It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The police are going sado ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Seems to me that it seems to be.
Just seems to never end ! The dept. of homeland security is never satisfied with introducing new ways to inflict pain. What could these possibly be used for aside from presenting some weird ass cop with an opportunity to abuse them. This is exactly the kind of thing you'd expect to see a sado masticist enjoy. IMO

Any way I have this and four more goodies for you.

1. Shock-cuffs. These made a splash in late 2012 when it was reported that Scottsdale Inventions had submitted a patent for metal handcuffs capable of delivering “high-voltage, low amperage shocks to disrupt a person’s voluntary nervous system,” much like Tasers. Depending on the model used, the handcuffs could shock a detainee at the will of his captor, or if the detainee wanders past a certain border – like an invisible fence for dogs

2. Rapid DNA analysis. One of the main stories of the future of policing will be cops’ ability to collect biometric data in the field, instead of at the downtown precinct. EFF reported earlier this month on a potentially troubling technology called Rapid DNA analysis, being developed by contractors with the federal government. The machine, which is about the size of a laser printer, has the ability to collect, analyze and catalog your DNA onsite in about 90 minutes.

3. Mobile fingerprinting. Police forces across the country have become enamored of smart phone-sized fingerprint scanners. The police use the devices to scan two fingers of the suspect and transmit the data via Bluetooth to the officer’s laptop in his cruiser. The laptop then checks the image against criminal databases for a match.

4. Iris scans.When I was arrested covering Occupy in December 2011, a livestreamer who was an old hat at political arrests warned me about the iris scan. Beginning in 2010, the NYPD started scanning arrestees’ irises on intake and immediately prior to arraignment. The stated purpose of these scans is to ensure that the person brought before the judge is the right one (there were some instances of mistaken identity), but in practice the scope of the iris scan is much broader. It’s plainly an example of collecting biometric data of people who haven’t been convicted of a crime, as well as a mechanism to punish those who refuse the scan.

5. License plate recognition.It’s not just your eyeballs and fingertips that law enforcement wants to scan. Relatively new technology called license plate recognition allows police to run thousands of tags a day, all while just driving around. Cameras mounted on cop cars constantly scan the area and check plates against databases, and alert the officer if there’s a match.

Here's your source.
edit on 19-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
All these new technologies only benefit the pigs and those in power...."officer safety" my ass! Its the people that need protecting from the neo gestapo.

Thats what happens when we allow other humans to govern us....what makes them so special? A 6 month academy of basic fitness and basic law? What a joke...it doesnt matter ill be hitting the woods soon anyway

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The only thing I disagree with is the handcuffs, everything else seems legit

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

That's pretty much why I highlighted on the cuffs. There just way over the top if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
if youre not breaking the law then whats the problem?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

I break the law everyday Darlin. Just being alive.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Just Like the SciFi films.
all the horrors we think of ARE coming...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

"No new thing under the sun ".

Solomon

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The only one that doesn't seem like an abuse of power waiting to happen, is #5. That one, seems legit and makes quite a bit of monetary sense for the cities/states that would employ it. Instead of issuing 2 tickets a day for expired tags; camera monitors, snips pics, sends data to terminal, terminal automatically sends ticket in mail...just went from $200/day for expired tags to $1000+/day...

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Those cuffs are an excuse for abuse waiting to happen! I mean really, if you already have a prisoner or detainee cuffed why the heck would you need to shock them? It's not like they can take a swing at you or pull a weapon with their hands cuffed behind their backs. If a cop is such a wuss he needs to shock someone into submission what the heck is he/she doing working as a cop to start with?

I also take issue with the DNA testing in the field. Any DNA test should require a warrant and should be done in a controlled environment. I see this sort of technology as a way for cops to sneak around getting a warrant because a lot of people will think that if the police have such tools available "at the scene" then it must be legal for them to take a DNA sample on the spot. I think we will see cases in court concerning this in the coming years.

Heck, I take issue with all five things! I'm sick of people thinking they can circumvent our rights in the name of the law! To Hades with them!

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku

Which law? The one that says I can't decide what to put in my body in my own home??? and then the one that says they can come in my home with or without probably cause, which the new DSM definitions may have given them carte blanche because I meet many/any diagnoses depending on whom you consult, whom others agreed meet fewer diagnoses?

Having said that, Randy, I have trouble with blanket assessments, even with overall organizations of order or supposed order, such as "the police." It was a great band, tho, in its time. LOL

So, really, the police are all going sadomasochistic? Come on.
They are as hamstrung as the rest of us, these days, for the most part. And more stuck in the middle than the average joe, IMHO.
edit on 20-1-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddha
Just Like the SciFi films.
all the horrors we think of ARE coming...

If you've lived long enough, most of them are already here, and you well know it.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku

Yeah, no innocent person ever gets arrested.

Innocent man freed after 25 years in Texas prison

There are many stories like this one.

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

edit on 20-1-2013 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

The cuffs patent is not even approved as far as I can tell, and the patent covers far more than cuffs... Neck restraint, straight jackets, etc. These devices would also have data retention for usage to limit abuse.

If and when they are ever in use, I highly doubt they will be used by the average cop in a squad car.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hello I am new to ats and checking things out. my brother is druid42. thanks.

posted on Jan, 22 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by neodruid66

Welcome to ATS, Druid's bro

Now, go get thee an avatar!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Well not to be a devils advocate to psychopaths in great charges of power positions over humanity but lets face it the best of us do not just have nothing to hide we can and will own up to things we would hide and face consequences were it not so destructive to our short fragile lives.

That is a bit sadistic though.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Sergiana because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Police officers have been abusing there privileges ever since there was a law and rules to live by, these men and women are over ridden by power ~ they assume they can do whatever they want when they want to, to whomever they choose to be there next victim, when your dealing with a cop it doesnt matter if you did right or wrong your guilty in there eyes, they can say anything they want about you and get away with it.. . its not a pretty picture but thats how they roll

new topics

top topics

join