It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't Touch My Kids Unless I Tell You To!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

well both of my kids (now adults) don't have cavities... and I took them to the dentist and had some glaze put over their teeth to protect them (just in case they didn't brush them properly)

those were the days when I had money cos it was bloody expensive = 1000 dollars each kid and thankfully I only had 2 of them ... lol

no wonder I don't have any money

but a crown???? this dentist put crowns on the teeth? that doesn't sound right... prolly the glaze that my kids had done and that isn't a big thing really...

crowns cost 1500 dollars EACH and take 2 weeks to be made and ready...

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

I thought that was for the false-god "Sodium Fluoride" to keep her teeth healthy? Or has public water fluoridation failed us like I always claimed it has?
edit on 21-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
lol she looks like old dirty bastard! lmao she got her a grill she will be the most popular in school

Yo, ODB was the shizznit.

I wish I had a grill when I was in the public school system.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
Only on ATS could we start an argument about some kids teeth…..

I have to ask why do any of us even care.....

in a few years or even moths this little girl wont even care.....

it's about the mother attempting to scam the system because she doesn't want to pay.

there are strict laws that every health practitioner must follow regarding procedures on children. just using a stethoscope on a child without the parent present and consenting is grounds for sexual assault, a huge lawsuit, and the practitioner potentially losing their license.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I can't believe how many here are defending the dentist.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ok ...
... that was some pretty extensive dental work .... my heart goes out to that little girl ... it probably was what was needed, but, I do agree with the interview dentist, that white color should have at least been applied ... jeez

Metal caps are usually used on young patients; my son's pediatric dentist explained why, even though at the time we could have afforded porcelain. That was years ago, and I'll bet nowadays there could be some way to make them look better, as that white coating helped.

Another time for a visit, I sat in the waiting room reading literature about a new procedure to coat teeth to protect against cavities, a procedure enthusiastically promoted at the time for every child, let alone adults. It all sounded great, until I read the part about the "etching" that would have to be done to the tooth, and the fact that, for the rest of his life, the procedure would have to be redone periodically. I decided that I couldn't allow a procedure that committed my minor son to a lifetime of dental procedures that were not necessary (but which were being sold as not a big deal, easy procedure).

I figured if he wanted this when he was an adult, fine, that would be his choice. I think too many times we don't fully comprehend dental/medical procedures and/or their drawbacks.

I'm glad that mom made others aware of what could happen. While I know I haven't heard the dentist's side of the story, I still feel, jeez, you could have at least done the white coating.
edit on 21-1-2013 by desert because: punctuation

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by jiggerj

well both of my kids (now adults) don't have cavities... and I took them to the dentist and had some glaze put over their teeth to protect them (just in case they didn't brush them properly)

those were the days when I had money cos it was bloody expensive = 1000 dollars each kid and thankfully I only had 2 of them ... lol

no wonder I don't have any money

but a crown???? this dentist put crowns on the teeth? that doesn't sound right... prolly the glaze that my kids had done and that isn't a big thing really...

crowns cost 1500 dollars EACH and take 2 weeks to be made and ready...

Your missing the point, Thurisaz. When you brought your kids to have their teeth glazed, did the dentist do anything more without your permission?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join