It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strongest evidence yet to there being life on Mars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Strongest evidence yet to there being life on Mars'

www.telegraph.co.uk

Martian rocks from a crater hit by a meteorite may contain the strongest evidence yet that there is life on Mars.Prof John Parnell, 55, has co-written a theory with Dr Joseph Michalski, a planetary geologist at the Natural History Museum, that suggests they have discovered the best signs of life in the huge McLaughlin Crater on the surface of Mars.The document, published today in Nature Geoscience journal, describes how they assessed the crater, created by a meteorite which smashed into the surf
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 20-1-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
As usual, did the search and couldn't find this.

I find this to be more Confirmation of what most of us already assumed.What I find interesting is that they admit the liklihood that there is still a chance of bacteria and Microbes still living in subterranean Cracks. These would be living off hydrogen just like on Earth. Seems like They say no animals would be living underground,but fungi could possibly still exist.

Not that I think this yet how could they know if there was a community living deep under ground like the humans from Zion in The Matrix, LOL

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I believe life is abundant in the universe.. we just can't see it..

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

I'm with you on that. Pretty egotistical to think its just us. What an awful waste of space

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I have no doubt that there is life out there.
I remember seeing a nature show in which they described the discovery of small living creatures living at the bottom of the ocean on hot volcanic vents.The creatures didn`t need oxygen they live on these hot volcanic vents and survive from the sulfur coming out of the vents.

oxygen isn`t necessary for life and I doubt that water is even necessary, there is no limit as to what kind of lifeforms may have evolved in the universe.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Yep. I'm a big Mars Geek.

I just know I'm going to bust out with excitement if they ever do find microbes still surviving or even something as complex as moss or lichen on a rock there.

Rest of my family is most likely going to give the the Mr. Spock eyebrow treatment over it. But I'll still be excited.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think there's tons of life all throughout the universe. We just have to find it. :-)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quietwhisper
I think there's tons of life all throughout the universe. We just have to find it. :-)

Or has it already found us

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
What is the significance? If there is actual life found on mars, what does it matter in the grand scheme of our lives here on earth?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I dunno how a meteorite striking the surface of Mars can shoot into atmopsphere and the debris float to earth.

It's like a grape fruit and an apple 150 miles away (comparative) and squishing the apple and the juice floating that far and hitting it (even in zero gravity)
edit on 20-1-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Religious Impacts I would think.

All life Was created by God(as it goes) . therefore if life exists elsewhere it changes things doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Not necessarily. I never heard god proclaim in the bible that we were the first life he created, or even the only life

Of course someone might verywell put up some scripture and have me eating my words

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Not necessarily. I never heard god proclaim in the bible that we were the first life he created, or even the only life

Of course someone might verywell put up some scripture and have me eating my words

I'm like 80% gore but I easily could be wrong.I really feel life existing elsewhere would really be a shellshock to the religious community

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
So if they do find microbes on Mars will it be the same species as Earths, being a basic lifeform?
Or having evolved on Mars would they be their own type of Martian beast?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
So if they do find microbes on Mars will it be the same species as Earths, being a basic lifeform?
Or having evolved on Mars would they be their own type of Martian beast?
Iwould have to assume Martian. But They say these live off hydrogen like on Earth so who Knows

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
In the Bible, God created angels and life on Earth. That's all it mentions.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by blahxd67
In the Bible, God created angels and life on Earth. That's all it mentions.
Yes But wasn't the idea of a geocentric universe the result of religion assuming life only existed here

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The thread title threw me off a bit. It says "best evidence," but the quoted text reads "theory." =(

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoulVisions
The thread title threw me off a bit. It says "best evidence," but the quoted text reads "theory." =(

Why not read the article

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

SIgh. I did, smarty-pants. I wasn't insulting you or anything.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join