully fledged human. Possibly Nordic, and most definitely past cycle human. And um...not sure if they would go out of their way to hide some of this, and thus mutilate any genetic material they may have to create their own human version of this. Because I don't put anything past them, they sure wouldn't want it out in the open in the least, not the truth.
edit on 20-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Well that's seems messed up, bringing back the species we killed off is just weird, why not bring back the dinosaurs first, we didn't kill them lol

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
As intriguing as this idea is, I have to ponder the moral ramifications of cloning a neanderthal. We are talking about subjecting an individual to a lifetime of loneliness, let alone the poking, prodding and parading. Mary Shelly wrote a novel about a scientific experiment, and to be quite honest, this is how many in the world will view such an effort.

“So much has been done, exclaimed the soul of Frankenstein--more, far more, will I achieve; treading in the steps already marked, I will pioneer a new way, explore unknown powers, and unfold to the world the deepest mysteries of creation.” ― Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hashslinger
As intriguing as this idea is, I have to ponder the moral ramifications of cloning a neanderthal. We are talking about subjecting an individual to a lifetime of loneliness, let alone the poking, prodding and parading. Mary Shelly wrote a novel about a scientific experiment, and to be quite honest, this is how many in the world will view such an effort.

“So much has been done, exclaimed the soul of Frankenstein--more, far more, will I achieve; treading in the steps already marked, I will pioneer a new way, explore unknown powers, and unfold to the world the deepest mysteries of creation.” ― Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Not any different then how a special needs child is treated other than being the subject intense lab studies and curiosity like a side show .

It's just morally wrong.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if we are all part of some sick experiment, and that is not a great feeling. Imagine what it would be like to know for a fact that was the case. That the only reason you exist, is because some scientist was curious what would happen. Maybe I am overthinking it.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Well its not a creature.

I'll give you that one. Poor choice of words.

It would be a fully fledged human. Possibly Nordic, and most definitely past cycle human.

I'm not convinced scientists know that for a fact. See "Iknowstuff" post above.

And um...not sure if they would go out of their way to hide some of this, and thus mutilate any genetic material they may have to create their own human version of this. Because I don't put anything past them, they sure wouldn't want it out in the open in the least, not the truth.

I think we can agree on this.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I personally think the Earth was created as an Alien reality tv show.

It would explain a lot you know.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I think the question that really needs to be ask is where is the cut off point between humans and other sentient beings as far as experimentation is concerned?
Or any other living animal.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by TKDRL

I personally think the Earth was created as an Alien reality tv show.

It would explain a lot you know.

If so,I want my cut.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

PYONGYANG – Aug 15th, 2023 - In a announcement that shocked the world, North Korea today announced that it has successfully birthed a Neanderthal baby more than a year ago. Samples of live cultured cells from the baby were sent to labs around the world in conjunction with the announcement. “We can confirm that this is in fact a Neaderthal-based child,” said Dr. Panneteria, the head of exo-biology at the CDC in Atlanta. “Over 80% of the genome sequenced matches samples of genetic materials that have been reassembled from Neaderthal remains. Of course, modern humans from European stock retain about 5-10% of their own genetic stock from interbreeding with Neanderthals.” Rumors have circulated that North Korea is planning on assembling an army of genetically modified Neanderthals, claiming that such organisms lie outside of the Geneva conventions as “non human”…

I read through that and was like "WTF!!!!!! This has gotta be a hoax"
I read through it a 2nd time and couldnt believe it, an actual DR from the US confirmed it!!!!!!

It was only after I cut and paste the first sentence into a search that I caught on LMAO

Very tricky

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Phuture news.
Future news.
Yes,but it could come true.

But it has not happened yet.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join