It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't tell if I'm beginning to lose my faith in humanity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by streetfightingman

maybe the library isn't the best place to try and get a date?
why don't you just go to the pub like everyone else?

go out dancing....

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I guess the women you're trying to 'signal' aren't on the same page as you are. Maybe you should try to find someone that has the same views as you; I mean there has to be some women out there that are interested in the same topics as you are. You'll find someone one day; there's no need to rush

And as for humanity, I find that my faith in it is starting to diminish as well.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Marcelli

I try. I try. I really do. I don't see them. They're constantly glued to their phones when they're on the
bus and I try to make some glances or smiles at them, or take a peek at the book while they are reading;
for the title.

And sometimes I'll say hi, and I'll ask them how they're doing and their opinion on something, but
for the most part the good looking university girls go to university and I don't. And the last time
i was there, they rush about and sit in groups with each other, and I've approached girls at the Uni
in lines and talked to them, and I've even talked to a psych girl I thought was cute. I saw her; I didn't say
anything, but this was the second time.

The second time I saw her, she stared blankly at me. Then I saw her again on my way biking
home and she was on a bike, stalling. And stared blankly at me as I rode past her. I can't handle society
anymore. I really can't.

I just want to go up to girls who aren't constantly glued to something or who observe
their surroundings and think. And yes, I also want to bang something at a club, but I can't
because I don't have the liquidity to buy girls drinks or drugs or cab them about town.

Whenever I leave my house I see lots of men with lots of women. And lots of women
with lots of Asian men now too. And more single Asian women. Just like in 1984...
edit on 20-1-2013 by streetfightingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

sounds like you are intellectual and so trashy dating pub scene isn't for you.

try going shopping at the supermarket and play it stupid... if your too smart then a woman won't need to assist you and strike up a converstation.

library might work but if you come across too smarty farty then chicks will think your obnoxious and 'just stare at you'... lol

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I never said I was too good for the pub. I like girls at the pub sometimes. But I can never talk
to one because I don't have anything in common with them.

I figure that's how a conversation works. I don't know, like, how else to have one.

Get it? I can only go so far after getting comfortable with someone, after a while you have to have
something in common as well even if you're looking to just bang. Because if I dislike somebody's
views on opinions that are majorly in my interest, then I obviously can't hold a conversation.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

well what are your interests?

you can't just look at a person and say, "oh they do not have the same interests as me" ... you have to be open to different things... just talk to people and learn how to communicate. You come across as being quite closed...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by streetfightingman
reply to post by Marcelli

I just want to go up to girls who aren't constantly glued to something or who observe
their surroundings and think. And yes, I also want to bang something at a club, but I can't
because I don't have the liquidity to buy girls drinks or drugs or cab them about town.

Whenever I leave my house I see lots of men with lots of women. And lots of women
with lots of Asian men now too. And more single Asian women. Just like in 1984...

I'm guessing you're not game to try eHarmony anytime soon

Nah, I joke, I joke. Well, don't give up yet, bro! Somewhere out there, there's a lonely girl that's smart and beautiful wondering why men aren't interested in her. You're not the only one.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

You're young enough to take some college classes where available young women might be intelligent enough to carry on a decent conversation.

Please explain what you mean here:

I don't see a majority of people giving out receipts.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dispo

Seek legitimate psychological help.

If you study my background, you'll understand that I do not say this lightly.

The laws bind our hands on certain matters. If we were to take away these laws, what would someone with your background suggest we do with people in such dire need of therapy and medication (and could possibly become a very real threat to society)?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

yes

yes

and no, i am not a sexist.

i said roughly 80% of females based on my observations and personal experiences. that leaves an exceptional 20% that might poses some intellectual prowess, however most of your "sisters" are in fact very different than males, in more than a physical way. im referring to the way their brain works and functions is completely different than a mans brain, and this has been scientifically proven. on average womens brains are smaller than mens. call it evolution or whatever you want.

there is no reasoning with a woman, or logical compromise. again there is a 20% exception. maybe you fall in that percentage..maybe not. when you learn to block out emotion you tend to think rationally.

women want to be treated equally, this is probably one of the most hypocritical statements ever made. you know what im talking about.

we are completely different species, you might look like us talk and walk like us but biologically, and mentally you are a completely different species. its like saying that a domesticated house cat wants to be in the same league as a lion. they both are related and they both poses their own set of skills, but compared side by side a lion has no equal. and im referring to the human species. i know that in the pride of a lion its the females who do all the work. sadly you are no lioness

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I would never become a real threat to society. If I were ever to get a violent thought in my head
It would be to harm myself before I ever sought out to harm another human being.

With that said, all I want is to take out our dictators with all of the evidence I have
provided so far; given that I have full support from the President of Iran, and en-state new and just PM's and POTUS' and then of course,
take a girl in the process.

All non-violently of course.
edit on 20-1-2013 by streetfightingman because: To add in the non-violent clause

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

I would never become a real threat to society. If I were ever to get a violent thought in my head
It would be to harm myself before I ever sought out to harm another human being.

With that said, all I want is to take out our dictators with all of the evidence I have
provided so far; given that I have full support from the President of Iran, and en-state new and just PM's and POTUS' and then of course,
take a girl in the process.

All non-violently of course.

Good to know, Street. But, what I'm hearing is that your life truly sucks right now. You are feeling beyond miserable. If you don't seek help in order to stop your spiraling decent into madness, then even you don't know what you will be capable of doing a month, a year, or ten years from now.

There are some very good things in life, and you need to find some of them, and SOON!
edit on 1/20/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Stop telling me I'm mad. I'm compiling evidence to validate a number of claims that
affect you and North America right now so that people like myself and
people like Aaron Schwartz won't continue to be a threat to themselves or Society.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

there is a vague sexist tone to your words that is doing you no favors. but I get you.

I mean, really. it is not difficult to see that in the most general sense, there are fundamental differences between the male and female mindset. I wonder tho if it is not merely cultural? if we were to visit foreign cultures would the same basic differences persist in the same form?

I would not be surprised if they are persistent, physiological differences.

to the OP: I hear so much of my own current worldview in your writing. I was about to congratulate you for speaking such difficult words, but then I saw dispo's stark analysis and I realized that, if one is to be such a pathetic creature as ourselves, it is in one's best interest to keep one's mouth shut. and I won't hear about how none of this is DIRECTLY your fault. you can fix this but don't want to. so, here is the advice I would give to myself: just be patient. it'll come back around on its own. try to mitigate the effects of your self-distruction, and for what you cannot, try to be nice to yourself about it. and the girls? stop wasting so much brainpower on this useless game. there are other, and better, things for you to be thinking about.....when you start feeling better of course. no rush. there is plenty of time.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Could you elaborate as to how this is directly my fault?

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
reply to post by k1k1to

so, here is the advice I would give to myself: just be patient. it'll come back around on its own...

and the girls? stop wasting so much brainpower on this useless game. there are other, and better, things for you to be thinking about.....when you start feeling better of course. no rush. there is plenty of time.

^This.

I was sort of saying the same thing to him too... though I think I was a bit too vague. Let it come around, streetfightingman. You are young, you've got big things ahead of you in life. There are things that are far more important than getting a date, e.g, your ambitions and how you will make money.
edit on 20-1-2013 by Marcelli because: Arrrghh! I'm an idiot that doesn't proof-read!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

reply to post by tgidkp

Could you elaborate as to how this is directly my fault?

its not your fault.

why should you change who you are and dumb yourself down a couple of levels just to interact with females? why lie to yourself and pretend to like lady gaga, and gossip about kim kardashians new baby?

if people cant like you for who you are then thats their problem. thats why we cal them the "sheeple" and we are the sheep dogs, they all conform to the same things, whether its fashion or "current events".

my wife isnt a supermodel and wouldnt even make a solid 8 on a drunk night...but you know what? she TOLERATES me and my ideas, she listens as do i. even though i cant have any ground breaking conversations with her about astrology or science, we still talk. like i said earlier women are SIMPLE. we go fishing,camping, etc...

heres the best quote you'll ever hear about women in general

"If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, NEVER make a pretty woman your wife....take it from my personal point of view, get an UGLY girl to marry you".
edit on 20-1-2013 by k1k1to because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Streetfightingman, I can relate to your situation in a deep level as I'm in the same situation as you are in. In fact I have been in the same situation that you are in since I was born. That is I have never been able to have a deep connection with other people since my mother would never settle in one place long enough to find a friend I could connect with or a girl I could love. I'm 22 and if I had known back then that I would never have a friend and one kiss to the cheek when I was 10 years old is as sexually active as my life would get, I would probably have called it a day a long time ago. But isn't it strange... Since even back then I have always felt detached from people, no matter how many were around me.

I consider the truth more important than appeasing your scars with a lie such as "everything will be fine" or "you'll meet the one" because no one can tell what is in store in your future. I There is a small piece of wisdom I discovered through personal observation of the society I see around me which I find true about life. "The value of something can only be known and appreciated when you have never had it but always needed it." It seems many people take their success for granted while being surrounded by people who never stood a chance.

Instead I'm going to tell you the truth. The truth is that many a good people have died and will die never having had deep love in their lifes. But then again there are many a good people that have never had love but then find all they ever dreamed of later in life.

I tell you. Don't change your pure and honest ways to lead a happy life. Right now you could keep living if you embrace what little you have and find some peace in knowing that you could have been born into an existance much, much worse. Yet maybe you have embraced this fact a long time ago but have grown tired of leading miserable life. Quite an injustice it is then... But you have probably grown accustomed to feeling brief lapses of depression and small flavours of relative peace on the other end of the spectrum.

But to answer your question. Yes you are losing faith in humanity because you have never been given a chance to feel humanity in the first place. Yet you are not alone. I feel this way too. There is only so much you can do to change your life and that of others. The rest is on the world. Not you.

I can't tell you much else...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

and no, i am not a sexist.

i said roughly 80% of females based on my observations and personal experiences. that leaves an exceptional 20% that might poses some intellectual prowess, however most of your "sisters" are in fact very different than males, in more than a physical way. im referring to the way their brain works and functions is completely different than a mans brain, and this has been scientifically proven. on average womens brains are smaller than mens. call it evolution or whatever you want.

there is no reasoning with a woman, or logical compromise. again there is a 20% exception. maybe you fall in that percentage..maybe not. when you learn to block out emotion you tend to think rationally.

women want to be treated equally, this is probably one of the most hypocritical statements ever made. you know what im talking about.

we are completely different species, you might look like us talk and walk like us but biologically, and mentally you are a completely different species. its like saying that a domesticated house cat wants to be in the same league as a lion. they both are related and they both poses their own set of skills, but compared side by side a lion has no equal. and im referring to the human species. i know that in the pride of a lion its the females who do all the work. sadly you are no lioness

Unfortunately a lot of lions lazing around.

Yep, imagine that, men & women's brains are different. Men's brains about 10% larger on average, women's brains have more & tighter connections & nerves making them more efficient. Men think more logically on the left side of the brain, women have a larger corpus callosum allowing use of the left & right brain together. (Sometimes thought to be the reason for "women's intuition") Men tend to think linearly from point A to point B to point C, where women think non-linearly allowing for more views.

The secret is, to find a man & women whose differences enhance each other. Total logic or total emotion does not work in every situation. I'm not the 20%, I'm the flippin' 1%!

------------------------------

OP - you're still really young so don't be in such a hurry to find a girl that you end up with the wrong one. I'm a bit asperger's, so I ended up at 23 advertising for a hubby way back in the days where personal ads were in newspapers. I made a list of characteristics I was looking for (same education level as myself, decent degree, non-smoker, similar family desires and values, similar future plans) and stuck to it. Married for 19 happy years now.

No experience in dating recently, but what I've been reading about the current 20-somethings along with internet dating and hook ups leaves me cold and I wish you the best. Hopefully the incessant social networking dies down sometime before my kids are looking for mates.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join