It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fed Notes Reveal Current US Treasury Secretary is a Criminal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Yesterday we broke the news of what is prima facie evidence, sourced by none other than the Federal Reserve's official August 16, 2007 conference call transcript, that then-NY Fed president and FOMC Vice Chairman Tim Geithner leaked material, non-public, and very much market moving information (the "Geithner Leak") to at least one banker, in this case then Bank of America CEO Ken Leiws, in advance of a formal Fed announcement

www.zerohedge.com...

For those of you who don't remember at the start of the Global Financial Meltdown, there was a huge inflection point in August of '07. The market was set up to really crash. The subprime lenders had imploded and exploded, and the doubts about the health of the BIG US Banks were in doubt. At 2:00 a huge amount of buying commenced on no news at all after the market had declined severely over the past few days. The following morning the FED announced the first of what would be a path to the Zero Interest Rate Policy that we are at now. This is probably the inflection point of when I lost faith in the financial system. This is where I found that the Banksters really ruled the world and were the real masters of the politicians we think we elect.

According to Zerohedge from the FED's own minutes

MR. LACKER. Vice Chairman Geithner, did you say that [the banks] are unaware of what we’re considering or what we might be doing with the discount rate? VICE CHAIRMAN GEITHNER. Yes. MR. LACKER. Vice Chairman Geithner, I spoke with Ken Lewis, President and CEO of Bank of America, this afternoon, and he said that he appreciated what Tim Geithner was arranging by way of changes in the discount facility. So my information is different from that.

Leaking information like that should be felonious and to be honest I'm pretty sure it is.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

if our precious timothy geithner were a regular citizen, he would have been jailed many years ago.
unfortunately, this is not a surprise.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If the title of your post said someone in power in the world of finance/politics is NOT a criminal, I would be intrigued. Unfortunately, as you state, this is status quo nowadays.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

He's also a tax cheat.....

Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, who was forced to fork up $34,000 in unpaid back taxes, told the House Ways and Means Committee Tuesday that the Obama administration will be going after people who avoid and evade taxes.

Of course, he paid up and never got a fine, instead got a position in the administration.
But had that been you or me, we'd either be in jail or financially ruined fighting the IRS....or both.

edit on 19-1-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

He's a member of the Obama administration, thus calling him "criminal" is redundant. The example you gave of him lying about sharing sensitive information seems to pale in comparison to how many times he has bluntly lied to Congress and America about his paranoid delusions in regards to the fiscal cliff, spending cuts, taxation (hypocritical jackass supported raising taxes... of course he did, he doesn't pay his so why does he give a flip?)

He shares a major trait with the rest of this administration and most of Congress: A deep rooted, seething need to be removed from office for the good of the nation.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

join