It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Democrat pleads with Republican not to share document proposing confiscation of guns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I am not, by nature, a violent person. For most of my life I haven't owned a firearm, and although I used one in the US Army, I left it in the arms room after I was done. The point here is that guns and the right to bear them is not a luxury, but a necessity. The founding fathers could see down the road pretty far, and we need to make sure and remain vigilant so we don't drop the ball on our watch. Giving up our right to arm ourselves proportionate to the force exerted by our government is not only a right, but an obligation.

And now a few words from Chuck.

edit on 22-1-2013 by 3v0lv3r because: The video holding image was not showing up. Hope I didn't screw it up.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet but here's an FAQ from NY gov't on the act:

www.governor.ny.gov...

edit on 22-1-2013 by acuna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by acuna
Not sure if this has been posted yet but here's an FAQ from NY gov't on the act:

www.governor.ny.gov...

edit on 22-1-2013 by acuna because: (no reason given)

Yes it has but always good to keep posting to keep people aware. That being said, everything on that site contradicts itself if it wasn't so serious it's would actually be funny. It says ar 15 platform is banned pretty much then goes on to say to register it with the state police. Then the issue of ammo purchase even for 1 20 round box of ammo you will be subjected to standing in line for a background check and if it's anything like the long gun check your looking at filling out a 2 sided form then a phone call that takes between 15 and 30+ minutes depending on call volume, then the disclaimer on the bottom of the page: its not to be used as legal advice and the toll free number staffed by people who have no answers to give. This is the state website to explain the law!!!!

<< 1  2  3   >>

join