It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist seeks surrogate mother for Neanderthal baby

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I'll just stick with that last one then. I think doing something like this would screw us up even more as a species than we are now with all these friggin answers we're looking for. Maybe the Neanderthals didn't waste time philosophizing and trying to "go around" nature?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Lots of interesting information in your posts.

The anthropology from many years ago and some recent American documentaries, Discovery, History Channel and National Geographic, placed emphasis on the lack of team work or social developement in Neandertals. It was said that the Neanderthal disappeared during the last Ice Age because Cro-Magnon or whoever we come from had better intergroup cooperation. No certainty as to whether Neanderthal died out or interbred. Inter breeding could explain the larger body size and arm strength of the Northern Europeans vs the Romans.

Emphasizing integrroup cooperation could be NWO collectivist propaganda. Might be true though.

David versus Goliath comes to mind. Goliath, the well fed Neanderthal gets killed at a distance by David's talented sling shot.

Maybe Neanderthals were just plain slower than us. Every generation or evolutionary cycle chooses the faster animals. In general, the fastest animals of all time are the normal wild animals of today.

Did anything you read mention the Neanderthal's social instincts or interpersonal default settings?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Neanderthal's different brain architecture could have important subtle effects. Since he may be less linguistic he might also be more sceptical.

A smaller forebrain makes sophistry or persuasion harder to understand. Less inclined to belief and more dependant on knowledge.

Perhaps plodding thought and non imaginative logic comes from Neanderthal.

Pericles was noted for his long head.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

so we're going to clone a Neanderthal being so we can suck his blood?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
This would be interesting, i wonder how much of a difference there would be when it is cross breed

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Interesting, this could start the surge of a new-frontier...

2Line

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
reply to post by BigfootNZ

so we're going to clone a Neanderthal being so we can suck his blood?

Umm I think you might have replied to the wrong post there... since I nearly choked on my own saliva when I saw you were replying with that, to me.

All I was saying was that those who where mentioning its lack of immunity to modern strains of diseases are mostly wrong given that a mother as far as I understand it transfers a good portion of her own immunities to such things through the first sessions of breast feeding her baby as antigens and the like especially in the mothers Colostrum.

Im sure modern humans and neanderthals shared the same biological system in this regard so the surrogate mother would pass on a good deal of her modern immunity to the 'cloned' baby.

No blood sucking involved, especially from the baby... not sure where you got that from. So like i said I think you made a wrong clicky, if not... then well, hmmm

Originally posted by Semicollegiate
No certainty as to whether Neanderthal died out or interbred. Inter breeding could explain the larger body size and arm strength of the Northern Europeans vs the Romans.

Emphasizing integrroup cooperation could be NWO collectivist propaganda. Might be true though.

David versus Goliath comes to mind. Goliath, the well fed Neanderthal gets killed at a distance by David's talented sling shot.

Maybe Neanderthals were just plain slower than us. Every generation or evolutionary cycle chooses the faster animals. In general, the fastest animals of all time are the normal wild animals of today.

Given they've found neanderthal DNA markers in modern humans does mean we interbreed, no other way they could have gotten there, which means that some of us owe the neanderthals alot, since that would mean we came from them as well. Which means alot of us arent really 'human' as in that we are part of an unbroken line from modern mans direct ancestors, but actually a bunch of cross species hybrids of modern mans ancestors and some other off shoot... and thats pretty neat

Ummm neanderthals where short, and feeding em wouldnt make em any bigger, especially Goliath size. What has a bible story have to do with Neanderthals anyway? and what does speed have to do with anything? Neanderthals supposedly went toe to toe with their prey, so they had to be fast enough to catch up to it, or smart enough to lay elaborate traps.

And sorry but... inter-group co-operation is an NWO plot?.. roll on the NWO then, sounds like a noble goal.
edit on 25-1-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Whoops... double post sorry, must be once in a blue moon time again, stupid antivirus started doing an update just as i hit post...
edit on 25-1-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join