It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the hell did this happen ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Just saw O'bama's swearing in ceremony
How the hell does a guy trying to restrict your constitution get to swear to protect it

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Didnt he blow the first attempt at the oath then supposedly take the second one behind closed doors?

Yeah... he never really retook the oath. He is just a banker/corporate/NWO sponsored usurper.
edit on 1/20/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
How the hell does a guy trying to restrict your constitution get to swear to protect it

That's exactly why he should be impeached.

Broken Oaths of high office, is akin to treason..swearing to defend and protect the US constitution, then over a few short years, dismantling it Amendment by Amendment...isn't protecting anything, except perhaps his Master's best interests..and i'm not talking about the US people either.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I just watched it too. Somewhat incensed by the whole affair (which it wasn't). It was "private". Because it was too cold? Because no one would have shown up like the million people that did the first time? The media has been talking about it for weeks... about security, about maybe walking to the White House. They even held their little press conference outside (in the cooold and then , at the last minute, its in the blue room of the White House.

Oh and lets catch everyone by surprise and do it Sunday morning.

What mandate what groundswell. This government is a sham, oh wait.... it's private.
edit on 20-1-2013 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Why would anyone even watch this?
Id rather watch an episode of Jersey Shore than see that fraud get sworn in as president

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Originally posted by cody599

That's exactly why he should be impeached.

Broken Oaths of high office, is akin to treason..swearing to defend and protect the US constitution, then over a few short years, dismantling it Amendment by Amendment...isn't protecting anything, except perhaps his Master's best interests..and i'm not talking about the US people either.

I'm the first to admit I don't understand american law
But how can you allow a man to swear to protect and uphold the constitution when he's clearly working against it ?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

But how can you allow a man to swear to protect and uphold the constitution when he's clearly working against it ?

One thing "real" Americans know about our government is that it is filled with consumate liars.

edit on 20-1-2013 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Protecting the Constitution means the ENTIRE thing, including the ability to amend. Is Lincoln a traitor for amending the Constitution?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Lincoln didnt amend anything by himself. Do you even know whats required to add or repeal an amendment?
I didnt think so, go google it real fast.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Judging by the response , there is as little interest here either.
I been looking for the "ceremony" I just saw on CNN, its not up yet.

Biden's is. And he has a different one than Obama. In his he has to state he has no reservations or ulterior motives...

Obama gets let off that hook.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Protecting the Constitution means the ENTIRE thing, including the ability to amend. Is Lincoln a traitor for amending the Constitution?

You forgot the defend part. Protect and defend. And only change it through ratification by the senate and house. So those executive orders and orders for war? That would be a violation of the constitutional process.

The president has no such mandate by himself.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Who signed it? Oh, Lincoln.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Technically speaking, you are correct. However, if we hold that same standard across the history of the nation, you'd find very few valid Constitutional defenders elected to the White House.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Technically speaking, you are correct. However, if we hold that same standard across the history of the nation, you'd find very few valid Constitutional defenders elected to the White House.

Agreed. It's a see saw battle. Has been ever since they wrote it all down. They did that after witnessing the revolution in France and the hell of Europe general, which they still had a bad taste in the mouth from.

Once England began to follow the "colonists" here, thats when they began the process of freeing themselves from those "yokes". What we're supposed to have is a protection from those same greedy, controlling, selfish minds that will always encroach every chance they get.

Sadly, like you said. Even if all the words are correct, we are far removed from the original constitution.

top topics

join